How much longer till ALT master server is up?

i was wondering when i the master server up??

Comments

• It'll be up when it decides to come up.
  • lol, i guess there working on it and thers allot to do but keep fingers crossed because i cant wait till we get arena variant srvers, ctf is for noobs.
  • Yea it will be up when they finish working on it.

What's up loth?
  • this is me lil_c00t but i forgot my passward so my new name is c00t. ;D
  • Their isn't a rush on the server, you can still play via construction lan master.
  • It shouldn't be too long until it's up again, it's probably near completion.
  • Lol, you're so positive, Ultra.
  • Lol, you're so positive, Ultra.

:]
  • hi

take your time, but do it
  • WHEN IT'S DONE, and hopefully before CHRISTMAS 09. If we're lucky THURSDAY.
  • edited November 2008
    Well, I'm pretty sure it will be done by sometime this week, it's a small price to pay considering that that the game wasn't suppost be played online ever again, but, luckily for us, the community is able to do something about this, we have Krash and Electricutioner to thank for that.

|| ||
    |||||| ||||||
    |||||| ||||||
    |||||| ||||||
    |||||| ||||||
    || ||||||| ||||||| ||
    ||||||||||| |||||||||||
    ||||| |||||
    ||||| |||||
    ||||| |||||
    ||||| |||||
    ||||||||||||
    ||||||||||||
  • Those servers must be up soon.
  • edited November 2008
    Well, it's friday late afternoon, I'm sure Krash and Electricutioner must be busy, hopefully they're near completion, if not, Perhaps by the end of next week. Anyway, good luck.
  • In a state of shock and horror I fired up my good old favorite from the past, Tribes. ;D I then saw :o the unable to fetch the authitification server scrren of death. :o I just want to say thank you to all the efforts being made to allow the community the chance to play again. ;)Sincerly, Thank you :D
  • The server is taking FOREVER to come up.
  • Well, it's thursday, Krash and Electricutioner appear to be hard at work, to me it would seem that we could realisticly expect this update to be released about mid-December if not later.

Hopefully it's sooner than I expect, I look forward to playing again. :]
  • I don't know where you're getting the impression that we appear to be hard at work. I'm kicking back with a martini and looking forward to a relaxing Thanksgiving.

If you're interested in up-to-the-minute status reports, join us in the IRC channel #[email protected] -- I'm in there most of the time. If I'm doing something, I usually send a message or two into the channel explaining what I'm starting/finishing/having trouble with/etc..

Otherwise, I post status updates on The-Construct.net forum, for the slightly less technically inclined crowd.

I'm extremely busy for the next 3 weeks, so don't count on a release within that time period.

And to those of you complaining about how it is taking "forever" to get this system online, consider the alternative: no new master server system.
  • I don't know where you're getting the impression that we appear to be hard at work. I'm kicking back with a martini and looking forward to a relaxing Thanksgiving.

If you're interested in up-to-the-minute status reports, join us in the IRC channel #[email protected] -- I'm in there most of the time. If I'm doing something, I usually send a message or two into the channel explaining what I'm starting/finishing/having trouble with/etc..

Otherwise, I post status updates on The-Construct.net forum, for the slightly less technically inclined crowd.

I'm extremely busy for the next 3 weeks, so don't count on a release within that time period.

And to those of you complaining about how it is taking "forever" to get this system online, consider the alternative: no new master server system.

Looks like a number, atleast we know when not to expect it. :]

I'm good with however long this may take, I'm a very patient person. I just like to know when I can expect completion. Knowing it won't be completed in 3 weeks is good enough for me.
    I don't know where you're getting the impression that we appear to be hard at work. I'm kicking back with a martini and looking forward to a relaxing Thanksgiving.

Just an assumption, And Happy Thanksgiving Elec, Enjoy you're weekend. :]

Perhaps it will be comepleted in a month or two.

Current release date: Next year.
  • Current release date: Next year.
    And what enlightened source of information told you that?

There is no solid release date. It will be done when it is done.
  • edited November 2008
    Current release date: Next year.

There is no solid release date. It will be done when it is done.

Yes, I understand and am aware of this... But, realisticly, if this patch update will ever be completed, It will probably be completed sometime next year. You stated you'd be busy for the next three weeks, so it probably won't be completed by the end of 2008, so to me it would seem it's safe to assume it may be completed sometime next year if at all. Next year isn't much of a release date.

My enlightened common sense I guess, I just figured because of past delays and the fact that you're a busy person with a very limited schedule that it would probably be completed next year sometime. "Next year" isn't very a specific release date. I guess I could of said "2008-Infinity or Never"-too.

Don't you think it will probably be completed sometime next year? Or perhaps sooner, later, or not at all?

Besides, release dates often delay as expected, the point of a release date is to give an idea of when the publisher believes the product will be completed for the consumer. Release dates don't always have to be completely accurate and are often adjusted and changed. No release dates are ever for certain.

Here, I'll rewrite and spell out what I meant for you when I typed that. Current release date: "There is no solid release date. It will be done when it is done." -Of course, nothing is ever solid for for certain in life. There is no such thing as a solid release date. And things usually are done, when they are done.

Anyway, don't worry, I'm a very patient person, I don't mind however long it takes.

And seriously, Enjoy your weekend Elec. :]
  • You forgot to underline "seriously".