Volcanic Remix By The | Policeman

Well basically what i did was solo over this Tribes 2 backtrack as you all know, Volcanic. This is something i actually did about 1 year ago and i found the file yesterday and thought i would share it with you guys. The sound quality doesn't compare to the actual sound of the backtrack but its still fun to listen to if your into guitar n stuff.

feedback is welcomed :P

http://www.filefront.com/user/Nuttbuster

Comments

• Post it on youtube? Instead of me having to download it haha. Only like 6mb, but I hate downloading loads and loads of things.
  • It might be cooler if it was in the same key as the song.
  • i made it about 50 seconds in and it was really truly one of the worst things i have ever heard. why don't you give up on the shredding for a bit and concentrate on theory so you can write something that actually works with a backing track and isn't just hey check out random guitar over this tribes 2 music.

really truly awful
  • edited September 2009
    It might be cooler if it was in the same key as the song.

first off it is in the same key, and i told you the quality makes it sound off. ffs Kryand do you even know what your talking aout?
    i made it about 50 seconds in and it was really truly one of the worst things i have ever heard. why don't you give up on the shredding for a bit and concentrate on theory so you can write something that actually works with a backing track and isn't just hey check out random guitar over this tribes 2 music.

really truly awful

is it really that bad? and 50 seconds? come on, you would be fired if you were a critic. if its so awful why dont you show me how much better you can do?

and ffs, i did this out of fun and to show you guys.. way too many haters here..
  • i stopped listening prolly 30 secs into it too, but i sure am glad you had fun making it!!
  • Sound quality doesn't change the pitch of a note let alone make a song in a different key, rofl. I mean the first one is possible, but someone would have to be a retard to make a recording under those conditions. Seriously, I thought this was a joke when I heard your solo start. If I was going to make one of those YouTube videos where they take video of a good guitarist playing a solo and have the audio be someone hitting random notes on a guitar, I'd use this song to do it. That's literally the first thing I thought of when I heard this.

I generally don't like putting down musicians of any reasonable level, but the fact that you are affiliated with The | Sniper diminishes a lot of respect points. You'll probably find that he has made your clan look not very respectable in the eyes of a lot of people.
  • eye, what didnt you like about it? and you really should listen to the whole thing before you draw a final conclusion..
  • It might be cooler if it was in the same key as the song.

first off it is in the same key, and i told you the quality makes it sound off. ffs Kryand do you even know what your talking aout?
    i made it about 50 seconds in and it was really truly one of the worst things i have ever heard. why don't you give up on the shredding for a bit and concentrate on theory so you can write something that actually works with a backing track and isn't just hey check out random guitar over this tribes 2 music.

really truly awful

is it really that bad? and 50 seconds? come on, you would be fired if you were a critic. if its so awful why dont you show me how much better you can do?

and ffs, i did this out of fun and to show you guys.. way too many haters here..
    because now in order to know that something is miserably bad you have to be technically proficient at it or something? i don't have to know how to shred like any number of retards that sit at guitar center all weekend playing the first 3 bars of stairway and then tapping around the neck like a moron to know that you can't play for shit. learn theory. stop posting your awful music. peace.
  • Sound quality doesn't change the pitch of a note let alone make a song in a different key, rofl. I mean the first one is possible, but someone would have to be a retard to make a recording under those conditions. Seriously, I thought this was a joke when I heard your solo start. If I was going to make one of those YouTube videos where they take video of a good guitarist playing a solo and have the audio be someone hitting random notes on a guitar, I'd use this song to do it. That's literally the first thing I thought of when I heard this.

I generally don't like putting down musicians of any reasonable level, but the fact that you are affiliated with The | Sniper diminishes a lot of respect points. You'll probably find that he has made your clan look not very respectable in the eyes of a lot of people.

where do i start with you?

The key is a B flat major, which is exactly what i played through out the cover. i dont know why you insist saying its in the wrong key, if you dont know music theory please stfu.

and sorry i dont have the state of the art recording equipment ffs that has nothing to do with this. and a real musician would see the creativity in this cover..

Kryand you think everyone is out to get you, i dont understand why every post is almost an attack towards someone,, did sniper have anything to do with me or my cover or you? no, you simply bring it up because your a miserable fuck face that has nothing better to do. if you dont like the cover fine, thats cool, but you defenitly need to keep your shit straight and stop provoking a flame thread.
  • as for you dan, i know my music theory very well.. and im quite found of how well you know it also, as it seems like you know everything. you and kryand have some personal issues. i post my cover for you guys, you say its shit, i ask why? you guys attack me. what is the matter with you?
  • anyone listening to that abortion of music you keep referring to as a cover (what are you covering? any random 14 year old's first day with a guitar?) would say that you really clearly have no idea what the hell you're doing.
  • I told you why it sucks. One of the reasons anyway. Volcanic is in E flat minor, but good guess. You're also off beat quite a bit. Hitting a bunch of notes is only cool when you can keep up with the tempo. And sorry, but there is no creativity here. This sounds like something I might have come up with in the first 5 minutes of trying. When I was 17. The only redeeming factor for this would have been if you were improvising the whole thing and not putting much work into it. Sounds like that's not the case though.
  • Kryand, when i recorded this it was %80 on the spot.. rest was editing idea's that i came up with later.. look man, i came up with this almost 2 years ago when i was starting to get into guitar methods and differnt techniques.. im sorry you dont like it..

and dan, im not even responding to you anymore, talking to you is like talking to a blank canvas.. (no brain)
  • you should know that this is definitely NOT in any major key. I don't have any instrument in front of me, and I could tell you that listening to the first 20 seconds of the song. It sounds like phrygian or something actually, definitely something diatonically related to major, but they seem to like to emphasize the b2 of the scale.

also, learn to do basic sound editing. i mean, it's almost unlistenable based on the volume differences between your obnoxious soloing and the original work.
  • edited September 2009
    The | Policeman, you did ask for feedback and that's exactly what they were giving you (albeit, they weren't packaging it with fluffy bunnies).

Everybody else, tone it back... he was asking for feedback, either post in a (somewhat) constructive fashion or get the fuck out.

Constructive:
    It might be cooler if it was in the same key as the song.

Borderline (Simon Cowell):

really truly awful
  • Constructive - you played some fast notes, Criticism - but try to actually make them fit with the song next time, instead of being (what Satch would say) "worlds most annoying soloist."

Sounds like it's the right key, but just out of the wrong or an atonal mode. It's hard to tell because it's so much louder than the backing.

Props for trying...and sharing it on the internet. How did you think this would end?
  • I would have been nicer, but as I said, the people with whom you associate yourself affect how I treat you.
  • GUYS GUYS COME ON HERE!!!!! He did say it was recorded TWO years ago! That's a pretty long time.

Policeman, maybe you should try "lush" or one of the other tracks and post that? It'd be interesting to hear how your play style has evolved
  • well thanks for those who can give me good feeback. and i will try recording this again guys, and with a better recording system and ill try to match the tone of the backing, but its hard cause Steven Clarke (the creater of the tribes 2 soundtracks) used a pretty advanced mixer and synth back in 01 when he made them. and im using a cheap $50 system.

If you other guys have what it takes to do a cover of these soundtracks, you should and share cause i love these songs :)
  • oh and kryand, im sorry you feel that way, sniper and i are actually 2 very different people.
  • well thanks for those who can give me good feeback. and i will try recording this again guys, and with a better recording system and ill try to match the tone of the backing, but its hard cause Steven Clarke (the creater of the tribes 2 soundtracks) used a pretty advanced mixer and synth back in 01 when he made them. and im using a cheap $50 system.

If you other guys have what it takes to do a cover of these soundtracks, you should and share cause i love these songs :)

when do you think you'll be done?
  • I started reading your description of the track but quit on the third line.

Terrible (you not the track - I didn't listen to it).

Also, being in The | Clan is an embarrassment.
  • I started reading your description of the track but quit on the third line.

Terrible (you not the track - I didn't listen to it).

Also, being in The | Clan is an embarrassment.

im flattered. thanks
  • So after reading all this I thought there is no way im ganna waist 20 sec of my life downloading this crap then I downloaded it and thought I am no way ganna waist 4 min of my life listening to this but I did, And I have to admit it wasent as bad as all of you said it was going to be. Would I buy it no, should it be the new song of T2 no, will I listen to it again nope cause its gone already. Would I listen to the next one from Policeman? for sure. I love seeing and hearing new stuff for T2 no matter if its good or bad.

and for what its worth
    the key seems fine only problem I had was just to much guitar and thats just a simple mixing issue. I definitely think your onto something.
    So keep them coming Policeman

B out
  • edited September 2009
    I listened to it and yes it wasnt the best thing I have heard but it wasnt that bad.Maybe if you would have mixed it better or just had it stand alone.What I mean by that not have the original polished track playing in the background since yours was kinda raw.