Wep Skins

Ive looked all over for some decent looking wep skins, try ed all the links post on this site and googled my eyes out. I'm looking for a decent sniper skin mainly, all though I would not mind upgraded my other weps also. Any links would be greatly appreciated thanks.

P.s. where the heck do you put a Player IFF, I cant figure this one out as well.

Comments

• http://spinfusor.ch/tribes2/skins/Weapons/
    Good sets of weapon skins

To put IFF, place the image on Dynamix/Tribes2/Gamedata/base/textures (its a folder)/gui(another folder on the textures folder)

Hope it helps
  • http://www.tribaloutpost.com/tribes2/styles/category/weapon-skins

Hoo-ahh, Boo-yah.

http://rcfreas.com/tribes2/skins/DiscoSkins/Disco.htm

I use this and the scrap metal set from TO. I also occasionally use the EMC weapon set. I play with the sniper hidden though. :L
  • edited March 2010

W-DiscoSet.vl2 it is a .vl2 file,
    however XP or whatever changes it to .zip when downloaded
    use winrar to rename the file extension back to .vl2
  • Do you have to have the full Winrar to change its name because i dont know how to change the name. It must be one of those unlucky times when you're looking for the butter and its right infront of you then your mum comes home and shows you where it is and you go OOHHHhhhhhh. RRRIIIGGgghhttt. TTHHEERRrreeee. Ok.
  • If you untick the Hide extensions for known file types option in your folder options (under the View tab) you can just change it with Windows.
  • edited May 2010
    heh, took a while to find... ::) tools/folder options/view
    Life just got a little easier.

Now, how do ya turn off the extension change warning?
  • While that is annoying, it's benefits outweigh that annoyance, seeing as how something might be corrupted on accident because you've changed them. Not even when you work with Tribes, but what if you rename something important and forget the extension?
  • "you can just change it with Windows."

How do you change it with windows?? (?_?)
  • Now, how do ya turn off the extension change warning?

You don't. It was put there for a reason specified by mHyth.
  • While that is annoying, it's benefits outweigh that annoyance,
    , but what if you rename something important and forget the extension?

Yeah, I think my memory is just a bit longer than 2.2 seconds...
    That was suppose to be a sarcastic remark, knowing how M$ assumes all users are generally "dumb" when it comes to the workings of the device and feels the need to protect the computer from yourself.
    Confirm or Deny?
    Are you sure or undecided?
    Press a key or seek Help.
    Confirm or Deny?
    Are you sure?

;D
  • edited May 2010
    What if I put all the png files in textures? I think I heard that you put all png files in textures... but...

Well if it doesn't work, how do I open the vl2 WDiscoset or whatever with the Winrar, or change the name (with Winrar)? (by the way I have unticked the hide file extensions)
    :-\ :-\
  • un-ticking the Hide File Extensions will allow ya to change the file extension through Windows Expolorer.

As long as the vl2 file is in /base, there shouldn't be a problem with the skins unless there some skins in the set that you don't want to use.
    If there are some that you don't want to use, highlight vl2 file, open with winRAR, navigate to the desired files, select, drag and drop the ones you want to use into the texture directory and delete the vl2 from base.

or with the vl2 file in the base directory, open with winRAR, navigate to the skin you want to remove, highlight the undesired .png and select delete. This will remove it from the vl2 archive. Make sure that you have the original flie duplicated elsewhere as to not loose the contents if you need to restore to original.

~also delete all existing .dso files using dso killer before running T2.

Hope this helps.
  • edited May 2010
    AAGhh sorry I knew that, but where IS the Vl2?

Sorry about your time but it did help so i'll delete all the DSO's but why?

EDIT: "un-ticking the Hide File Extensions will allow ya to change the file extension through Windows Expolorer"

So what do you change into the Vl2? And then how do you do it through Windows Explorer
  • I run a complete custom weapons/effects/reticles pack. The original just sucked IMHO. I have the flaming blue spin in sig.