Mods for Tribes 2

I was wondering if someone could provide a list of mods for T2 and a brief description of what they are in this thread. I usually just played vanilla Tribes but now I'm really wanting to learn more about many of the mods and give them a more in depth try. I'll list a few that I know of and if someone could provide a description of any of them I'd appreciate it. Also if you can add any other to the list that would be great.

Renagade
Shifter
RevMod2

Also does anyone know if there is a mod that adds or improves bot AI or support?

Thanks!

Comments

• Lagg spends a lot of time even today enhancing the ai. His ai are the only ones worth playing. Dl one of his maps and check them out.

http://www.tribaloutpost.com/search/results/query:lagg
  • Thanks Blakhart! I'll definitely download them and give them a try. I've got a lousy internet connection at home currently and it's going to be a little while before I can get a faster one. Also my kids are just getting to the age to where they can play Tribes and actually be fairly decent at it so playing on the LAN at home with bots is the best way for us to play at the moment.

I am interested in trying out some of the popular mods though so if anyone has some info or recommendations on any I'd like to hear them. I thought I had read somewhere that RevMod2 increased the bot AI to where they could use flamethrowers, etc. but I don't know much about any of them other than back in the day every once in a while jumping on a server that ran one and trying to figure out all of the changes on the fly.

I'm hoping to get a new aircard soon so if I can get decent enough speeds with a it I may be able to start playing online and try out the TribesNext patch.
  • If bandwidth is keeping you from playing online, t2 plays well at dialup speeds. Tribes netcode is legendary for wringing the most out of a connection. Most wifi connections can easily handle full t2 bandwidth (32 packets per second, packet size:450) but dialup will likely play best at 14 packets/sec and 256 size.
  • If bandwidth is keeping you from playing online, t2 plays well at dialup speeds. Tribes netcode is legendary for wringing the most out of a connection. Most wifi connections can easily handle full t2 bandwidth (32 packets per second, packet size:450) but dialup will likely play best at 14 packets/sec and 256 size.

Blakhart,

I remember playing Tribes on a dial up connection and it working pretty well. The problem I have is that I now live out in the middle of nowhere and I don’t even have a dial up connection. No land line phone, no cable TV or anything near me. I have satellite TV and use a Verizon aircard which barely works. The speeds fluctuate a lot. I’ll have decent speeds for a few seconds then they will drop to almost nothing then jump back up again. I’ll have to give it a try and see if it can hold up to an online game. If not I’ll most likely have to wait until I can get satellite internet service to have a stable enough connection to be able to play online.
  • il send you these mods,not right now because i'm busy but today. Anyway , until then ,could you post this vanilla mod you're talking about? I'm making a colection of mods...

Robertom2002,

Sorry if I what I said was confusing. There is no vanilla mod. I was just referring to playing Tribes without any types of mods. Playing it just as it is after a new basic install. I appreciate the links! I will download them and see if I can figure out how to get them to work and see if I like them. I had never heard of the Triumph mod so if it improves the bots that will be great.
  • satellite internet service to have a stable enough connection to be able to play online.

EPIC FAIL
    I have satellite internet. Does not work for online multiplayer games or bittorrents. Speeds fluctuate tremendously and latency is intolerably worse than dial-up. 4000ms vs 400ms ping rate. Then theres dropped transmissions and peak usage times that also affect the connection. Not to mention the cost of satillite vs dialup. Good luck.
  • I have some rather old mods on archive:

*Halo Mod
    *Heavy Medal
    *Ect.

I could if you want, put them up for download on my website. I would need to access my old hard drive though, so it may be a bit before I could get them up.
  • satellite internet service to have a stable enough connection to be able to play online.

EPIC FAIL
    I have satellite internet. Does not work for online multiplayer games or bittorrents. Speeds fluctuate tremendously and latency is intolerably worse than dial-up. 4000ms vs 400ms ping rate. Then theres dropped transmissions and peak usage times that also affect the connection. Not to mention the cost of satillite vs dialup. Good luck.

Thanks for the info! I assumed that the bandwidth in either direction was so much larger with satellite that it would just work better than dial up. I guess I'm out of luck then. Verizon wants to charge me $2000 to get a phone land line installed which is crazy and not worth it for dial up speeds.

Since you have satellite internet do you think it is worth getting in my case? Even if it's not good for games does it work well enough for most other things surfing, downloading files, etc.? Do you know if you can use VPN or VOIP with it?
  • robertom2002,

Thanks for the list!!! I have never heard of many of them. One of them caught my attention right away - Werewolf's bot pilot - I have always wanted the bots to be able to pilot the vehicles. I downloaded it and hope to give it a try as soon as I can. I already use "Belials Bots" which enables bots on most all of the default maps that come with Tribes. I've used it for years and love it. I'll have to see if I can find some of the others on your list and give them a try as well.

THANKS!

• Hmmm..... I don't know much about this or how to go about doing it myself. I'll have to look into it. I'll also have to convince the wife that it's safe. Shes pretty funny about living near power lines, using a lot of wireless devices, etc. Thanks for the link.

It's funny, I have lived here for 3 years now and I when I moved here I figured eventually some form of high speed internet would work it's way out this far but now I'm starting to think I live in a black hole and that no form of high speed service is ever coming. I'm going to have to try playing online with the aircard I have and see if it will work at all.
  • Ahem, and Tauris. ;)

It's a Construction addon mod where you build spaceships and then fight them with crew and shit.
  • You can get the Construction and Version2 mods from Spinesworld: http://spinesworld.onlinesportsleague.net/
  • I probably have MODs on my website.
  • Ah yes, various MODs and pieces of MODs:
    http://tribes.m-parsons.com/mods/
  • Yep , already have them , i took some from your site.

The mod list is the list of mods that i have , i forgot to say that .

But i am still looking for war 2003 , metallic con mod , mechsiege , halo (from phantom ??) , and more if you people know .

As mentioned earlier, It's on my old hard drive, so it might be a few weeks before I can get my files off of it. But I'll let you know when I get it.
  • Since you have satellite internet do you think it is worth getting in my case? Even if it's not good for games does it work well enough for most other things surfing, downloading files, etc.? Do you know if you can use VPN or VOIP with it?

I have the lowest package through Hughesnet, 1.0 Mbps Down - 128 Kbps Up at $60 a month. They F'ed me out of the equipment purchase 50% rebate. Equipment at $400 and a mounting pole at $125. Although I have never been able to attain the advertised speeds, it works well enough to do most internet functions. Local weather and ISP location weather affects the signal causing latency and linkage problems. Then there's FAP of 200mb DL a day. Video streams or clips is sometimes a futile effort at this rate. Not sure about VPN or VOIP. Ya would need to investigate the fesablity yourself.
    Right now, I get my T2 fix at work... :P
  • Add Super Cheap Modset to the list.
    I created it.
    It usually is up at 4-6 PM EST.
    And the admin will be playing.
    Always.
  • Some good news. I got my old desktop(server) running again.

Once I can get an internet connection to it, I will be able to get the files up.
  • For some reason it's not letting me reply to this topic on my desktop (Go Figure).

So I just uploaded the old mods I have to my site.

See this topic:
    http://www.public.phantomdev.net/SMF/index.php/topic,463.msg1561
  • Mods are pretty cool.
  • I have heavymedal running on tribes next server

Glink heavymedal just filter heavymedal.

srglink