NEW TORQUE RPG WE NEED SCRIPTERS

well i have decided to start on another rpg BUT i am using torque 3d we will be porting all info from the IS rpg to a torque 3d engine it will be a parent game no mod notify me if any one is intrested in working on this project we have lots of player models and monster and animal models plus tons of dts and difs

http://battlenetwork.servegame.com/

contact me in our forum or msn me immortal-kingdoms@live .com

to get in on this project

Comments

• Can i have a free license of the engine?
  • i have decided to start on another rpg [...] using torque 3d
    Doomed to failure.
    Can i have a free license of the engine?
    Have you asked Phantom139 for one? He's developing on T3D too! :P
    Also, stop being a leech and buy/develop your own. :)
  • for one homeboy i have a license for 2 been working on this project for a year SOLO i do now torqescript so i guess re asses your usumptions :P
  • I am still waiting for Urpg Files :P lol
  • edited November 2010
    Have you asked Phantom139 for one? He's developing on T3D too! :P
    Also, stop being a leech and buy/develop your own. :)

Quiet you! Also, i have. ;)

Also, im pretty sure you shouldn't just steal a mods assets for your game, and just hope it runs.

If this wasn't so utterly doomed to failure, i might actually be interested in helping make this happen.

Also, where do people who have no know-how, experience or ability in coding get 1.2 grand to buy a game engine? Dont let them catch you with a pirated copy. Even though with IA going down the shitter, nothing will probably happen.

EDIT:

If you can somehow prove to me that this worth putting time into, ill throw some shit into the ring.
  • This thread is full of dumb people, so I'll raise the average IQ by about 170 points.

He probably bought a license for Torque, which is now a dead company's dead engine that they are attempting to sell off. Torque is terrible anyway as GG's income came from marble blast utlra 3D IV expansion pack 2 and from ripping people off by promising Torque features which they never delivered.
  • petittion gg to open source torque
  • petittion gg to open source torque

Is there any activity in your brain?
  • cant steal somthin that never ran mor like steeling the idea and building it into its own engine istead of a mod and yes t3d is not the best engine but its what i know and seems to be working just fine been working on this project for a year and how i came up with the money well hmm i own a computer company so i have the money and as well a copy of bigworld game engine that i will start working with when this first project is done
    i have ported 80 plus animatd character models into t3d with over 5 gig of buildings foulages and much more :) see ya when i release.........
  • this t3d game is based on 10 lands each on a different server for stability cause we all now torqe and stabillity :P but i have alot of solo work in this game and it does work network emplemented and all so i hope everyone enjoys it
  • He probably bought a license for Torque, which is now a dead company's dead engine that they are attempting to sell off.

Nah, way too many poor fools have pissed way to much poor-fool-piss-away-money into it. It wont die, like it should. Who knows maybe the buyer will bother fixing it, instead of adding features that don't work and calling it a whole new engine then increasing the price of it by ~150%
    ripping people off by promising Torque features which they never delivered or got working.

Fixed.

They're probably bankrupt because they pissed away THEIR money on advertisments for torque rather than on hiring programmers to fix their horrid engine.
  • with the source you can do what ya want
  • This thread is full of dumb people, so I'll raise the average IQ by about 170 points.

He probably bought a license for Torque, which is now a dead company's dead engine that they are attempting to sell off. Torque is terrible anyway as GG's income came from marble blast utlra 3D IV expansion pack 2 and from ripping people off by promising Torque features which they never delivered.

Torque's Map packing/loading is superior to any other game engine (map files are the smallest, and can deliver striking graphics).
    Torque's Scripting language is the easiest to use/learn.
    Torque is the easiest engine to customize (source wise).
    Torque is easily built/deployed.
    Torque's community of support is the largest, and is filled with hundreds of thousands of resources to add on or improve the engine.
    Torque can deploy directly to a web browser, where as most other engines cannot.
    Torque's networking is the easiest to use.

Need I say more, because it really seems like you were horribly misinformed before posting that.
  • Need I say more, because it really seems like you were horribly misinformed before posting that.

Wellll.. actually, he didnt say anything about T3D, he said IA was fail (Torques current owners) and Torque in general, and it's true. IA failed to deliver on every one of their engines, aside from T3D (As far as i know, and even that is notoriously heavy with bugs, hence the Beta status)
    TGE has horrid lighting problems, just to start. TSE was just TGE with a shader engine :|. TGEA has a better render engine, but was still just TGE, all those pretty games you see made with TGEA, and advertised on their site took MONTHS of tweaking the engine to make everything look better, and hell, they probably are still filled with bugs. I know Dreamlord was.

All those features are great phan, and those are the reasons i want T3D, because its already ready to go. I dont have to fuck around with stuff so much like i do with Panda, or have to do a ton of writing to make Orge a game engine.

But those features also dont make an engine good. They make it the easiest.

Torque's Map packing/loading is superior to any other game engine (map files are the smallest, and can deliver striking graphics).
    Torque's Scripting language is the easiest to use/learn.
    Torque is the easiest engine to customize (source wise).
    Torque is easily built/deployed.
    Torque's community of support is the largest, and is filled with hundreds of thousands of resources to add on or improve the engine.
    Torque can deploy directly to a web browser, where as most other engines cannot.
    Torque's networking is the easiest to use.

Need I say more, because it really seems like you were horribly misinformed before posting that.

Ugh...you have no idea what you are talking about. In fact, even after you llamas are informed, you still can't figure it out.

The company died, the engine is dead, after TGE the engine was always vaporware (or should I say phantomware?). Those beautiful Atlas maps? they removed Atlas support after breaking it for the 90324802398th time. I could go on and on. It was a disaster caused by hiring a couple interns to do the work when they needed good programmers.

They were basically a fraud. They'd sell engines based on promised features that they never delivered. Even if people gave them the solutions, they still didn't integrate them because they were on to the next project.

Everyone that has used Torque knows it is a disaster.