Old Vet Seeking help...

Yo, I'm an old Tribes 2 player. I stopped playing ages ago and then saw Tribes Ascend. I tried playing Tribes Ascend when it came out but it's gameplay is missing a certian quaility that Tribes 2 had, so I decided to come back here. I came here to get the patch since the old servers are down so I can pwn some newbloods again. Anyways, I've never modded the game b4, but I'm seeing some really nice skins here that I wanna use. In what folder/ directory would I place these files in to use them? Also, to where do I put the server patch?

Comments

• Think textures go in the base/textures folder unless they're a vl2 wich would go in the base folder, and the server patch does its own thing as an exe, you need not interfere with it.
  • It doesn't matter where you put a .vl2, it can be in GameData\base or any subdirectory, T2 will always see the contents (and their stored path) relative to base.
  • It doesn't matter where you put a .vl2, it can be in GameData\base or any subdirectory, T2 will always see the contents (and their stored path) relative to base.
    Never tested this... can someone else confirm this? I'm not at home so I can't quite see if this is true.
  • Yes, that is correct. The game does a search for all VL2s, and makes their contents available from the active mod path. Files under "base" get shadowed by any mod you might have running, duplicate files in VL2s get shadowed in alphabetical load order, and any realized file (i.e. extracted and not in a VL2) shadows any VL2 sourced file.
  • Yes, that is correct. The game does a search for all VL2s, and makes their contents available from the active mod path. Files under "base" get shadowed by any mod you might have running, duplicate files in VL2s get shadowed in alphabetical load order, and any realized file (i.e. extracted and not in a VL2) shadows any VL2 sourced file.
    Good to know.