Good base servers?

Seems like the only servers out there with any people in them are classic and version2...

who the shit came up with version2? That's not tribes. That's.... some weird shit that should not exist.

Are there any good base servers running?

Comments

• Don't Know, not many ppl host Base servers to my knowledge.
  • That's really too bad :(
  • edited January 2009
    There is a base Arena server. That's where base belongs.

And version2 belongs in the trash along with all the idiots who actually like it.

PS. The guy who came up with it was some terrible player name Qing who couldn't handle Tribes 2, and made some super-easy mod so that he could play.

The Dawg Pound (Base): 69.12.92.182:28000
  • i agree, v2 is UN BEARABLE!! and the only thing i like about classic is the shocklance. other then that its retarted. if i can get my cla back in and goin, The | Names, i will personally host a base server.
  • Wow, DUN_DUNNA I remember you from WAYYY back. Policeman, I remember you from the EWO server.

Good to see a couple of familiar faces. I'm thinking of getting a base server up and running.
  • I could host a Base Server For anyone who wants it up, I have classic server right now but I could easily just change that :D
  • In the last Classic pickup, we played Reversion. After that, I am reminded yet again why base died: because in base, every single game of CTF is as horribly boring and uneventful as that game of Reversion. Defense doesn't have to do a damn thing but stand around, whereas the offense has to mount a huge effort for every cap.
  • I do like classic better because of the improved speed and action in it, though I was just putting out the suggestion.
  • In the last Classic pickup, we played Reversion. After that, I am reminded yet again why base died: because in base, every single game of CTF is as horribly boring and uneventful as that game of Reversion. Defense doesn't have to do a damn thing but stand around, whereas the offense has to mount a huge effort for every cap.

Fair to say... but I like base better because I feel like classic removes the need for vehicles. Now, I don't particularly like the "omgomgomgomg shrike ramming" mindset that persisted in Houston/Miami vehicles, but I DO like vehicles. It's another dynamic to the game that I liked.
  • I'll only play base if its siege :) or arena.
  • I've been talking in the thread over in Support section about setting up a server, with the goal of doing a Base server and a Rabbit server. I've got it running, but until they get Linux support for dedicated servers, TribesNext folks wont see'em :(
  • Wow, DUN_DUNNA I remember you from WAYYY back. Policeman, I remember you from the EWO server.

Good to see a couple of familiar faces. I'm thinking of getting a base server up and running.

What servers did you play on? I was all over the place, enjoyed all the mods (flavors) of Tribes 2! 8)
  • There is a base Arena server. That's where base belongs.

And version2 belongs in the trash along with all the idiots who actually like it.

PS. The guy who came up with it was some terrible player name Qing who couldn't handle Tribes 2, and made some super-easy mod so that he could play.

At the least, please try to be respectful of users new to TribesNext, regardless of their prior background. As active community participants we don't want to give the impression that V2 vets aren't welcome here. Please keep your opinion in an opinion context. Just because you don't like v2 or base or whatever else doesn't mean that those who do are idiots.

What servers did you play on? I was all over the place, enjoyed all the mods (flavors) of Tribes 2! 8)

I played on Combat PA a lot, as well as the nguk.net servers before they went down. Sometimes on Houston Vehicles, sometimes on Barrysworld

I played on Combat PA a lot, as well as the nguk.net servers before they went down. Sometimes on Houston Vehicles, sometimes on Barrysworld

HAha; yeah I remember them all, especially Combat PA... that was a fun server! ;D

HAha; yeah I remember them all, especially Combat PA... that was a fun server! ;D

I believe I played on combat PA a few times as well back in the day! good times, miss some of those old servers...
  • Yeah it was a fun server. I used to be one of the admins there. Good crowd of players, surprisingly few asshats.
  • edited January 2009
    Don't Know, not many ppl host Base servers to my knowledge.

Are your servers up? I can't seem to see it.

Edit: mmm after checking http://www.maxogc.net/tribes/t2/max_t2_master.php
    I don't seem to be getting any base servers.
  • If at all possible some of old farts at HV are looking into hosting a base server if at all possible.
    Also I am just happy that tribes 2 is still here and making a comeback in any form base,classic and whatever I need to try out some mods now I havent played shifter or rev mod in years. ;D
  • I played on Combat PA a lot, as well as the nguk.net servers before they went down. Sometimes on Houston Vehicles, sometimes on Barrysworld

Hey! Used to go by ElectricMindFunk.

Sup?
  • edited January 2009
    Don't Know, not many ppl host Base servers to my knowledge.

Server is up, it's still running in LAN mode. Manually enter the IP address.

See this thread for instructions on how to enter the IP address:

http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=226.0

Server is up, it's still running in LAN mode. Manually enter the IP address.

See this thread for instructions on how to enter the IP address:

http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=226.0

Ah thanks.
    -Phil
  • I played on Combat PA a lot, as well as the nguk.net servers before they went down. Sometimes on Houston Vehicles, sometimes on Barrysworld

Hey! Used to go by ElectricMindFunk.

Sup?

Sup EMFunk. It's been a long time :D How you been?
  • Better job, kid, responsibilities.

Growing up in general.
  • We desperately need a good old fashioned 32 -64 player 24\7 vehicle server. I don't mind playing on Goons or Branzone but at best we get thirty minutes in a good vehicle map and then the next four maps are more no vehic skiing only CTF. Hell the other night we even played the same map twice within one rotation.

I love vehicles, that's what I've trained to do the last eight years, that's the reason I bought the game. Give me vehicles or give me death.
  • Growing up in general.

Sucks, don't it? :P
  • Oh god, you guys actually remember HV? How about MV? :D I really wish I kept all those scripts. I'm trying to remember everything we ran.

Right now I'm trying to get a Base CTF Vehicles Server going but I can't any admin mods to work. Look for SFW Vehicle CTF as soon as I figure it out :P
  • Oh god, you guys actually remember HV? How about MV? :D I really wish I kept all those scripts. I'm trying to remember everything we ran.

Right now I'm trying to get a Base CTF Vehicles Server going but I can't any admin mods to work. Look for SFW Vehicle CTF as soon as I figure it out :P

Yeah we remember them, we probably talk about how much we miss them on a daily basis! welcome to the forum brother! :)
  • Hah I'm trying to get UberWeasel back in the game but he's had his heart broken with every work around in the past.

After I get the vehicle CTF going again I'll put up a TAC2 server.