Map Development

2»

Comments

• Wow, Keith you just completely repeated my suggestion entirely.

In any case, he mentioned that he was afraid people would be confused by the concept. Don't see how but that's just his position on it, so he's going for your typical setup.

In any case, he mentioned that he was afraid people would be confused by the concept. Don't see how but that's just his position on it, so he's going for your typical setup.

Well... I've seen it happen before. People would get confused about the objective, but something like putting the other team's flag in your base would be rather interesting for gameplay. Just because certain ideas aren't in the map I'm currently making doesnt mean they're not going to be in others. And I have taken all ideas into consideration. :)

Well... I've seen it happen before. People would get confused about the objective, but something like putting the other team's flag in your base would be rather interesting for gameplay. Just because certain ideas aren't in the map I'm currently making doesnt mean they're not going to be in others. And I have taken all ideas into consideration. :)

There's already a map similar to that if I am remembering it right. It is called Short Circuit.
  • http://www.tribes2maps.com/map_detail.php?id=2005

Yep, played the map before. Pretty interesting concept.
  • Lame idea, or maybe a sweet one. Bases over a huge field of lava, have skinny force fields connecting tiny islands in between both bases. Don't have really long ones that connect the bases together. Have a switch that controls which team owns the force fields which would then make the FF that most people were walking on disappear making them fall into the lava and ones running parallel to those start up. Oh and have the bases 500-700 meters apart, and foggy as hell, making it so there's less snipers you have to stop on at least one island/ff, unless your a leet disc jumper on classic. You could also spread the main bases apart and use floating bases tilted in the lava as islands. Could contain the switch in one of those as well.

Call it Lost Tribes.

Another idea for a map/gametype. Have you ever played day of defeat? Your team has to advance by touching flags (which could be switches) and once they claim all of them that team wins, Usually 5. Would be cool to see this in tribes 2, or the mode where you blow up or defend tanks/aa guns.
  • Bump.

I apologize for anyone waiting for my map to be finished, I've been having some personal shit going on and it's been hard polishing up some things. But I have made progress on the map, I'll post up some screenshots of it in a later post. If anyone has any more suggestions, let me know.
  • You should think of some twists on the normal CTF style.
    I remember playing a map a while back (Tribes2 CTF) but instead of each teams flag in their base, your teams flag was in the other teams base.
    So in your base is the other teams flag, there is a force field around it that only the other team can get in. and your team can get into the force field at the other teams base.
    So you couldn't get to their flag, unless you destroy their generator, then you can grab it and take it through the shield guarding your flag inside the enemy base (you can go through this shield).

I like it because it's sort of reversed, instead of bringing their flag back home you gotta take it into their base.
    This might also be fun if there were no force fields, but then I think you should make a smaller map without vehicles or anything so that the game would be centered on flag chasing because you can be sure that if there were no shields there would be constant non-stop flag movement.
    plus in this scenario if there were shrikes it might be too easy to cap. Or you could allow vehicles and put the flags in doors.

The map you're describing is called Shortcircuit