TWL and EURO map packs

The majority of the maps being played on Goons are terrible classic maps (some were half-decent even by base standards). Its about time you guys force these noobs to download the TWL, TWL2, and Euro Mappacks.

I propose aggressive promoting by admins and all players to ensure no noob gets left behind. Make it happen. Thanks.

P.S. They're all still available for download on www.teamwarfare.com

Comments

• No noob could EVER download a map pack. We should integrate them with the biggest voice pack ever or something,
  • We should integrate them with the biggest voice pack ever or something,

LMAO!! Now there's an idea =)
  • Well, if you take a look at the servers that do run map packs, you can't help but to notice that they are all ............ empty.
  • we need an in game package manager that can download packages.
    servers can make installation requests to the manager and it prompts the user.
    I don’t think this can be handled by T2 script (I could be incorrect) but we have a ruby dll.
    Is this idea possible?

P.S. can we get a link for the ruby dll API and a good tutorial pls
  • Goons 32 looks like its going to run TWL, and AFAIK is coming up this weekend.
  • MMP
    edited October 2009
    Well, if you take a look at the servers that do run map packs, you can't help but to notice that they are all ............ empty.

They are empty b/c new ppl are too stupid to dl the packs and no one informs them how to.... not b/c the packs suck or anything,. The majority of the maps played on goon are geared towards base gameplay. Even as the shrike whore that I am, I recognize that some of the best types of classic maps make it easy for u to get around w/o the vehicles (for the slow base noobs that means lots of hills so u can ski). The TWL and Euro packs are great and kept the game alive during its prime and to imply they should be ignored is just plain noobish.

If admins and players spammed info in-game on how to dl them, much of the player-base would still remain and we would collectively be freed of playin the same 5 or so f'in ass rape maps every day...
  • How would they spam them with links if they couldn't join up?

For now we have GH32 coming up, a decent number of people will download the map pack for that which includes TWL maps if I'm not mistaken. Then slowly we can get to using more clientside maps on other servers.
  • How would they spam them with links if they couldn't join up?

For now we have GH32 coming up, a decent number of people will download the map pack for that which includes TWL maps if I'm not mistaken. Then slowly we can get to using more clientside maps on other servers.

Before the switch to the new maps obviously. Also it could be added to the server load screen.

I look forward to that though. Hopefully they'll advertise that in-game as well as i rarely come on this site myself.