Good base servers?

2»

Comments

• Oh god, you guys actually remember HV? How about MV? :D I really wish I kept all those scripts. I'm trying to remember everything we ran.

Right now I'm trying to get a Base CTF Vehicles Server going but I can't any admin mods to work. Look for SFW Vehicle CTF as soon as I figure it out :P

Yeah we remember them, we probably talk about how much we miss them on a daily basis! welcome to the forum brother! :)

Ditto... had a lot of fun times in both servers... I miss the Humans vs Derms events!
  • :) Version2 is Base but put into high gear if you had any current knowledge at all you'd see that. Just try it unless your reflexes are to slow to play on it :P
    rb10 of ##{dggs} Fast V2
  • edited January 2009
    We need a good BASE server that is dedicated 24/7/365 i was thinking of hosting one sorta EWO style with the mods for hits head shots MA disc that sorta thing because goons is just.......sigh well you guys know LOL.

BTW if anyone is looking for a good teamspeak community that plays tribes and other games check out Power Gamers Online TS:205.250.9.39 just join up and an admin will register you and if you are a clan leader they will give you your own clan channel and admin of the channel FREE!!! just ask LOL its wickedly cool and OH!!! they will NEVER ask you for MONEY or DONATIONS EVER!! its always free!! And if anyone is hosting a server and needs teamspeak to offer their players just ask and we will get ya set up FREE we ask for nothing in return :D

P.S. V2 is a training wheel for the lame and un skilled
  • :) Version2 is Base but put into high gear if you had any current knowledge at all you'd see that. Just try it unless your reflexes are to slow to play on it :P
    rb10 of ##{dggs} Fast V2

Version 2 is shit.
    rb10 of ##{dggs} Fast V2

Version 2 is shit.
    Yeah it's actually mind-boggling how anyone could say otherwise. Version2 is Tribes put into such a low gear that even the newest newbie can play it easily.
  • As someone who never actually has set foot in a single V2 server, what are the main differences between it and base/classic?
  • As someone who never actually has set foot in a single V2 server, what are the main differences between it and base/classic?
    Jetting gives you a ton of forward momentum, so you don't have to learn how to ski properly or use the terrain in any way. Affects all armors. Newbs no long have to master anything to go fast.
    Weapons fire faster (sometimes a lot faster) and projectiles go faster. A lot of weapons do less damage as well so that newbs won't get killed as fast. Basically, newbs can spam weapons without aiming them much more easily.
    You can throw all 5 of your hands nades in less than 2 seconds. More spam.
    All the vehicles are super-powered.
    Base assets take a lot more hits to destroy and can be repaired to full health instantly. Keeps newbs from having to learn how to play defense properly.
    It's much, much slower than classic, but newbs don't realize it because they aren't good enough to go very fast in classic. Lucky for them, V2 removes all skill from the speed.
    There is no mine-disc, even though mine-disc is required to help balance the game with higher speeds. But, you can't keep newbs happy if there is a way for good players to kill them in one shot.
    Many more subtle changes that clearly are there only to make things easier for bad players.

In summary, V2 was made by a very unskilled player who tried to play with more skilled players and got owned. So, he made everything in the game super-easy so that he could still do it without actually learning how to play the game. Somehow, the idea caught on and V2 became popular.
    Jetting gives you a ton of forward momentum, so you don't have to learn how to ski properly or use the terrain in any way. Affects all armors. Newbs no long have to master anything to go fast.
    Weapons fire faster (sometimes a lot faster) and projectiles go faster. A lot of weapons do less damage as well so that newbs won't get killed as fast. Basically, newbs can spam weapons without aiming them much more easily.
    You can throw all 5 of your hands nades in less than 2 seconds. More spam.
    All the vehicles are super-powered.
    Base assets take a lot more hits to destroy and can be repaired to full health instantly. Keeps newbs from having to learn how to play defense properly.
    It's much, much slower than classic, but newbs don't realize it because they aren't good enough to go very fast in classic. Lucky for them, V2 removes all skill from the speed.
    There is no mine-disc, even though mine-disc is required to help balance the game with higher speeds. But, you can't keep newbs happy if there is a way for good players to kill them in one shot.
    Many more subtle changes that clearly are there only to make things easier for bad players.

In summary, V2 was made by a very unskilled player who tried to play with more skilled players and got owned. So, he made everything in the game super-easy so that he could still do it without actually learning how to play the game. Somehow, the idea caught on and V2 became popular.
    ooh, don't forget that when you eject out of a shrike you end up going super fast, generally killing the need for skiing at all on vehicle maps
  • You guys complain a lot about something that you aren't even going to play.

Why? Seems pretty stupid. If you like V2 you like it, if you don't you don't. Everyone can get the damn game for free so just try it out if you haven't!
  • Umm... someone asked a question, and I answered it with plain facts. It's as simple as that.
  • I like how you call them facts. Unless you are calling them politician facts, I can agree that they are facts if so. Besides that, I wasn't just talking about you.
  • I like how you call them facts. Unless you are calling them politician facts, I can agree that they are facts if so. Besides that, I wasn't just talking about you.
    lol, ok, if they aren't facts, then dispute them.

This should be entertaining.
  • Reread what I said chief. You claimed plain facts. I claim they are not plain facts.
  • Wher's the popcorn emoticon?
  • In V2 you can kill someone with the blaster in five seconds.

Nuff said.
  • Reread what I said chief. You claimed plain facts. I claim they are not plain facts.
    So the bottom line is, you agree that it is all true.

You could have just said that in the first place.
  • ... and in classic you can mine disc, so what's your point? :o
  • Let me use an analogy to describe version2.

Sometimes you really have to poop. So you go to the washroom and sit down on the toilet. Maybe you read the newspaper or a few pages of your novel. Your poop comes out more or less in one piece and with a satisfying sploosh it drops into the bowl. It stinks but nobody minds the smell of their own brand. You get a clean wipe and feel relaxed. A good poop can set up your whole day. That's base (or classic, depending on which you prefer).

On the other hand, sometimes you get a messy poop that splatters all over the place and comes out like one of those slushies you get at 7-11 only warm. A disturbing mix of liquid and chunky bits that you don't know what they are and aren't sure you even want to know. You definitely don't get a clean wipe as you struggle to clean yourself up, and you're never quite at ease for the rest of the day. The inside of the toilet looks (and smells) like somebody violated the Geneva conventions and what's worse, you just realized you're out of toilet paper. That's version2.
  • Thanks for that awesome description I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.that kinda reminds me of tribes venga ::)nce.
  • Thanks for that awesome description I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.that kinda reminds me of tribes venga ::)nce.

Hahahahahaha!

NA85, you are off tha chain! :D
  • I would loooove a good base server.

As a former T2er who didn't know anything other than base, I'm having some trouble getting into the classic mod. I didn't play T1, so the mine discing, lack of vehicles, and break neck capping speed just isn't really my style. It's not terrible, but it's just not the same as the T2 I remembered.

Version 2 is an abomination. Nothing more to be said than that.

Aren't the "variant" servers essentially base servers? I seem to remember that being the case, and the one arena variant server certainly feels like base. All of the variant CTF servers have bots on them, and I think that scares people off more than anything.

If the Goon server lowered it's #s to 36ish and then started a separate base server that would be awesome.
  • Yeah variant = base. I think it's only called "base" if you don't have any maps/scripts/etc. installed... i.e. it's the game as is on the disc.
  • I saw a couple base CTF servers on but they're full of bots. I find that bots really scare off players. Its hard to get a good game going when the server is half full of bots.

So to those of your hosting base servers, remove the bots and lets see if we can get some REAL Tribes 2 going.
  • So to those of your hosting base servers, remove the bots and lets see if we can get some REAL Tribes 2 going.

amen!
    I never join a server if there are bots.
  • Bots kill gameplay!