Spinfusor MA

I would be happy if some of you and the experts would give hints and tips how MA with the spinfusor. Guides also will be accepted.

Comments

• Get better with a high ping, then you'll find it easy to play with a low ping. 8)
  • 1. shoot spinfusor
    2. ????
    3. PROFIT!

seriously though it takes years (or months) of practice to MA effectively

when just starting out, try not to move around a lot; you want to only deal with vertical movement. this makes it easier to MA, and for others to MA you. try to see if you can get someone else to just jet straight up and see if you can hit them at varying levels of speed. i think that's how i started. move on to harder shots after you get the easier ones down.

then, try playing lakrabbit with just a spinfusor and only go for MAs. this won't teach you how to actually MA in the real game, but it'll make you feel that you made progress if you actually hit some MAs. the major problem here is that it'll only teach you how to hit targets that are specifically trying to enter the air to hit MAs on you.

finally, waste your time trying to do it on goon haven until you realize that using a chaingun is infinitely easier and give up. spinfusor MAs aren't really the most efficient use of your ammo or time, and unless someone is coming right at you (such as on the flag stand) you shouldn't try for them if you're playing CTF seriously.
  • use the chaingun instead
  • as there is only one pub, going for mas is definitly #MORE funny then chainwhoring ;)
  • Use chaingun. Fuck the babies who cry after you whore it. Whore it more. It's a weapon. Why else would they put it in the game? Scrubs.
  • blaster projectiles travel as fast as discs so if you play lak you can use a blaster to get a feeling for the projectile speed, once you have that you should be able to hit consistently.
  • I have been playing since the Tribes2 started.. with breaks here and there. This might just be in my head but sometimes I hit better/MA when I go in third person view and shoot.

Other then that it might just take a lot of playing.
  • I wonder why none of the "CG 4 NOBS TAKS NO SKILL" people ever post in threads like these to argue with us.
  • There's three things at work here. What you see on your screen, what the server says is happening, and what the other guy sees on his screen. Not all of them are exactly in agreement, but the server has final say no matter what. Then you add in the varying pings of the two players, their response time in brain processing what they see on their screen and then responding to it, and what actions they will take in the fight. What it boils down to is random chance, more or less, and prediction. The more you play, the better your prediction abilities should become, the better your prediciton abilities, the more mas you should see. Then you can work on gl mas.
  • CG takes skill its the noobs that use interpolate that have none.

What do you mean by interpolation? I know the actual mathematical meaning of it but what does that have to do with using the chaingun in game?
  • Spinfusor MAs, while they look cool, and are usually useful, are not really as effective as chaingun - as has been said before in this thread. That's in classic CTF, by the way. In Arena, although from an objective standpoint the same holds true, the structure and culture of arena is such that MAing people to death affords you much more respect than chaining them down all the time. If you want to learn to MA, do it on arena servers - both because the gameplay is more rewarding for MAs, and because Arena is built off of Base, which is much easier to MA in.

What do you mean by interpolation? I know the actual mathematical meaning of it but what does that have to do with using the chaingun in game?
    http://www.tribes2wiki.com/wiki/Interpolation
  • Get better with a high ping, then you'll find it easy to play with a low ping. 8)

Terrible advice. Playing better on a higher ping just means you'll continue to play better on a high ping. Having a high ping is no different than a low ping if that's what you're used to. It's difficult to go from having a high ping to low ping, you have to lead differently. If you want to MA well idealy you'll want to have a low ping, and be used to playing with a low ping.
  • Ping only affects your potential. A low pinger can always be better than a high pinger. But as AO said, it's all about what you are used to. If I snipe in GH for a while, then I will have to adjust for a while if I play in Branzone, even though I have about 5x better ping there.
  • Robert, you're saying you're limited to what you can do with higher ping. That's true to a degree, obviously a really good player that's well-adjusted to a low ping will perform better than a player who is well-adjusted to a higher ping. HOWEVER, there are some players who are well-adjusted to higher pings and are better than a lot of the players who have low ping. Piotrusek, for example, is a really great player and he always has 200 or higher ping.
  • random fire delay is a prob
    Terrible advice. .... It's difficult to go from having a high ping to low ping, you have to lead differently.

I'll agree with AnarchyAo. Even though the frame rates get better and reponse times decrease, going from Dial-up to DSL requiers adjusting your lead times with all weapons. I had played at 300-400 ping extensively on dial-up. Sniping was a joke. When I finally got DSL I had to relearn how and when to fire. I even had to change the way I ski and hit the flag stand 'cuz I'd over shoot my jump and landing spots. After a while my teammates would comment, "Dude, you better go back to dial-up!" Now I'm on satillite... Translated: I can't play online from home. >:(
  • I say you just need practice. After playing for about half a year (off and on), I'm starting to get some MAs that aren't actually flukes. Only one or two per match, but it's certainly noticeable! Do it close range at first, all the time, otherwise use a chaingun or wait for your opponent to touch the ground.