invert vehicle Y-axis

Searched the forum and found nothing, but was wondering if anyone else has this problem?

When i invert the vehicle Y-axis, T2 loses the setting after I exit a vehicle. When I re-enter a shrike, I have to go back into control settings and re-enable.

This is on Windows7 64. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

Comments

• So no love, huh? That sucks, because Tribes Ascend is a pale, shitty shadow of the glorious T2...
  • Hmm.. I wonder if someone could cook up a script for this... weird that this is a problem just now posted (It has to be something with your setup)
  • You deleting all dsos?????
  • edited January 2012
    Pilotmode 3 allows script-based vehicle y-axis inversion, and also has a bunch of other nice features like sensitivity and FOV adjusting on a per-vehicle basis. It probably requires support.vl2, so grab that too if you don't already have it. Also, here's a nice script that automatically deletes all DSOs whenever you exit the game: http://www.chaingunned.org/sling/Uberguys_Scripts/cleandso.zip.

Or, if you're anti-script for some reason, you could try opening base/prefs/ClientPrefs.cs in notepad, setting pref::Vehicle::InvertYAxis = "0" to 1, and saving. I've found that when my in-game pref changes for a script or something don't save, editing the pref file directly like this usually works.
  • Cool, I'll try that script. All I did was install the TribesNext package and then this started happening. My original disks are in storage or I would have tested that. I wondered if Win7-64 was the culprit, but I've tried all manner of administrative permissions and still no go.

Thanks, guys!

What are "dsos"?

What are "dsos"?

Long description:
    Tribes 2 runs the Torque Game engine, which is an engine that employs 'scripts' that developers and community members can write. These script files end in the '.cs' extension. When the game runs and needs to compile, or parse and use, these script files, it generates a .cs.dso file. This file is used to quick-load the script for future use (so that it doesn't have to re-compile it). This means if you change the contents of the original script (.cs file) and there is still an old .dso.cs file, the game will use that instead of updating to the new version. This can cause things to break if you add, remove, or edit scripts into T2. By removing the old .dso you force the game engine to re-compile the scripts, usually fixings a lot of issues. If your Windows is not showing extensions (No period after the filename), Google it based on your OS version

Short version:
    Just delete all files ending in .dso in your gamedata directory.

What are "dsos"?

Long description:
    Tribes 2 runs the Torque Game engine, which is an engine that employs 'scripts' that developers and community members can write. These script files end in the '.cs' extension. When the game runs and needs to compile, or parse and use, these script files, it generates a .cs.dso file. This file is used to quick-load the script for future use (so that it doesn't have to re-compile it). This means if you change the contents of the original script (.cs file) and there is still an old .dso.cs file, the game will use that instead of updating to the new version. This can cause things to break if you add, remove, or edit scripts into T2. By removing the old .dso you force the game engine to re-compile the scripts, usually fixings a lot of issues. If your Windows is not showing extensions (No period after the filename), Google it based on your OS version

Short version:
    Just delete all files ending in .dso in your gamedata directory.

Ahh I see. Nope, I haven't installed any scripts on this install.