Anyone interested in stats?

I used to run gamestatistics.com - a live feed of statistics for tribes 2. Who shot who with what, advanced reporting features. I wrote it in Java and I'm wondering if anyone wants something like that again on their servers. I can make it a log reading application a person can run locally, or I can run it as a service. Ideas?

I've got a dedicated server now, running on an OC3. --Art of War v2 mod.

In game my name is mandoleth.

Comments

• I used to run gamestatistics.com - a live feed of statistics for tribes 2. Who shot who with what, advanced reporting features. I wrote it in Java and I'm wondering if anyone wants something like that again on their servers. I can make it a log reading application a person can run locally, or I can run it as a service. Ideas?

I've got a dedicated server now, running on an OC3. --Art of War v2 mod.

In game my name is mandoleth.

I like stats, but if it's a seperate program that hooks into T2, you might set off TN's anti-cheat system.

A T2 script can be hacked, unless you give it out as a DSO. But someone with a decompiler (Thyth) can still tinker with it.
  • You and I should talk about this some time.

Do you ever get on IRC?
    I idle in #lastgasp @ irc.tribalwar.com
    and #goonhaven #tribes (ad nausem) @ irc.arloria.net
    (among other places)
  • Why not make it server-side, that way you're only putting the trust in the server administrators, most of whom are reputable and I would imagine uninterested in cheating/inflating stats.
  • Why not make it server-side, that way you're only putting the trust in the server administrators, most of whom are reputable and I would imagine uninterested in cheating/inflating stats.

!!!! na85?!?! It's a ghost!
  • mandoleth, did you dide?