Tribes 1 Ready-To-Run

First of all, thanks for bringing back Tribes 2. Awesome job.

Second, if you crave for some Tribes 1 but can't be bothered to manually edit in some new masterserver IP, or find the right combination of patches, or if you keep getting booted from servers because you miss some map, I've prepared a little something for you:

Tribes 1 Ready-To-Run

It's a single download containing Tribes v1.30 (LastHope), HudBot 0.5, Spoonbot 1.3, all major map packs and the major community-run master servers pre-configured in a single ZIP file. No installation needed, just extract somewhere and play online or with bots.

Comments

• Sounds great! Thanks... I didn't really know where to go for T1 stuff these days.
  • That's what this is for ;)

Oh and do tell me if I forgot some important map pack, or forgot to include a master server.
  • i already have Starsiege: Tribes..
  • Then... don't download this?
  • I remember checking on t1 a few years ago, and there was a pretty large playerbase, but is there still many people on it?
  • There's over 80 servers online, and always people playing. Most people play the LT maps in base or Annihilation mod. Classics like Broadside and Raindance still get their treatment as well, with well over 30 players on several servers during peak time.
  • Small update:

x) IRC now points to the tribesnext IRC channel
    x) English PDF Manual added
    x) German PDF Manual added
    x) French PDF Manual added
  • Tribes 1...is sorta dead, even MX are thinking of ways to somehow bring it back, but face it. t2 = win.
  • The last time I checked in on the Tribes 1 master list, which was about November last year, there were 20 people. Total. Over how many servers?

We're getting more people on one server in Tribes 2 than the remaining Tribes 1 servers have combined (and I'm not referring to the Goons here, the Branzone server is seeing a good boost of players too). If any of the Tribes games are dead, it's probably 1. Besides, there is the Classic mod for T2 which, if I recall correctly, is designed to emulate the pacing of Tribes 1.
  • edited January 2009
    My first post here :)

I beg to differ with the amount of T1 players...
    http://www.maxogc.net/tribes/master/

172 players on 93 servers.

I plan on doing the same thing for a T2 like master page.

**EDIT
    The page is auto updated every 6 hours.
  • Hmm, must have built back up in the last couple months. Maybe as a result of TribesNext, interest in Tribes overall has come back?

And a list like that for Tribes 2 would be awesome
  • thanks man this helped a lot!
  • And a list like that for Tribes 2 would be awesome

http://t2.plugh.us/

Doesn't show all the servers but close, and also doesn't have the cool background heh
  • My first post here :)

I beg to differ with the amount of T1 players...
    http://www.maxogc.net/tribes/master/

172 players on 93 servers.

I plan on doing the same thing for a T2 like master page.

**EDIT
    The page is auto updated every 6 hours.

That page is made of win, especially because you went that extra mile with the design and functionality.

Regarding the T2 classic mod: I still like to play T1 from time to time. T1 is not T2, and vice versa. And apparently, a good number of players agree with me. Plus there's a load of mods that simply don't exist in T2.

Long story told short: I love both games, each for their own charm and atmosphere. And T1 is far from dead despite being one of the longest running online games. (Okay it's not Netrek, but still... ;) )
  • Wow, how did I miss this thread? T1 Back! Woot!
  • Much, much thanks, mang! ;D

*bump*

Just found Tribes Next due to Penny Arcade, and just found T1 Ready-To-Run thanks to you.

Spreadin' news.
  • Glad you like it! Don't forget to tell me if there's something I should add, like vital map packs (I believe I got the most important ones, but you never know) or new/different masterserver addresses.
  • Does anyone still have shifter 5a, I had so many good memories of that mod, and would be awesome if theirs a server with it. Definatly worth playing.
  • add this to your autoexec cs:

file::delete("config\\gameserverlist.cs");

so as to avoid some asshollery that is going on right now exploitwise
  • Um, stupid question, but... why? You mean there's exploits in the servernames?
  • Um, stupid question, but... why? You mean there's exploits in the servernames?

That's been fixed on the Master Server end. They are now filtering out "exploits" from the servers.
  • Hmm, must have built back up in the last couple months. Maybe as a result of TribesNext, interest in Tribes overall has come back?

And a list like that for Tribes 2 would be awesome

Tribes 1 server list has been at close to 100 for over 2 years . Seems unreal, but yeah. Its easy to maintain, skin and code for . In a lot of ways its more fun to play than T2, and vice versa . I have both on my PC . I was "introduced " to MMO games with T1 on a 56k modem back in the day . The lag sucked, but the gameplay was awesome and kept me going until T2 released and the modding community shifted focus to that.
    Bottom line..good times!