Starting up a new server.... Need a few suggestions.

2»

Comments

• i feel like throwing up if i play in goons for too long..
    You don't like Goon Haven.
    someimes the mortar spam at goons makes me buick too
    HINT HINT
  • I'm stupid.
    Enjoy your 5-day break for doing what I just warned someone else to stop doing.
  • Thanks for the script shifter.
    Do you ever stop whining? We all get it. You don't like Goon Haven. Stay on topic or I will help you stop posting for a while.

oh boy did i spark a fuse? sorry man dont take it personal ffs
    Do you ever stop whining? We all get it. You don't like Goon Haven. Stay on topic or I will help you stop posting for a while.

oh boy did i spark a fuse? sorry man dont take it personal ffs

Why shouldn't he? Beaz has taken time and money out of his own life to provide Goon Haven to you. We the volunteer, unpaid (and often unthanked by the players) admins take time out of our lives to keep it running smoothly.

What do you do?
  • to the people, by the people, for the people :)

and please... i hardly meant anything by it, i like playing in goons from time to time. so just don't take it so personal :/
  • That's basically the point, T|P. We have always been active in the Tribes2 community (what is left of it), shared information on running the server and any custom code, mirrored important files from sites that pop in and out of existence, and tried our best to run a community driven pub. We do take it personally when someone talks about us like we're a bunch of assholes that run a garbage server. As lame as it sounds, I like being friends with everyone. This is one of my favorite game series of all time and all I want to do is support it and other future server ops like Juicypen.

Let's please let this be the final derail in this thread.
  • There they go again picking on somebodys server cause they think they know it all whewwwwwwww. Have a little respect, Juicypen choose what ever you like and remember Tribes gives you plenty of options for change and GOOD LUCK.
  • edited February 2010
    Well so far, the logs from since i set the servers up show classic dm is more popular. I'll leave em both up for a few weeks to see what happens.

One day, i will run a 128 player ctf server. ;D
  • Ive been wanting to run a game server for quite a while and trying to get something going on a home connection just isnt going to to work. So i ordered myself a server and enough unmetered bandwidth to support about 42 players max.

I noticed a few threads on here stating the fact that newbies try to join, go on goon haven to get murdered and possibly never play again.

So i was thinking maybe i could run a deathmatch server with 32 players, two different DM servers with 16 each. Maybe some arena. And aim the gameplay to help new players stick with tribes2 for a little longer then one or two days.

So i'd like to here what you all think. It would be great to get a server up and keep it busy and fun.
    I did sorta the same, but I got Virtual Box, installed XP on my 7 machine (in Virual Box), and dedicated 1 Processor and 0.98 GB Ram to this server. 50 GB HDD. Both processors are 1.20 GHz. (You should not have any lag. :) )
  • edited February 2010
    Yea, so far performance is good. Tribes is really light on resources. Which server do you run?
  • Yea, so far performance is good. Tribes is really light on resources.
    Eh, sort of. If there's a lot of action and 45+ players... you better have a CPU to handle it. You'll get some spikes.
  • Its one core, 2400 mhz. How much ram does tribes 2 take up when your server is full?
  • Let me get back to you after this weekend. I'll watch for the server to peak and check out the memory usage.