Renegades Mod Files are in here enjoy all Original files from renwerx.com

Whoohoo!! I found all the original Renegades Mod Files from the Original Renwerx.com Website. I was driving home and was thinking how can I find the origianl files from the Renegades Mod for Tribes 2. I was wonderering if anyone caches old websites including the files I know it was a real real slim chance. When I got home I searched and Bam I don't know how I found it but this service not only cashed the old Renwerx.com Website it also cached it's files. YES ALL Renegades Mod Files. I uploaded all of them to my Google drive so here you go I hope you all Enjoy this.

Following Files Listed Below Download All files zip https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0Bw2kTwAnwA__aFFDUlh5RmF6bGM&export=download

Server Files:

Renegades 2.1b Update Server
Renegades 2.0b Server EXE With Desktop Icons
Renegades 2.0b Server EXE No Desktop Icons
Renegades 2.0b LINUX Server
Renegades 2.0A Server EXE Without Desktop Icons
Renegades 2.0A Server EXE With Desktop Icons
Renegades 2.0A Server Linux
Renegades 2.0 Server EXE Without Desktop Icons
Renegades 2.0 Server EXE With Desktop Icons
Renegades 1.0A Server EXE

Renegades Client

Renegades Client Pack v4 Windows
Renegades Client Pack v4 Linux
Renegades Client Side Pack v093 Windows
Renegades Client Side Pack v093 Linux

Renegades Map Pack

TWL Final Pack
X2 Map Pack

Comments

• I'm about to give up. Every time I run a dedicated server with the Renegades mod I get a UE I have no idea what's going on. I know Renegades mod worked after the last tribes patch. The only thing I can think of the reason the server is crashing is Because I'm running Windows 7 x64. I even tested this without the router and windows firewall off. IF anyone knows how to run this mod on windows 7 please share your steps. I'm all out of ideas......... LETS SEE WHO CAN RUN mod on windows 7 with a Dedicated SERVER.
  • I have 8.1 so I can't properly test it.
  • edited December 2014
    I'm about to give up. Every time I run a dedicated server with the Renegades mod I get a UE I have no idea what's going on. I know Renegades mod worked after the last tribes patch. The only thing I can think of the reason the server is crashing is Because I'm running Windows 7 x64. I even tested this without the router and windows firewall off. IF anyone knows how to run this mod on windows 7 please share your steps. I'm all out of ideas......... LETS SEE WHO CAN RUN mod on windows 7 with a Dedicated SERVER.
    Let me see what I can come up with later today.
    EDIT: Worked for me... connected and played a little.
  • Over the lan or wan? Dedicated or listen server?
  • Dedicated on both Windows 7 and 8.1 setup to run on port 28000, which was open.
  • Please Fix the download and give credit to the Original Renwerx Team. If you have the source you can see the names listed in the code.
    They worked hard on the mod and deserve the credit. Lol the image you have of the site I remember making that page.
  • Credit is still very important, no matter how few players comparatively play the game anymore.
  • Hello TribesNext,

We've been trying to get a Renegades server going and got it all set up with Tricon but keep getting a UE 00559ce2 about 10 sec after the server has completed loading.

Did some digging and its a reference to something to do with networking...
    here http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=1715.0;prev_next=prev
    and here https://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=3567.0

We've made sure dsos in base/classic were deleted, not renegades folder as specified. SetHighPerf(0), did the blank ChatGUI.cs thing, did the t2_lan_fix.cs thing, read all we can about it.
    Made sure specific ports are indeed open.
    We've run it in windows server 2016 and my linux vps with no luck.

Without digging too much has anyone experienced this or have any suggestion to a solution to this issue.
    Im also attaching a wine dump of the error when it crashes in wine.
  • edited January 2018
    00559CE2 specifically refers to a procedure handling asynchronous responses to a DNS lookup through the WinSock library; on Wine, my guess would be that for whatever reason it's not able to connect to a nameserver defined by the system, or it's getting an invalid response somewhere along the line. In principle you could run it with WINEDEBUG=+winsock to see if there's any useful output to determine where the problem hits, and work out from there.
    I haven't run it under Wine myself in years, and didn't have the same issue the last time I did, but the game has been known to have problems with TCP connections in Linux in the past -- I believe something a few people resorted to in working around it was just to disable the standard heartbeats and create a cron job to hit master.tribesnext.com/add/28000 every 15 minutes.

You shouldn't really be getting the same error under Windows unless it has no usable connection/nameservers.

edit: Of note, I just ran a fresh install on a clean VM with Ubuntu-16.04+Wine-3.0 and was able to get a server running without issue not having changed anything from the defaults.
  • The same exact problem occurs with Windows.
  • If that's the case, you'll want to check your network configuration; again, this specific error only occurs if there is an unexpected failure during a name lookup. If you have multiple NICs, you might need to explicitly specify $Host::BindAddress to get it on the right adapter, but outside of that it'll only be attempting to use what's provided to it by Windows.
  • Krash, Choco and I have tested this on 4 different machines, some Linux and some Windows. We've found that it has nothing to do with the OS or IP settings on the NIC. There is only a single NIC on the test machines. When we do a vanilla install of Tribes 2 (without the RC2a patch), we are able to run a Renegades server just fine without crashing. The moment we install the RC2a patch and run the Renegades server, it crashes after about 10 seconds with that UE. This is the same symptom reported by the OP.
  • Sucks lol. Runs classic fine tho, naturally.
  • The OP didn't mention when the error was encountered or the error code, meaning it could've been any of the usual culprits; yours gave the code and a timeline similar to what some WINE users had previously encountered, which suggested it could be heartbeat-related... but yeah, it's not related to the patch, which could've been ruled out had it been noted the heartbeats were confirmed.

What you're experiencing is a broken implementation in RenVerListQuery() looking up a domain name that doesn't exist: renwerx.com, resulting in the same failed response handling code being called. Given it's in DSO form, you'll need to either override the function, cancel the scheduled call, or probably even just blank out $VersionListUrl at some point after ren_functions.cs.dso loads. You can use a 0-timed schedule call in an autoexec script to have something run after all the other queued events.
  • Alternatively, consider running a local DNS resolver that lies about NX domain responses, and directs them to localhost/127.0.0.1, or some other local network address configured to close incoming network connections. T2 DNS resolving code is definitely flaky, and use of TCPObject instances in scripts can result in crashes in what would otherwise be "typical" network failure scenarios. TribesNext scripts use a lot of these, and it's possible that these instability issues are worse when there are multiple scripts making outbound connections in this manner.

Generally, the older that systems are, the more attractive "lies to children" approaches seem for keeping behavior sensible. You should probably be running things like T2 servers in virtualized sandboxes regardless at this point, because there are known code execution vulnerabilities reachable from the network message processing path. I wish there were better public tools for setting up these kinds of mirage sandboxes.
  • Thanks for the info, Krash and Thyth.

I was thinking about doing just that either by creating fake DNS entries or just buying the renwerx.com domain name from the current owner to give it an active A record again. Looks like the last owner was...well, what do you know? Nick Daum of Novanix, LLC fame. He was the founder of Plan 9, one of the oldest Renegades clans back in the day. So, would this work like I'm thinking it will?
  • Is it perhaps looking for thyths new auth server and not finding it?
  • The OP didn't mention when the error was encountered or the error code, meaning it could've been any of the usual culprits; yours gave the code and a timeline similar to what some WINE users had previously encountered, which suggested it could be heartbeat-related... but yeah, it's not related to the patch, which could've been ruled out had it been noted the heartbeats were confirmed.

What you're experiencing is a broken implementation in RenVerListQuery() looking up a domain name that doesn't exist: renwerx.com, resulting in the same failed response handling code being called. Given it's in DSO form, you'll need to either override the function, cancel the scheduled call, or probably even just blank out $VersionListUrl at some point after ren_functions.cs.dso loads. You can use a 0-timed schedule call in an autoexec script to have something run after all the other queued events.

I'm no scripter but this got it working with the functions you stated.
  • Tribes 2 and TribesNext RC2A themselves are okay under WINE. I've ran T2 that way for years.

Lookups to nonexistent domains are known to crash under certain circumstances. I'd be curious about if the DSO files can be edited to have the string table references to the now-defunct domains to read 127.0.0.1 or localhost which might sidestep the problem without the need for weird hosting environments (I believe a connection refused response might not actually trigger the crash).

Though just stubbing out the problematic functions should be good enough. By the way, that patch script above could simply read:
    package RenwerxFix
    {
        function RenVerListQuery() { }
    };

if (!isActivePackage(RenwerxFix))
        activatePackage(RenwerxFix);

If you're going to override serverCmdMissionStartPhase3Done, you should call parent before exiting which is why in this case it's probably better to stub the problematic function directly.
  • Anyone know where to get the Renegades v2.1b update? I can only seem to find v2.0b. I found a ZIP file labeled v2.1b that contains ren_scripts.vl2. However, this doesn't appear to be any different than the ren_scripts.vl2 that comes included with v2.0b.
  • Though just stubbing out the problematic functions should be good enough. By the way, that patch script above could simply read:
    package RenwerxFix
    {
        function RenVerListQuery() { }
    };

if (!isActivePackage(RenwerxFix))
        activatePackage(RenwerxFix);

This works as well.
  • Did u get a server running? I would love to play this.
  • I'm putting up a Renegades Server. I ran into the UE issue as well, and it seems to have something to do with the maps you load in, and how they render in OpenGL. Running D3D seems to fix it, but it runs like butt.

Katabatic will run fine with Renegades mod. I'm going to be testing different maps and adding the ones that don't UE to the servers rotation.
  • The error others in this thread were hitting was caused by an issue with the game's handling of connection errors; if changing the renderer helps you, it'll be something unrelated.

From your description -- assuming you're crashing on completing load of these maps -- my first guess (particularly if you have vertex lighting enabled) would be that it's related to the lighting pass and that the maps working for you have likely loaded cached versions... but it's hard to say what might be the root cause otherwise without digging into it. If it's consistently reproducible, and you note down the memory address reported in the error, it might be possible to say for sure why it's happening.