None

2»

Comments

• I usually try to fight to the finish, although it is very satisfying when you ski to north yemen, with your repair gun closing the holes in your armor, when you have a couple of enimies following you and then you suicide, leaving them wondering what to do.
  • Suiciding is basically best used as a way to guarantee that you will be back at your own base with full health in 4 seconds. It is an incredibly useful tactic. While doing it just to deny someone their 10 points is frowned upon by bad players who are obsessed with getting 10 points, it is a good way to get into the practice of suiciding when you need to. So, suicide all you want. People who complain about it are just stupid. And servers that put "don't ctrl-k from a fight" in their rules should absolutely not be played on under any circumstance.

What Kryand says is true, unless you're suiciding at 80% health because someone is cg'ing you (i.e. Koguma/Red Fraction). If you're suiciding at 80% health so the enemy doesn't get the kill, then you're now the fucking moron.
  • I saw allot of people suiciding

No, thats just Redfraction, loads and loads of times.
  • I saw allot of people suiciding beacause i was near them and they're low health ,i observed that 3 months ago so i used it too . Actualy i used it so often that i binded x with suicide but only when m verry verry low health or i know i have no escape .
    Some people get pissed really hard when you suicide and dont give them points but allot of people do it so i thought why not . Isn't a good strategy ?I don't want to give points to my adversary but it does anything else than just not giving points ? If i suicide they can take my loadout ?
    Do you use suicide ?

You seriously misunderstand the use of suicide in the game. Its not to rage someone...Its not to keep someone from getting a point. It started as a way to get back to base to start a new run when your current one was botched. Why spend 30 seconds trying to salvage a run that is going horribly wrong when you can respawn and be back there at full strength in the same amount of time? IMHO anyone who gets pissed about suicides is silly and deserves to be raged. Them suiciding is them conceding the run to you...do you really need an electronic point on some video game to prove it any more then that?
  • i use sucicide as a last resort fopr if sking away or fighting back dosent help me (i fight better in base then out and vehicles are also my best weapon to sue so if my vehicles destroyed your not gona see me running back to base il take the faster route
  • Suiciding is basically best used as a way to guarantee that you will be back at your own base with full health in 4 seconds. It is an incredibly useful tactic. While doing it just to deny someone their 10 points is frowned upon by bad players who are obsessed with getting 10 points, it is a good way to get into the practice of suiciding when you need to. So, suicide all you want. People who complain about it are just stupid. And servers that put "don't ctrl-k from a fight" in their rules should absolutely not be played on under any circumstance.

Quite fun. Recently the only real time I've suicided to deny a 10-pointer is against a player named Rampage. I was shot down and he chased me LITERALLY 3000 METERS AWAY FROM HIS BASE AND OUTSIDE THE BOUNDARY to try and kill me. The only reason I did stay alive was to draw him further away. It was depressing to see him chase me just for the ten points. Oh, and just to tell you how much he deserved it... His standard loadout is scout, shield pack, chaingun, spinfusor, and GRENADE LAUNCHER, which I've already discussed.

I've also used it for quick base going. In Circle of Stones, someone took the flag, I suicided, spawned in the circle, got sniper loadout, and picked him off.

Point made, wicked useful tactic.
  • I love to ski over to the enemy base on GH64, call a bunch of attention to myself, then ski several hundred meters OOB while 4 or 5 defenders chase me. I stop and wait for them and once they get there, I CTRL+K (sometimes I don't, but usually I do).

Right about that time, their flag gets stolen since they weren't there to protect it - base is usually raped too. That combined with them not getting their precious 10 points causes them to rage. The next run they try even harder to chase me (I travel a little farther out each time).
  • Spam mortars/nades/mines/animated taunts.
  • I don't use suicide for any other reasons other than to get back to base quickly. I dislike player that uses suicide while they are in the middle of a duel...But I'm not going to get all pissed off about it. If I see them again, I'll try to ignore them because they will repeat the same s#!t again...unless I have no choice but to confront them.

I don't kill another player for points (you get it regardless when you kill them or do other teamwork stuff), it's a matter of self satisfaction when you win a duel with another player that you're dueling with. Tribes 2 is about teamwork for sure, but the Tribes game in general is about SKILLs. It is one of the hardest game to be good at...and you don't learn it in a few days. When you're lock in a duel, you take it like a skilled player; whether you win or lose. Not everyone plays for points. Not me at least. But hey, do what you want to do...suicide all day if you want. After all, it's only a game. That's my 2 cents.
  • lol
    minus/negative rampage is funny like that, dueling the whole map and so on and so forth
  • lol
    minus/negative rampage is funny like that, dueling the whole map and so on and so forth

And I just got off a game where he did that for THREE MAPS. Does he use anything that doesn't have a shield pack? And I think he can only aim with a chaingun.
  • i hear hes actually the t2 ai code run as a remote client, wich explains his botlike cg powas
  • i hear hes actually the t2 ai code run as a remote client, wich explains his botlike cg powas

Eh... I doubt that. His strategies feel too advanced and I think he can hold a grudge.
  • no human will ever beat the ai cg code at aiming, and bots have a tough enemy list that you can get on, once on it they go for you, hence a synthetic grudge to hold
  • I always found Rampage to be pretty easy to kill. Every time he attacks me, it either ends with him dying or running away.
  • Suicide is annoying, but also very useful yes. Honestly, I forget to use it a lot of the time, so people will get their points for killing me. If I am making a HO run and I get pushed off course by a MA disc or what have you, and I mean horribly off course (as in I was aiming for the second floor entrance, and got MA'd and am nose-to-wall plus I took damage from how fast I was going) then I will often suicide if I see myself dying in the next 2 seconds.

Another great example, I get run over midair by a shrike, but by the grace of god I am still just barely alive. If I don't have missiles, I'll ctrl+k if its gonna take me awhile to get back to the map. If I do have missiles, I won't ctrl+k and instead I'll just burn my jets while trying to fire as many missiles as I can. Gravity does its job and brings me back to spawn.

Otherwise, in a shitty situation where I missed my second floor entrance and ended up plastered to a first floor wall, if I have health, screw it I'm gonna try some mortar trick shots and see if anyone gets caught on rebound, myself be damned (and usually killed in the explosion but hey, woulda suicided eventually anyway).

Anyone who has done a dozen or so games with me on the screen, knows I'm pretty good at blowing myself up with a mortar (on purpose or accident). I just hope to catch somebody else with it too - and it works fairly often. I was pretty good at it on T:V and got accused of having a hack that 'lets me fire backwards'. Noobs didn't realize I had fired a mortar at the top of the wall next to me, they come zooming in at my ass and the mortar rebounds and lands right next to them. Noob as zeus I'm talking about you if you read this.

The only other time I really like to suicide, is on a choice few maps where I get a lot of speed and a lot of air and a nice collection of base assets to fire mortars at all the while. I will generally dump all my mortars and sometimes my grenades and then suicide to quicky get back in the action and back on my mortar spammage HO train.
  • If you don't like it - learn to modify the rules in the game to give a 15 second time out for those that obs-bounce and suicide. Don't moan about it. I believe if you can do something in a game it's legal. If you don't like something don't bitch about it - do something to restrict that behavior - besides banning and kicking. That's what ban nazis are.
  • Rampage's main LO strat is to become an annoyance and get you to engage him while he lurks around your team's flag stand. He seeks to distract your team's flag D. He usually won't approach the flag stand, but stand off randomly spamming. Annoying, but not usually deadly.

It DOES become an issue when you "take the bait" and engage him. For all of his whiny childishness, he is a better-than-average dueler who is comfortable in fighting outdoors (as noted, with a shield pack and cg), using terrain and good timing with his shield-to-energy ratio.

But even if you do take him down, he considers that he was "successful" when he distracted your team's flag D away from defending your flag. Your team has already given up caps when defenses are undisciplined and/or do not know better to merely ignore him.

IF you cannot resist engaging him, I suggest that you:

*Use conc granades to blow his pack off
    *Use SSminenade script on him (makes him rage, and when that happens he is VERY beatable).
    *Ram him with a vehicle (since he likes to stand out in the open)
    *He always has a remote inv a few hundred meters behind him (ever wonder why he is often near full health?), and usually OOBs. Find them and destroy them on the spot.

Hope that helps.

--Vain