Goon Haven - News, Info, Etc

12345679»

Comments

• I've never seen that happen and I like to drive a tank fairly often (aka almost whenever the map sort of allows for it) o_O .

Well I know I've never recieved any points outside of ramming people, dunno about the "XXX was smeared all over the place by YYY's Tank Mortar" thing, I usually never pay attention to the death messages. Sounds odd in either case.
  • It was weird though..Because I ended up getting 12 kills( I rammed a couple people's faces in), and Sinner on the other hand had like 2 kills? Idk it was weird.
  • I'm guessing the server gets confused sometimes, what with 50 players all shooting and flying and hacking and whatnot, the server likely seldom gets restarted to clean up anything leftover in memory. Hence: it runs funny.
  • Dear Goonhaven admin,

Yesterday I played my first skirmish of Tribes2 in 5 years.
    It was on your server and I had a blast there.
    Thank you very much.

I think I will be playing there again (and rather soon) :)
    (sh00ba)
  • Dear denniz (sh00ba),

We're happy to hear it!

- TT
  • I'm guessing the server gets confused sometimes, what with 50 players all shooting and flying and hacking and whatnot, the server likely seldom gets restarted to clean up anything leftover in memory. Hence: it runs funny.
    Naw, this happens all the time. And it's usually when there's like less then 25 peeps playin. Almost happens to me everytime I decide to drive people around in a tank. Not really that important though lol. Just wanted to point it out.
  • The problem with high altitude bombing, is that with a small amount of coordination, two players can literally make it impossible for the opposing team to get a vehicle out at all. It's a form of griefing.

I have, and will take down my own team's bomber if they're doing this. It's borderline cheating.
    If it's just 2 players, you should have a scout in the air on defense to defend against this tactic. Bombers which HAB are sitting ducks to be shot down, especially if you don't have a tail gunner to rocket the Shrike.
  • ZOMBIE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Thank you guys for keeping the game alive after all these years. I'm coming home after scaling the heights in World of Warcraft. What was the follow-up to Tribes 2? - Vengeance? - god that sucked. Tribes 2 is the best CTF game, the best community, the best players - me, I suck but I love it - nothing game-wise has ever compared to keeping the generators up in Recalesence or a similar task - always hated the mods - the pure classic game was the best - and the original maps with a few of the player maps being good, a small number being even better than the originals. The only thing I really miss is HV - I'd love to see that server up again with the old guys. The best of times. Someone should do a proper sequel and not screw it up.
  • Too bad a bunch of drunk no bodies put up a server where they can cheat all they want and ban those who call them on it.
  • I'd say cheat detection works quite well, multiple community members and an admin all submitted evidence of you cheating and you're relatively new.
  • Is this what you do with your free time? Post cheats for a game that people stopped caring about playing well in 10 years ago? Why don't you go volunteer your time at a homeless shelter or something? They could always use some extra hands, and could be a reference later in life.