Can't hear my player voice, help please

edited April 2010 in Support
Strange, I can hear everyone/everything else, but I cannot hear my player voice. I've checked all the sound settings and replaced the voice.vl2 but remain silent. I'd be most grateful for ideas and suggestions as to what I've done and/or what to try as solutions.
Btw, I can hear my voice in Warrior Setup but not in-game.

Comments

• Hi
    What scripts are you running?
  • Yah...my thoughts too, I had added the Big Skin file (forgot the exact name), so I removed it, I'm still silent. I'm using the flux voice/chat (removed it and I'm still silent) and a few others that I've used since the beginning so I don't think that is the source of my problem however, if no one has a better solution I'll go "digging" and remove them and see if that heals me. Thanks for the reply Blakhart.
  • Are you removing the dso files too?
  • Also, double check your voice bindings to see if they're pointing to the wave files correctly. And when you do a voice chat look at the console for any error messages not finding the wave file.
  • edited April 2010
    Yes, am removing the .dso files.

Good thought Heat Killer, and you're right...when I checked the console it said:
    'Failed to find wave file: 'voice/Derm10/gbl.hi.wav'
    I broke out the old T2 CD and copied over the voice.vl2 file to the Base folder, and took at peak at it. There is no Derm10, only 1, 2, and 3. I am thinking perhaps a voice script (I have used only the flux voice/chat script) changed something. Now, I'm lost, and hopeful that someone has a solution now that we have a clue about the problem. Click on the attached screen shot and you can see it more clearly.
    Alas! I'm still silent. :(
    • T2voice#.jpg
  • Thanks for the tips guys, they lead me to the solution. I poked around in the Base folder and finally found this reference to Derm10 in C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\base\prefs\ClientPrefs.cs: $pref::Player::Voice = "Derm10";
    I changed it to "Derm1", deleted the .dso's and I have my voice back.
    I suspicion that Flux Chat and Flux voice somehow changed the preference to 10, but not sure. If anyone has an understanding of this I'd appreciate an explanation. Thanks again for your assistance. :)
  • and now we all know!

yay!
  • Thanks for the tips guys, they lead me to the solution. I poked around in the Base folder and finally found this reference to Derm10 in C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\base\prefs\ClientPrefs.cs: $pref::Player::Voice = "Derm10";
    I changed it to "Derm1", deleted the .dso's and I have my voice back.
    I suspicion that Flux Chat and Flux voice somehow changed the preference to 10, but not sure. If anyone has an understanding of this I'd appreciate an explanation. Thanks again for your assistance. :)

For an explanation, we go straight to the way files work. If your custom scripts reference a file object update of the $pref::Player::Voice, simply deleting the script will not "undo" the changes.
  • Thanks Phantom.