No Servers Found

So I remember installing the TribesNext patch a while ago (bought the game originally so got to save on downloading) and I think I played on some of the servers...

But now when I tried I don't see any up. Does anyone know if servers get hosted nowadays? Are they up but invisible and you need to know the specs or passwords to connect to them?

I'm not really sure how this works, like if TN actually hosts servers. Are there any dedicated servers that remain up most of the time to hang out in? I don't really care if they're big or small to tell the truth.

Does anyone know roughly how much bandwidth it runs (based on character max) per month to have one up?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Does anyone know if servers get hosted nowadays?
    Yes servers are registered with the tn master server.

Are they up but invisible and you need to know the specs or passwords to connect to them?
    No all should be seen that are public servers, are you sure you have the tn patch? Have you checked out the tn faq?

I'm not really sure how this works, like if TN actually hosts servers.
    Tn does not host servers, it hosts a master server for the game servers others host.

Are there any dedicated servers that remain up most of the time to hang out in?
    There are at least 40 dedicated game servers up at any one time, "Goon Haven" being populated almost 24/7.

Does anyone know roughly how much bandwidth it runs (based on character max) per month to have one up?
    There are packet size and rate settings in the serverprefs.cs file in each server. They range from around 256 to 400 (data payload bytes) for packet size, and from 10 to 30 packets per second. One adjusts these according to the available bandwidth. T2 servers can play just fine at 10 packets per second and a payload size of 256, but more players warrant more packets and bigger packets at that. Also, "faster" mods such as ultra will "play better" at a rate of 30 and whatever size is appropriate. I suppose that most everyone who has the bandwidth maxes out the size and rate, but some unscruplous hosting companies limit rate and size.
  • Yes, there are plenty of servers. Please see this FAQ.