Alias Name Stealing..

I just noticed on Triumph Bot Abuse 300 maps server that someone is using my name as an alias. Is there anything I can do to stop the use of my name without my permission? It's not so much a big deal unless they start trouble in the tribes community and I get blamed for it. The name was Harbringerpain.1
Any ideas?

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Stop me if you've heard this one before. Some guy totally joined the server you were on, without you noticing somehow. And he was really scared when he saw you and left immediately. Anything he does will forever be considered what you did, and you'll never even know about it!

You're screwed.

Though I guess since you had the decency to post this in Support, I should tell you the truth: when you crash Tribes 2, your name will still be active on the server for about 60 seconds. If you then reconnect to the server, your name on that server will be changed to have a .1 on it, so that it doesn't collide with you.
  • Stop me if you've heard this one before.

Stop it.

.1 is appended to make sure there are no conflicts of names on the server. If this happens, the player that gets .1 appended to them is known as a Smurf. Usually (idk if Tribes Next has it implemented, but I'm sure it does), there player name should appear in purple in the in-game lobby.