Tribes Ascend Summer Draft Seasona

Not sure who all has tried it out yet..after my recent banning on branzone's SCP by Sashimistican and suggestions to consider other game to play and get lost by teratos and thyth.

It opened the horizon's for sure with lot of what was planning for T2N, being offered in Ascend.

Played yesterday for the 1st time and while it is not perfect, must admit, it has lot more of the appeal and fell, that I am personally, looking for in a game and community and a replacement for Tribesnext 4me...party on and hope you all who wanted to see me leave are happy :D

http://www.gameshrine.org/competition-players.php?comp=53
[Sponsored by WTFast] Competitive draft : 3 days left to sign up ! (self.Tribes)

submitted 1 day ago * by m473us - stickied post
WTFast Sponsoring

Good news, WTFast company is now sponsoring this competition. It means that they'll offer 3 months key (value $17.07) for every players of winning team. For those who don't know, WTFast is a VPN Software for Gamers (aka GPN). It can help you resolving your ping issues on T:A and many others games.
Sign-ups

Here: http://www.gameshrine.org/competition-players.php?comp=53
You can register until Saturday 21st June 12PM.
Keep in mind that you'll need to CONFIRM your registration Saturday 21st June 12PM to 2PM
Prize Pool

Global prize pool is now 157.50€ (Thanks to DarkSteve, Skoober, Eaks, Barbex & lcnt).
You can still donate until saturday, just pm me and I'll send you my paypal informations.

1st: 110€ + 7 WTFast 3-months keys + 1000 gold/player
2nd: 47.50€ + 800 gold/player
3rd: 500 gold/player
Captain

It seems that we need more captains ! Keep in mind that if we don't have enough captains, we might chose you as one. So you may prefer to check "Are you willing to be a captain?!" and do a private list of "Who should I pick first ?"
What more ?

If you can't play this draft, don't worry. We'll have another one since Pumpelche donated 100€ !
More info about draft

http://www.reddit.com/r/Tribes/comments/27krcx/competitive_eu_draft_with_prize_pool/

Any questions?

Side note, STAR is now recruiting, add starinhabitant to your buddy list and join in game and then league join here.

http://www.gameshrine.org/tribe-apply.php?id=583

There is betting allowed for fun :D

Comments

• 4 close range as in 3 meters away full zoom power bxt rifle headshots on a light to kill, 1 swipe with the mealy weapon to kill.

Wtf are they thinking?
  • 4 close range as in 3 meters away full zoom power bxt rifle headshots on a light to kill, 1 swipe with the mealy weapon to kill.

Wtf are they thinking?

Did not say it was perfect...did I mention it had tanks :D

BADJEFF was in playing and rocking, as well as other Tribes and T2 Vets.

Have not had one threat from any abusive server admins and noticed the childish rhetoric and can chat chit spam is not present :D

Still working on the tourney for Tribes TN for Cash & Prizes and may have a new sponsor for it with game servers for us, if anyone like to still play, 1v1, 3v3, 5v5, & 7v7 CTF draft season staring in September or later towards end of this year, as my interest is weening from it, as sure some can pop the champagne on it...either way, hope everyone enjoys TN while it last, as tribes servers are bone dry dead and lame SCP without any tanks and being banned on it, is just what the Dr. Ordered :D

Anyone see that DOTA 2 with $50,000 in Prizes?\

Maybe we can get someone to put up a pair of gGlasses and get some more players in it?

HiRez got like 10/10 and game of the year with Ascend does add prestige to the credit of Tribes and their plans for Universe, with balancing game play and bringing more of the Tribes and Tribes 2 into as goals. is impressive.

Anyways add me to your buddy list on Ascend and give me a shout here or in game please, if you ever get in for a dip!
  • Not sure if they'e ever going to do more with tribes ip or not....
  • Not sure if they'e ever going to do more with tribes ip or not....

Think they will, as it drew in 800,000 players and think they are just scheduling their productions to be spread out far enough to not overlap and of course insure they satisfy the critics...though you could, very well, be right, as they may go belly up and new owners for the IP...though I really do not see how they can sit on a game with this kind off draw and if they do on xb and ps platform, combined with PC and/or put out a browser based demo of it, to attract all users on cross platforms, so Mac uses can play online via browser would be opening some doors in the marketing dept.

Think HiRez be good place to intern and learn, if someone lived in Georgia and had the will and way!

Tribes Universe sounds better, than a TA2, though I could be wrong, however think they can adjust the physics and gameplay to be what will make everyone happy, or least the majority of T1 &T2 vets to be happy campers, in any game, as really they know they have a winner, no matter what any say's, and it is just a matter of getting the next release to satisfy those harsh critics and put the feedback to good use!
  • Def want T:U over T:A2. And yeah, I live 45 minutes from HiRez.
  • Def want T:U over T:A2. And yeah, I live 45 minutes from HiRez.
    u r the 1, had in mind for interning and if they would like a reference, let me know :D
  • Here is the results 1 of 2 reddit posts and news about next 1 and already 170 eu and a poll to vote on dates.

There is a server that has all vehicles free, reminds me of Houston Vehicles a little, if I close my eyes and meditate real hard, ohmmm

Also is 24x7 stonehenge server.

In general, I guess the maps are better imho, textures and graphics welcome changed, and Katabatic and some of the others are just as fun, now that I am learning all the various players and packs/belts and weapons and how to use them, a little.

I scored in 3rd place several times in a row , something that I do not think ever did in T2, as flag capping was not ever really where i focused at, and I passed off the flag more than ever capped, just to keep my score down, as it really did not matter...now that it does and building player up is depending, having to break out all the moves and learn the dance!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Tribes/comments/28tmrb/sponsored_by_wtfast_eu_draft_tournament_result/
  • Ran into Zero Optix and Brolly today..both of them got the best of me, several times.

Anyways, been getting little more comfortable with it and playing various roles...

The call in airstrikes, think is the big point scorer and killer.

Had one nice strike out of the few have tried so far.

My best was some spawn killing, though my spree was when was missile targeting and had a nice spot up on a hill where was locking on them, at the vpad and going after flag chasers.

The tanks are cool, cause you can drive them inside of the bases :D
  • Yeah, T:A is cool. I like it a lot. Been playing it a bit more.
  • Yeah, T:A is cool. I like it a lot. Been playing it a bit more.

will add you to my buddy list and look for you in game...

It does have some oddities...

Like how they made it when and where you change classes, it removes your deployables.
    And not being able to get in vehicle with flag
    No MPB- though drop inventory stations offset, still not the same.
    No Bombers and havocs...

The clan and player browser system gui for recruiting and joining guilds is lacking by comparison to T2...

Map size 32 max and not sure if they put out SDK to make custom maps ...or custom skins or further customize anything really like T2, with no scripts and presume less cheats and advantageous in the field, yet it would be nice, if they could bring that back and other shortcomings in next release and while adding more classes and weapons is cool I guess, as still have not even unlocked them all yet to try them all out, and really think they could just keep it simple and not have 20 different or however many spinfuser disk guns there all, to choose from, as I was fine with just 1 and knowing every one had standard issue, with exception of mine-disk-grenade scripts, for l33t MA's that a few in T2 seems to be able to do.
    8)
  • They never officially released any SKDs, however, there are some floating around made by the community. And yes, my name is rJayT2.
  • They never officially released any SKDs, however, there are some floating around made by the community. And yes, my name is rJayT2.

ok, going in now, will add you to list, brolly seems to be heavy handing things in there
  • Drama Queen much?
  • Drama Queen much?
    lol yup
  • Drama Queen much?

:o