Sound jamming and footsteps sound blocking

Is it possible to get a pack to stop player footsteps from generating? Like when user has pack X active, the footsteps would not be generated.
It is easy to get a pack to develop a sound but to disable other sounds seems hard.

And one idea what seems very impossible, is to get sensor jamming pack to disable all communications from players who are area of effect. So they would not get messages at all or any information of objectives etc. And what seems to be totally impossible, would be to get the games own VoIP disabled same time. And it would not even be effective because usually people use teamspeak or other software for that.

Comments

• You could make a pack that converts a player's armor to a special armor specifically designed to stop them from generating foot sounds. Not sure about removing footprints.

And it's pretty obvious that the second thing isn't worth doing.
  • You could make a pack that converts a player's armor to a special armor specifically designed to stop them from generating foot sounds. Not sure about removing footprints.

Well mayby the conversion is then needed. Even that I do not have a clue how to morhp the armor to other.

The such armor is easy to do, even with version what would not show footprints, but those I like to keep. But not the sound of footsteps.

Is there any model what I could check how to morph armor to other?
  • %player.setArmor("Light");
    ?
  • datablock PlayerData(LightMaleArmorQuiet) : LightMaleHumanArmor
    {
       footstepSplashHeight = -0.35;  //Put footprints underground
       //Footstep Sounds
       LFootSoftSound       = QuietSound;
       RFootSoftSound       = QuietSound;
       LFootHardSound       = QuietSound;
       RFootHardSound       = QuietSound;
       LFootMetalSound      = QuietSound;
       RFootMetalSound      = QuietSound;
       LFootSnowSound       = QuietSound;
       RFootSnowSound       = QuietSound;
       LFootShallowSound    = QuietSound;
       RFootShallowSound    = QuietSound;
       LFootWadingSound     = QuietSound;
       RFootWadingSound     = QuietSound;
       LFootUnderwaterSound = QuietSound;
       RFootUnderwaterSound = QuietSound;
       LFootBubblesSound    = QuietSound;
       RFootBubblesSound    = QuietSound;
    };

datablock AudioProfile(QuietSound)
    {
       filename    = "";
       description = AudioClose3d;
       preload = true;
    };

I dont if the AudioProfile will generate errors since there's no file to get but u could use this as a base. If it does, just pick a sound already in T2 thats is very quiet i guess?

For other armors (Bio and Fem too!) like Medium and Heavy just change "LightMaleHumanArmor" to the repectable class. Ex: Medium armor would be "MediumMaleHumanArmor"

All that does is generates a 'copy' of the datablock and anything you put inside the new datablock will be changed (or 'overwrite' it)

Hopefully this helps....
  • I would not recommend calling your special armor LightMaleArmorQuiet. This would require the creation of a new function because the Player::setArmor function automatically puts MaleHumanArmor at the end, or whatever gender/race combination you already use. I would recommend the naming scheme QuietLightMaleHumanArmor so you can simply use %player.setArmor("QuietLight").
  • I would not recommend calling your special armor LightMaleArmorQuiet. This would require the creation of a new function because the Player::setArmor function automatically puts MaleHumanArmor at the end, or whatever gender/race combination you already use. I would recommend the naming scheme QuietLightMaleHumanArmor so you can simply use %player.setArmor("QuietLight").

Did not know that... hmm... thanks Shifter