Restore old Recordings

edited November 2010 in Support
If by chance the admins read this, I know this is a cry for a miracle, but for the longest time I have wanted to find a way to transfer my old Tribes 2 Recordings using Fraps or a like program so I can view them outside the game, unfortunately at some patch old recordings were not able to be played anymore, they show up in the list grayed and and you just get an error saying it can't be played.
I have an original tribes disk that I can install, but the problem I have is you cannot view recordings in solo mode, and it won't log in on the MP since it keeps looking for the patch server. I tried just installing the multiplayer patch but I get an error saying it's not a valid win32 application
I was wondering if it would be at all possible for any of the TribesNext programmers to be able to either fix Tribes to play the older videos, or know how I can fix my videos to play on the newer versions. Again I know this is asking a lot, but I have to at least try.

Comments

• Have you heard of the Demo Play back install thingy? That's what I use, though I never kept any old recordings. It might work.
  • I have no heard of it, can you elaborate a little on the name of the program or where I can get it?
  • Have you tried installing the old version (from the original CD, not the second release) and then tossing on some of the patches (one at a time) until the demos aren't greyed out?

I don't understand why you can't watch demos in solo mode?
  • edited November 2010
    They didn't add the ability to replay videos in solo mode till later on. So its not a choice on the menu, unless someone knows a command line. I was able to obtain some of the old patches, but its difficult to obtain all of them. If anyone knows a good site please let me know.
    If I could find away around the login like tribes next did, I would be fine.
  • Teratos, you are my new Hero, did some of the patches and bingo, patch #24834 allows recording playback and my videos are not grayed out.

I seriously cannot thank you enough.
  • =D

Glad I could help (glad I still had those patches around too).
  • I'll dedicate one of my movies to you, once I learn to use Adobe premiere.

Here is my first test Movie, I've got another 2 hours and 45 minutes of recording left to work with, so expect much more to follow.