Notice of server downtime: 2016-07-11 to 2016-09-12

edited September 2016 in Support
There appears to be a severe data corruption issue on the server I've been using to host the TribesNext account and browser systems. Login with existing accounts is unaffected, and you will continue to be able to find servers and join games.

I've taken the virtual machine hosting these TribesNext components (and just about everything else on the system) offline while I investigate the cause.

Worst case scenario would require restoration of the backup performed in August when transitioning to the new hardware.

No ETA for resolution at this time.

Edit:
Systems are back online as of 2016-09-12 at 20:00 Pacific time.

Comments

• That'll be just fine! Slush will have about 30 less accounts if you restore the old backup. :D
  • when will the account server come back ?
    No ETA for resolution at this time.
  • Hi Thyth, any update on this? I recently reinstalled...
  • I managed to track down the issue, but, I'm not yet sure how to fix it. I've also been traveling recently, so, I haven't been able to run tests to see if ideas I have to fix it work.

On the plus side, it looks like the amount of data damage looks pretty low.

I might be able to spend some time on it this week, but, I can't promise it will be back up before end of August.
  • New player here; is there any way to download account credentials or share them between people?

I can't wait until the end of August! :D (no rush though, do your thing)
  • New player here; is there any way to download account credentials or share them between people?

There is a way. You gotta find someone willing to do so, though.

Ahh interesting.

Welp, if anyone's interested let me know. Thanks.
  • Hi.

Any news / progress regarding new account creation?

I and my friend have been checking the server status page every day since the beginning of August :-)

Ahh interesting.

Welp, if anyone's interested let me know. Thanks.
    I did let a few people know, but none had any to give. I have none to give, as I only have my one account.
  • Systems should now be back online.
This discussion has been closed.