Evil 600m repair gun hack

The rarest t2 cheat of all.
  • screen1.png

Comments

• I think that was my repair gun.
  • The repair gun effect is so weird. In our mod, TAC2, we used to have it so that if a passenger of a vehicle started repairing that vehicle, he could then look away and the repair process would still continue no matter what direction he turned. Well this caused the beam to do all sorts of weird bends and angles to try and reach the vehicle.

We eventually replaced the beam with a different effect because of the way Tribes2 updates (or doesn't update) the end-point of the repair beam. It turns out the only time the repair beam end point is updated (ie, moved) is if the player who's repairing has the target he's repairing in his line of site. Otherwise, the end-point won't update and stays in a fixed spot and the beam just gets longer and longer until the repairer has LoS on his target again, at which point the end-point gets updated for everyone in the game.

I suspect there's some sort of funky thing similar going on in that screenshot
  • The repair gun effect is so weird. In our mod, TAC2, we used to have it so that if a passenger of a vehicle started repairing that vehicle, he could then look away and the repair process would still continue no matter what direction he turned. Well this caused the beam to do all sorts of weird bends and angles to try and reach the vehicle.

We eventually replaced the beam with a different effect because of the way Tribes2 updates (or doesn't update) the end-point of the repair beam. It turns out the only time the repair beam end point is updated (ie, moved) is if the player who's repairing has the target he's repairing in his line of site. Otherwise, the end-point won't update and stays in a fixed spot and the beam just gets longer and longer until the repairer has LoS on his target again, at which point the end-point gets updated for everyone in the game.

I suspect there's some sort of funky thing similar going on in that screenshot
    Yeah, happens in Classic all the time.
  • I always get a kick out of it when I see it, sadly it's usualy too brief to even screen cap. Some seemingly go across the map.
  • No.

rJay
  • Lol rj y u get binned from scp huh?

• I'm really not sure. Heat said I stole someone's account. I didn't. I believe the only account 'stealing' was slush 'stealing' mine.

Jay
  • Perhaps a offering to the local server deity is in order?
  • I do not care enough.
  • Then enjoy your stay in uttermost outter darnkness!
  • Well, it was their choice. I will always play Tribes 2. One server banning me for things I didn't do doesn't really bother me a lot. Besides, there are at least 10 other players that should have been banned before me, so why would I want to hang around people like that? You are who you hang with.
  • Pretty much.
  • Come back rJay!!!!
  • I cannot come back. I am banned. If you would like me to come back, I'll need to be unbanned.
  • When I edit classic I'm so going to mod the cg proj effect like that.