Fullscreen HUD graphics

Does someone know is there a nice way to get a image like recitcles to be overlayed all over the HUD so it would stay under all HUD elements, than just editing every weapon reticle HUD's?

The weapon reticle has the problem it does not get streched when using different resolutions.

I am trying to find a way to make a unique fullscreen overlay for every armor class (Scout, Assault, Jugger) so you could easily reconigze fast way what armor you are having.

And I dont believe but need to ask if it it would be possible to have own HUD graphic for every tribe as well?

Edit: Added a mockup for better explanation. It resembles the Juggernaut armor with a helmet HUD graphics.
  • juggernaut.jpg

Comments

• I have be thinking what is the default reticle.

on the hud.cs it says in the configs:
          default:
             reticleHud.setBitmap(%ret);
             reticleFrameHud.setVisible(%vis);
       }
    }

And there are at least settings to stretch the HUD to fullscreen (someway sounds so). And because there are configs to dashboard size by the resolution, it should not be impossible to have a such fullscreen (helmet) HUD correctly positioned by different resolutions.

[code]
    function dashboardHud::onResize(%this, %width, %height)
    {
    %currentWidth = getWord(dashboardHud.getPosition(), 0);
    %currentHeight = getWord(dashboardHud.getPosition(), 1);

%screenWidth = getWord(getResolution(), 0);
    %screenHeight = getWord(getResolution(), 1);

switch$ ($HudMode)
    {
    case "Pilot":
    if(%screenHeight
  • Wouldn't it be easier to just toggle between 1st and 3rd person to see what armor you have?
  • Wouldn't it be easier to just toggle between 1st and 3rd person to see what armor you have?

Idea is not to allow player to see what armor is wearing, but to limit the visual so the armor effects to gameplay as well. Every armor has so on different visual capabilities and they have own weakness as well when compared to other better features on other amors. The thirdperson view is already disabled for various gameplay reasons.
  • While this is possible as a client side script, there is no way to enforce the presence of the script on the server side. Given that the goal is to reduce player visibility, nobody will willingly install it.
  • Given that the goal is to reduce player visibility, nobody will willingly install it.
    That´s true, if this hud reduces player visibility/FOV this is useless :/
  • edited December 2009
    So it is possible to get such working for mod what is client-side (needs to be downloaded), but there is no way to do a CRC check for the script and hen simple MD4/MD5 check for the HUD graphics itself to be sure that player has not modified the graphics?

This is just a secondary way for me on trying to get a player reactions someway suppressed on different armos. Like if there is no way to do a player itself same as on the vehicles and turrets by limiting their turning speed, I would need to get something this kind done what would then limit the player visual itself. I would of course like to get both but...
  • Sure, you could do a CRC check on the files, but there is no way to verify that the client hasn't doctored the files to produce the same CRC on a nearly fully transparent image, doctored your scripts to report whatever value your server expects, counteracts the addition of the image to the HUD through other mechanisms, or breaks it in some other way.

There are dozens of ways to break that sort of system, so, I don't think you should bother.