i can't log in with my account in Tribes 2 online

edited July 2016 in Support
hi every 1 i can't log in with my account in Tribes 2 online every time i write my user name and the password it says ERROR check your username \ password . days and i didn't play this game . please help me .

Comments

• hi every one i can't log in with my account in tribes 2 online every time i write my user name and the password it says ERROR check your username \ password , days and i didn't play this game . can you please help me
  • I'm able to log in, but not able to create a new account.
  • i can't fix this problem i tried and i couldn't i turned off anti virus and the firewalls and deleted the game and again and again and again and turned off my modem and again and again and again and tried another account and it still saying ERROR check password \ user name i wanted to create another account but the account server is offline . days and i didn't play the game i don't know how to fix this problem. IS THIS THE END I CAN'T PLAY TRIBES 2 ONLINE ANY MORE ?

PLEASE HELP ME
  • i can't fix this problem i tried and i couldn't i turned off anti virus and the firewalls and deleted the game and again and again and again and turned off my modem and again and again and again and tried another account and it still saying ERROR check password \ user name i wanted to create another account but the account server is offline . days and i didn't play the game i don't know how to fix this problem . IS THIS THE END I CAN'T PLAY TRIBES 2 ONLINE ANY MORE ?

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME ?
  • I CAN'T CREATE ACCOUNTS AND I CAN'T LOG IN WITH MY ACCOUNTS . HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM ?
  • CAN'T SOME 1 FIX THIS PROBLEM ?
  • edited July 2016
    PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO TAKE A LOOK AT MY PROBLEM PLEASE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km_qQ6MLfPU
  • edited July 2016
    Notice of server downtime: 2016-07-11 to ???

If the account server is offline, you won't be able to download account details to a new computer or create new accounts. You can always login with local accounts (i.e. those you'e logged in with in the past), of course, so if you do have an existing installation where your account keys are still saved, you can copy those to your new installation.
  • i tried to log in with my main account and then it said ERROR check username \ password
  • i only have 2 accounts
  • edited July 2016
    If you're using the text input field for the username, you're attempting to download credentials from the account server. This would be the only case where you'd see an error regarding the username, and the success of such an attempt would require the account server to be fully operational.

Locally stored accounts are listed via the drop-down menu, which will hide the "Account:" text input when selected, and while they can report an error due to an incorrect password, the message returned in that case is very specific to it being an incorrect password.
  • edited July 2016
    Actually i have reinstall the game before i start chatting with you, so no account is now saved in the input box (i.e no local account is saved)>>so i type both the username and the password (not only the password). every time i get (check username\password )> so how can i get access ?
  • If you still have the old installation directory available, or have an installation on another machine, you can copy the old "public.store" and "private.store" files into your new "GameData" directory. Otherwise, you'll need to either borrow existing downloaded credentials from someone with a spare account, or wait for the account server to come online.
  • I AM SORRY . what do u mean by (public.store) & (private.store) ???!! where can i get them ? :):)
  • You cannot login because you are missing the files Krash mentioned. Additionally, your video shows that the authentication server is offline.

The video I posted below can give you a general idea where to look for those file in your installation or an older one.

• thank u for your time
    actually i found that the files are not present in the gamedata file >so how can i get them >>> sorry am just a beginner :):)
  • Wait and try again tomorrow. The store files are created when you retreive your account. But if the account server is still down, you can't retreive your info until it comes back up.
  • Wait and try again tomorrow. The store files are created when you retreive your account. But if the account server is still down, you can't retreive your info until it comes back up.

Yup, the "Retrieve Account" that you first have to do actually requires the authentication server to be around for the files to download. Once you have those credentials, the login is processed totally locally (the server could be nuked at this point) and that login decrypts your credentials for use with authentication against game servers.
  • THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR HELPING ME
  • Hi guys, I just reinstalled TribesNext and I am having the same issue. Anyone have an idea when the account server will be back up?
  • Thread that had the official notification to the community was here.
    Odds are if Thyth doesn't know when it will come back up then a lot is involved in getting it restored from even an older backup.