Your fondest memory of T2?

2»

Comments

• someone beat the geezers? :o
  • The greatest thing about T2 to me is that there is no single greatest memory for me. I have too many that rank a perfect 10 and they all seem to get jumbled together, lol.
  • Me and a close friend just used to play online against each other bc all we had was our 56k computers. We never really got into the whole community aspect with terms such as "base" and other stuff, we just LOVED Kabotic. We played and played....esp when my mom passed, T2 and regular starsiege was all I had for queit awhile. I logged queit alot hours then.

Now its rabbit, i managed to duel with my friend this evening for a good bit....so much fun!

I have to agree with seeing 10 or more players in coordination forming a fully planned attack, the first time I saw that did give me a sense of awe.

Tribes 2 was way ahead of its time.
  • I love playing Rabbit now. I was just playing in Lexic's server...He's honestly one of the best MAers I have seen. Even if it is on HIS server. Kudos to him. But rabbit is so fun because it's every man for himself. Even if I don't have the flag I get good at sniping because someone else constantly has the flag and I don't have to run around looking for enemies like in CTF. It's always awesome to get like back2back MA's in rabbit and all that stuff and get rewarded with points for the amazing feats you pull off.
  • someone beat the geezers? :o

wow! did, and then I'm pretty sure they retired from siege right after.
  • When I was a newb I remember on katabatic, the same guy kept capturing our flag and at least 8 times in a row I mortared him right outside his base and we would get the flag back.
    I was just imagining how pissed he probably was, wish I had a recording of that
  • As many have said, too many memories to list. From days where I just felt like being an ass, TKing with a satchel at the Vpad... Concing people with the enemy flag... Flipping loaded Havocs...

To the days seriously competing in the Version 2 ladders or in Arena Scrims. So many beautiful memories this game has brought me. It's like no game I've ever played. You can log in no matter what mood you're in and have fun.

Tribes 2 is a beautiful thing, and I'm very pleased to see it back ^^
  • My favorite moment had to be getting a cloaker, in base, with a back SL, completely by accident while running around pressing the button while laying mines. Funny shit.
  • My favourite memories were my early clan games with (OAP). Because I used to practice in shrikes all the time I ended up being pretty darn good with them - especially when it came to running people over funnily enough ;D

Anyway, the clan leader soon caught on to my shrike antics and, at the start of every match as he was handing out roles, he'd just say something (to me) like "Shrike duty mate; go work your magic" :D I'd have the run of the map basically, terrorising people and generally ensuring that their vehicles never made it to our base.

I'm hopeless with them now of course but back in the day me + shrike = death from above. Now it seems to = a valiant effort that results in an embarrassing and untimely demise :-[
  • My favorite moment was shortly after the game launched.

I was playing CTF on one of the nguk.net servers on Sanctuary. I was part of a big assault on the enemy base. Somebody had the MPB rolling out to deploy it, 2 tanks were shelling the base from down where the repair pack is, and about 15 of us came over that big cliff like ants. Taking fire from the turret on the front of the base and mortars from the heavy as a bomber streaked by overhead was probably one of the coolest moments I've experienced in gaming.
  • Base raping the crap out of the other team so bad they accused me of cheating

p.s. 'sup sodium

oWnzOrz2-1.jpg
  • Pimps! How's it going man? Long time 8)
  • When Riva Irongrip (NZ T2 player) and myself would get on Teamspeak, grab our Elf guns and shield packs and go behind the enemy base on maps like DX. We would lure a player over to us and we would proceed to continually elf them so they couldn't do anything while protecting ourselves with our shields.

Very funny days.
  • I have so many but a few are is getting on and seeing all the server that there were to choose from and all the people that where playing and having to wait to get on to play on my favorites. Playing on HV on event nights where we would play all the game types like hunters
    and race some TR2 and even made up are own havoc wars and rabbit is crazy as hell with 60 people! Most of all I loved getting a good bombing crew together and blowing the hell outta things with my bud Mr.13 R.I.P bro I will never forget ya. Thats probably the most important thing is That I still am friends with alot of the guys that I started playing this game with years ago.
  • Ahh the memories... 8)
    Created UFO and made friends online, and playing siege alot.
    Had a tribe war with +DoD+ and got them disbanded 4 times... hahah ;D

I was thinking of erasing my skins, until i saw tribesNEXT, maybe their could be a return of UFO. Have to wait and see.
  • anytime I have lanced a heavy in the ribs...LOL...damn everyone hates that! The BEST!
  • The t2 disc being put in my cd drive
  • edited January 2009
    Yah that was me near the end, when chat room was filled with the same people every night. So for me recruting stopped, which left me bord. Damn you shazbot.

What brings back memories for me was my UFO servers. I had 2 of them, one was my old P200 that ran nicely on linux for recruits, and the other was my P3 800. That ran Team hunters - Humans vs Bots, 32 of them. Man could they chain whore. It was great to get your skills up, and I had people from DWS try and they liked it.

edit: Spelling
  • Yah that was me near the end, when chat room was filled with the same people every night. So for me recruting stopped, which left me bord. Damn you shazbot.

What brings back memories for me was my UFO servers. I had 2 of them, one was my old P200 that ran nicely on linux for recruits, and the other was my P3 800. That ran Team hunters - Humans vs Bots, 32 of them. Man could they chain whore. It was great to get your skills up, and I had people from DWS try and they liked it.

edit: Spelling

get them started again bro, with the player base growing daily you'll have noobs in there trying things out in no time!
  • edited January 2009
    i used to love sneaking into the enemy base, planting a charge then escaping
    i would duck down over a hillside and wait for a few dudes to rtb
    when i think they've gone down far enough, id click that button and boom
    or id put a mine next to the charge...
    man that was fun
  • Havoc battles in v2 was alot of fun, we did it a couple of times during the summer. The one thing that's exciting about v2...
  • Actualy, when I first fired up t2 I was very impressed that it didn't look like t1. I appreciate t1 being groundbreaking and I love the folks at gg, but dam it ugly.
  • well I'm pretty sure the last big patch removed the cd-check.
    whether it required it before that, I cant remember
  • I remember few years ago (maybe 2003) when gamers had team spirit and strategy... One of the best time was when several gamers bought 4 or 5 tanks and waiting the other one before leaving. We could see 5 tanks crossing the map in line. And when they arrived at the ennemy base, it was the end of the world for them. And we repeated this again and again... So fun, so real, so military,...
  • I can just imagine the server emptying as the tanks advanced across the map and players ue'd as they came into view.