Tribes 2 Veterans

Comments

• I was on 56K back in 99 for tribes1 at first.. but in early 2000, I got DSL.. what a difference... ;D
  • edited January 2009
    ;D ;D Hi from a fellow (MA) member :o:o
    I've played tribes since
    Starseige
    Tribes 2
    Tribes Vengeance
    Instant action Legions

http://www.instantaction.com/

http://matureasskickers.net/
  • I had been playing this since the original Starseige, me and a friend played Tribes 1 vigurously and then Tribes 2, Ill never forget our matches of Kabotic over our 56k dailup systems...and my beloved Voodoo3. Man, so many sleepless nights.

I dont consider myself a Vet, Im not sure I ever got THAT good, but I love this game and my jaw dropped when I found this place.

Gonna go test it out now!!! Been dying for a good game to play lately...
  • I find it oddly heartwarming to see people I vaugly rememeber from my old tribes days (Kry, Wildcard, and Methicle).

Back in 01-03, I was Gyrox10. In retrospect I think I spent as much time on the fourms (before they were axed of course) and in the chat as I did playing... which means a scary amount of all three. I doubt I'll reach that level of obsession again but it's good to know people I recognize (at least name-wise) are still around.

Prost!
  • I got T2 as a Christmas gift in 2001 and it has ruined me for any other game since.

Good to see so many familiar names, last night was the most fun I've had gaming in a long time. I need some more of the old shrike pilots to come back and give me a run for my money.
  • Oh, i forgot to mention that i played under the name wallrus and then later on as tortus - i've since moved on to correct spellings of words, so i now go by treat. If you see me around, you'll know i'm an easy kill.
  • A lot of familiar names ITT. Kryand, Methicle, Wildcard, Rufus. I really can't play like i used to on my 56k. Then again, i guess i never learned to play T2 without it, if that's any indication of how long i've been around. Almost as nostalgic as legos.
    Wow, this I did not see coming. wallrus, back in action!
  • wow! I used to play T2 for a few years and loved it. It still ranks as my best game ever. Had a moment of nostalgia last night and decided to see if it was still going! it's free and people are still playing.. woohoo!! Installed. logged in and felt right at home. Loved the shrike, especially on a flag run when you get your timing right by jumping out, grabbing the flag and back in again while the shrike is still on the move.
  • played as deus- back in 2001ish, was on a bunch of TWL teams, 311, SAS, NOVA. God im glad this game is back ;D
  • Used to be Leonard Church. STAR clan. :)

If anyone wants to make up star anew, let me know. I'm all about rejoining the old crew. :)
  • I used to play T2 back when it was released, I can't for the life of me remember what name I used as I have a long-list of names which I've used in the past but for those who were involved in the community, I was a friend of GPS/Jacko and we were both in OAP if I remember rightly.
  • Well, I played TRIBES from senior year HIGH SCHOOl until tribes 2 came out. So, that ends up being like, oh, 3 years maybe. When Tribes 2 hit shelves, it blew my mind because my uber computer couldn't handle it....DAMN VOODOO BANSHEE video card!!!! Once I finally upgrade to my AMAZING Geforce 3 card, I got to rock this game out like I'd been dreaminga bout.

The mod I most played was the SHIFTER mod, which was one for Tribes...and there was a version released for T2, but I didn't feel that it was as good....still, i'm way excited about hopping back into some T2 action!!!
  • Played since April 2001. Was birdwizard now promethium. Not great but versatile.
  • I've play and own copies of all of the Metaltech series except for Battledrome and probably one of the Cyberstorms. The Starsiege Compendium is one of my favorite books, I keep it with me when I travel.

I was around the StarsiegeUniverse.com forums. I was a tournament player in Starsiege: Tribes and played on Shifter mod when not competing, played Tribes 2 too much for too long after finally relenting and making the change from the first Tribes, and discovered and spread some of the first cheats in Tribes: Vengeance to help force them to patch the damn thing quicker (but sadly it still wasn't quick enough).

I've been around, but I don't take the game seriously. Whatever strikes my fancy at the time is what I'll do and enjoy best and my mod particulars aren't too particular at all.
  • Now this brings back memories. Been round since T1 DonJean and Caboose are my handles. I have to say I still prefer the classic servers most

All I have to say is great job guys. Cant tell you how glad I am to find full servers again.
  • Played T1 demo when I was in sixth grade, then eventually got the full game same year. As soon as I could afford T2 I got it, which was probably that summer. My computer could barely handle it and I would get a steady 10FPS but I would still kick ass. My name was `Phoenix and I played on wookies of war (wow!) which was a siege tribe (#1 rung) and would love to see comp in any form + siege pubs (the pond!!) again.

Oh i forgot to mention I play as disembodied head now since TN does not allow ` in names.
  • Oh i forgot to mention I play as disembodied head now since TN does not allow ` in names.

Heh, At least you didn't have someone steal your t2 name.

I go as Crackerjacker now.
  • I had multiple nicks while playing T2, I came and went to other games but always came back to my addiction - T2. The only time I left for a long time was when Planetside came out. I still enjoy PS but last night playing T2 for the first time in a very long time I gotta say it rocked. The speed, the skiing, my beloved fusion mortar....it all came flooding back and how I have missed it.

I normally played under the names Madwand, Agabash, and Graeme. I have to admit I have always been an infantry centric player so vehicles never were my thing unless it was lighting you up in my reticle

Tremendous thanks go out to Tribesnext, I am dragging everyone I can find back into my addiction and thanks go to the people who made it possible. BTW, my wife will learn to hate you soon enough ;D
  • Been playing since '02. Grew up playing seige on The Pond with lil fishie and the gang. Guys like Fat Cow, Kamakaze Samurai, Vardis, Shadow of Hope, Celios and waaaaay too many others to think of. Great times.
  • I bought the game in july 01. Been playing as much as possible since then, in 02 Tex invited me to join Houston Vehicles Elite, where I have been ever since. in 03 (or 04?) a friend named Mister13 and I started the Psychotic Assclowns tribe but I had no clue how to run a tribe so he pretty much did all the work for me heh. I love to tailgun for a good crew who knows what they are doing.

Met alot of kickass people through this game, I dont think anything will even come close to this game for many years to come.
  • good to see you guys. My previous tribes include Seven Deadly Sins, Dark Demons, Sword of Damocles and some others you've probably never heard of.
  • I played T1 and T2 and played under the name Mugzy and MrPhelps mosty. Im so happy to see T2 come back. BEST GAME EVER ;D
  • Damn I've played since what.. 2000, 2001? Anyways, I've had a shit ton of player names but my most known ones were probably Sesshomaruu, Spl2iGGaN, Ph33rless. I was in -[SPAM]- way back in the days (Ah good times), did some arena with the Wears, and spent alot of time on Dedicated Kata servers like DDB Kata, Wolves Kata, Rebels Kata, that sorta thing.

Anyways, I'm really excited about this new development, and can't wait to get home and give it a whirl!!! See you all in game hopefully! (BTW IGN will prolly be SPRIGGAN) PEACE
  • Hi, I've been playing since T1.

Same here, We can only hope we get someone like Websnake to return. get his 'Project Viral' mod done. That mod was fun.
  • OH hey whats up Disembodied head? I play with you in Arena sometimes :p
    Like all of these people I've never even heard of..I mean I haven't played to long..but 5 yrs ago I was in the demo..I guess most of these guys didn't play the demo.
  • Hmm. I seem to have stumbled upon something of tribal origin....
  • Hey everyone

I've been playing T2 since late 2001 and immediately found Shiftermod and joined Black-Chapter. We dad a great run almost 5 years and one hundred league games before the activity all but disappeared. I used to hop into random classic pubs, but was mostly into T:V unit 2007. Some of my clanmates just told me that Tribes 2 has reappeared so I thought I'd check it out and here we are. I've always played as Dredboss and some of you might recognize me but I haven't played a lot of classic or base until very recently, but seeing as how it seems to be the bread and butter you might see me more often.

P.S. If anyone would be interested in having a Shiftermod server up let me know, I still have the old box ready to go :)
  • i dont consider myself a vet but i have been playing tribes 2 since early '03. played base and classic for a while then started playing md2 competitively when it was still popular. (Commander Aff Ro
  • Damn I've played since what.. 2000, 2001? Anyways, I've had a shit ton of player names but my most known ones were probably Sesshomaruu, Spl2iGGaN, Ph33rless. I was in -[SPAM]- way back in the days (Ah good times), did some arena with the Wears, and spent alot of time on Dedicated Kata servers like DDB Kata, Wolves Kata, Rebels Kata, that sorta thing.

Anyways, I'm really excited about this new development, and can't wait to get home and give it a whirl!!! See you all in game hopefully! (BTW IGN will prolly be SPRIGGAN) PEACE

Spriggan dude! Remember Magus from SPAM?

Sup Spriggan. I think I just had a bombing run with you a little while ago