New MOD Idea!

Hello, :)
I have some overall ideal of the Mod I would like to create...
This will base on:
-leveling system (this wasn't implemented in T2)
-a colorful and a little bit surrealistic world
-Heroes which would remind DC or Marvel designs;)
I have no experience in modding nor mapping. If someone would be kind to
help me with this Mod I would be very grateful!

Comments

• Honestly, there doesn't appear to be much mod development going on for the game anymore nor is there probably many people wanting to invest their time in it anymore as there isn't really enough of a player base left in the game that is willing to play anything other than Classic on Snap, Crackle Pub to make it worth while. That's why I stopped working on my mods a couple years ago. I do occasionally provide patches to Meltdown 2 but these don't take extended periods of time to develop.

But as far as those points.
    -leveling system (this wasn't implemented in T2)

Trivial task to implement for most modders. Pretty much all mods that base off of CCM and its variants do this already (CCM, ACCM, TWM and TWM2). Meltdown 2 does it as well.
    -a colorful and a little bit surrealistic world

Should work with some custom maps. You'd still be limited to the content provided by a clean install of the game, though. Refer to the paragraph below as to why.
    -Heroes which would remind DC or Marvel designs;)

This would further reduce the number of players willing to ever play the mod to effectively none as it would render your mod clientside, unless this takes on the form of skin modifications and even, nobody would see them unless they have the skins installed themselves. Anything that introduces new geometry in the game will make it require a mod installation for anyone willing to play.
  • Thanks for honest reply!
    I am not willing to do the work, but making new mods isn't entirely dead. The newest being BIOmod by ^bdc. It was released entirely early last year. Good ideas, though.

-rJay
    I am not willing to do the work, but making new mods isn't entirely dead. The newest being BIOmod by ^bdc. It was released entirely early last year. Good ideas, though.

-rJay

I'm going to repeat what I said to a friend on that. Just because it was made doesn't mean it attests to the future as far as getting anyone that is willing to work on a new mod.
  • I have an idea for a new mod:

Tanks
    Controllable turrets
    Tanks
    Anti Cheat system
    Tanks
    Turrets that work
    Tanks
  • I want a mod where the disk lops heads and limbs and stuff!
  • My favourite weapon in Unreal Tournament with 50,000+ kills before I found T2 when it was released. Never went back...

Obviously no one misses tanks...
  • My favourite weapon in Unreal Tournament with 50,000+ kills before I found T2 when it was released. Never went back...

Obviously no one misses tanks...
    I miss the Beowulf greatly.
  • I suspect tanks are gone from scp due to their proclivity towards causing client ues. Not everyone got the ue from tanks but enough did to give pause to their deployment.
  • I suspect tanks are gone from scp due to their proclivity towards causing client ues. Not everyone got the ue from tanks but enough did to give pause to their deployment.
    They should have given that as a reason. Instead, bran claimed the tanks were causing the entire server to crash, which is, literally, impossible.
  • If it can cause clients to ue why not servers?
  • Client crashes are easily caused when the offending code is utilized by the clients only. Rendering is an example of such. There's definitely others as well but I'm not too sure about Torque's design. Still, I'm not aware of a crash deriving from usage of tanks. I've been on many servers, including Meltdown 2 that had usage of tanks and I have seen some really crazy things happen with them and used a handful of different hardware and software configurations but never had a crash because of tanks under normal circumstances.

The only time there was a crash was when the Meltdown 2 server managed to get a tank flying in the air at some obscene acceleration that caused the server to crash, and sometimes the clients as well. This however is not just an issue for hover tanks, it can happen with anything you can possibly find a way to accelerate that such speeds. Tanks and well, hover vehicles in general are probably the easiest to do it with because of their behavior with water.
  • Client crashes are easily caused when the offending code is utilized by the clients only. Rendering is an example of such. There's definitely others as well but I'm not too sure about Torque's design. Still, I'm not aware of a crash deriving from usage of tanks. I've been on many servers, including Meltdown 2 that had usage of tanks and I have seen some really crazy things happen with them and used a handful of different hardware and software configurations but never had a crash because of tanks under normal circumstances.

The only time there was a crash was when the Meltdown 2 server managed to get a tank flying in the air at some obscene acceleration that caused the server to crash, and sometimes the clients as well. This however is not just an issue for hover tanks, it can happen with anything you can possibly find a way to accelerate that such speeds. Tanks and well, hover vehicles in general are probably the easiest to do it with because of their behavior with water.
    Yup. Like I said, SCP sucks because of that. They aren't playing Classic, they are playing bran ruleset.