New Tribes game on the way

2»

Comments

• Are there seriously over 9000 patches for hi-command or is it just buggy?
  • It's an MMO first and an FPS second (or possibly even further away than that). It's not trying to be Tribes 3, it's trying to be an MMO. As far as I'm concerned, it can be as similar to Tribes 1/2 as World of Warcraft is to Warcraft 1/2/3. I already had a bunch of ideas on how Tribes should work in an MMO-type world that would please literally every existing fan of Tribes as well as modern gamers in multiple genres. Let's just hope that HiRez has someone like me.

Let's hope not.

In any case, I've been following along, and at first glance it looks like a worthy successor. We'll have to wait and see if it delivers.
    How do you have to wait and see if you've really been following along? The periodically post threads saying "LOLOLOL WE ARE KILLING EVERYTHING GOOD ABOUT TRIBES LOLOLOLOLOL".

Are you illiterate?

Yes teratos. I'm illiterate. Allow me to explain(with small words for you) why we have to wait even though we've been reading and watching videos. Here goes, see if you can keep up:

Just because you read about driving a ferrari in a car magazine doesn't mean you know what it feels like.

That's right, read it a couple times and let me know when it sinks in.

Also, I never said anything about TribesNext ruining everything about tribes, I just mentioned jerk-offs like Kryand and his super positive and humble attitude toward other players. In any case, that's all in the past. I'm not anxsty, I think i'm in good company. Simply google Kryand's name and you can read discussions soley about how people hate him.

On happier note, hello blindkilla. How are things?

Now Teratos, make a fucking list about it.
  • it's angsty bro
  • it's angsty bro

Right. I'm not that either.
  • lmao I am good man nice to see you around angasty or not.what can ya say kryand *COUGH* will be kryand nuff said.
  • lmao I am good man nice to see you around angasty or not.what can ya say kryand *COUGH* will be kryand nuff said.

*hands Blindkilla a cough drop*

There ya go. Hope that helps.
  • Activision is the only one I can think of.
    Or Bungie.

Bungie staff: "We got the Tribes IP! Let's add in team deathmatch and battle rifles and easy-throw grenades!"
    and what if...Electronic arts got ahold of it...oh boy...
    EA:Hey lets strip their jetpacks! they can now use jump boots instead and use progression to unlock bunch of stuffs :D

:(
  • Legions overdrive is better, even with out vehicles...
    The Dev, team is awasom young talented bunch.. big updates are coming, inventory deployables system.