**READ THIS** Tribes2 Classic Pub Revival

edited January 2010 in General Discussion
It's time to bring back a quality classic pub for everyone to enjoy. However to do so we need the community to contribute. Beginning [url=http://Thursday, January 7th @ 9:00PM EST]Thursday, January 7th @ 9:00PM EST[/url] we need anyone who is available to join the Branzone.com - Central server everyday for the next two weeks. No one likes playing alone, if we do this consistantly for two weeks we should be able to keep a steady flow going.

Here are the details for the server:

Name: Branzone.com - Central
IP: 67.222.138.12:28000
Size: 28 available slots

• Base rape disabled until 7v7 players.
• Random teams
• Random mapcycle
• Online statistics (will be implemented soon)

There are 18 serverside maps in the mapcycle, they will be played randomly with a vote at the start of each map to skip the current map. The mapcycle will be tweaked throughout the week so if there is a map that doesn't play well let me know in IRC. If you get kicked or banned from the server don't come crying to me, frankly I don't have time for that and I most likely won't answer you. Don't do stupid crap and you have nothing to worry about. I will also be implementing accumulative online stats for the server so you can track virtually every stat available.

The goal for now is to get the server going for a few hours every night for the next two weeks. I'd also like to encourage everyone to introduce other online gamers to Tribes2 so we can try to get some fresh names involved.

Any questions, comments or concerns hit me up in IRC. (irc.tribalwar.com #branzone)

Comments

• is this your server? and i dont know about everyday, most people are busy to play every single day, ( at least i am)
  • Finally. Maybe the l33ts will be separate from the average players now.
  • Was fun games today.
  • Was fun games today.
    indeed, very good games :D
  • is this your server? and i dont know about everyday, most people are busy to play every single day, ( at least i am)

It's a community server, I am hosting it. You don't personally have to join everyday but we are going to try to get this server full everyday to try to keep it going. Lots of people want an alternative to goon haven (68 players) but they don't want to play alone so if we can get this server populated with consistant amounts of players it should be good.

PS. I have disabled tanks and mortar turrets on all maps. :)

It's a community server, I am hosting it. You don't personally have to join everyday but we are going to try to get this server full everyday to try to keep it going. Lots of people want an alternative to goon haven (68 players) but they don't want to play alone so if we can get this server populated with consistant amounts of players it should be good.

That leaves The Greatest Tankdriver out of the server!

• PS. I have disabled tanks and mortar turrets on all maps. :)

holy.......

K im sold

That leaves The Greatest Tankdriver out of the server!

Lolz. Don't we all just love the "self proclaimed" best ats? They certainly amuse me.
  • Good to have you back in the game. Glad that more Tribes servers are coming back to life! Good luck with everything.
  • Nice server.. ;D
  • yup, was really cooking today. we had like 30+ players in there for like 5 to 6 map rotations. ima keep playing there for sure, beats goons by a long shot
  • Nice pub tonight, I played for way to long. Pub stayed full for quite some time. I'll be removing some of the boring maps tomorrow and fixing the random map to be a fixed rotation instead. Anytime the map is changed it seems it would restart the cycle from the beginning and play the same maps again.
  • This is not meant to be any kind of a Buzz kill please dont look at it in that manner!

Bran i too have been playing on your server, I like what i see the tanks and what nots drown the game in goons but thats part of their fun so be it. However i was thinking maybe you 2 should get together for a note comparison, and really get the server top notch. From what ive ever seen from mister Beaz is that hes a straight forward cool doOd. I was thinking that you may get the trash that the goon boys have tried to block such as the big thing (cheaters). Maybe if they could share log's on suspected cheaters to give you a heads up it will help. I just have a feeling the ones that have been banned from goons due to lack of sportmanship will flow into your server as a new place for their shananagins. This was just a thought because i too love the fact that there is another server to play on. I'd hope this intrest you it was just a thought. I do know some people just dont get the hint once they have been banned from one place. Thnx for reading sorry to take up your time.
  • I've made the following adjustments:

• Player map voting is enabled now.
    • Rotation is no longer 'random'.
    • Trimmed the maps to 19 instead of 23.
  • So we can play with 64 players....or we can play with 28, plus no tanks....
  • BRAN IS THE NEW GOONS :)
  • Hey, Last Gasp is back.
  • bombers are worse than tanks

they just dont ue ya as much
  • Hey, Last Gasp is back.
    There are big differences between Last Gasp and Branzone Central. The way bran runs a server is very different from how Darkstrand, Fling, and I run a server. Well, maybe not "very", but it's different enough.