!!!AN GREAT IDEA FOR TRIBENEXT!!!

Wats up im OG_Gutta or just Gutta for short. Im kinda new to the website and this is my first post and i hav great ideas on how we can expand tribes 2 and the tribesnext website. ok we all kno that tribes 2 is the GREATEST game ever created and not many people kno of it because of the lack of advertisment rite? Well if we could get a vast amount of the tribesnext community to just spread the word bout tribes 2 and the website we could get more people to play then we could start having leagues and and competitions again. For the newbloods who are clueless in how to play, if some experienced players or vets could maybe create a step by step video tutorial and post it up on youtube and create a link in tribesnext newbloods section (im bout to get into that in a lil bit), we could possiby lower the steep learnin curve for the newbloods and so that way they jux wont quit playin tribes 2 because they cant play as well as the more exp player, ya fell me? Oh yea for the website we could mabye create a newbloods section for newbloods about general info gamplay, weapon, vehicals. ect. That way they wont just go into the tribes 2 clueless on how to play, you dig? But yea i got plenty mor ideas, these r only a few. I'd like to hear on wat you think about my idea so plz reply.

Comments

• Impenetrable wall of text is impenetrable
  • Extreme textwall, here's what I gleaned from it.

OP is new to the site, and this is the first post (clearly). OP has great ideas on how we can expand the T2 community.

OP suggests that we all advertise TribesNext and Tribes 2 to everyone we know. If we do this, OP surmises that we will get enough people back to form leagues and actual competition.

OP suggests that the newbie problem could be solved by the experienced players making step-by-step video tutorials and make a "TribesNext Newbloods" section to post them in. OP further believes this will lower Tribes' famously steep learning curve, encouraging newbies to keep playing, rather than have their asses deliciously handed to them by more experienced players.

OP suggests that "we" (I assume OP means TribesNext.com) create a newbie section with information about general gameplay, weapons, vehicles, etc. OP believes this will result in newbies not entering games without any idea how to play.

OP has more ideas, but would like to hear reactions to these.

First up, the advertising. I don't think it's too unreasonable to posit that everyone here on TribesNext is getting the word out to fellow gamers. I know I've been trying (got maybe one, but he's taking it nice and slow getting adjusted). The correlation that more players == more competition is, however, being actively proven false. Goon Haven is proof of that.

Second, newbies. It riles me a bit to be in the middle of a game and have someone cry out on global chat "how do i used repair pack???" or "how do i change loadout???" (number of trailing question marks variable). These are basic concepts that, I believe, any player should have a grasp of if they would just play the %#@&ing Training missions. Laptop players have an excuse for about two seconds, laptops often not coming with a dedicated numpad, which runs out as soon as you point them to the control mapping screen.

The cynic, and realist, in me also notes that even if the veterans made tutorial videos, if a newbie won't sit through the Training missions, why would they watch a video with basically the exact same content?

As for a "newbie section" containing general info on the game, we have one, it's called http://www.tribes2wiki.com/
  • thx kamishizuka for clearing up my post for me. I just read it and now i c wat u mean by "Extreme textwall".
  • What we need is more pub players. People who compete like to look down their noses at pubs but that's where everybody started.
  • I think it would be funny if a server admin could identify who's being a real idiot, then forcibly switch the teams so the non-idiots are on one team, the idiots on the other, and just let the frustrated former teammates, and the former enemy, beat the everloving crap out of them. Yeah that opens up for serious admin abuse, but that's where quality admins should come in.

We possibly do need more pub players, but I think we should spread the population around a little so everyone's not clustered on Goon Haven or Branzone. Give us maybe five servers (maybe including the aforementioned ones) with lots of players, and we could possibly stabilize the playerbase so we don't have newbies running away because some people can't get their acts together.
  • I think it would be funny if a server admin could identify who's being a real idiot, then forcibly switch the teams so the non-idiots are on one team, the idiots on the other, and just let the frustrated former teammates, and the former enemy, beat the everloving crap out of them. Yeah that opens up for serious admin abuse, but that's where quality admins should come in.

We possibly do need more pub players, but I think we should spread the population around a little so everyone's not clustered on Goon Haven or Branzone. Give us maybe five servers (maybe including the aforementioned ones) with lots of players, and we could possibly stabilize the playerbase so we don't have newbies running away because some people can't get their acts together.

That's the best idea I've heard in a long time. Only problem would be what happens when teams aren't even and you have 8 dick heads and 8 good guys on one team and 16 good guys on the other. Screw even teams? LOL!
  • dude, what you said is exactly what we're doing, aside from the tutorial part. but trust me, i think most of us are trying our best to spread the word and tell former tribe-mates about T2N
  • Well I have an idea how to find a quick fix for the "no tribes in Tribes 2 :( " problem. But due to the fackt that I have no idea of how a forum is run and moderated it might be a realy stupid idea ( I hope that this sentence will keep ppl from unleashing theyr fury at me )

The idea: lets simply add a section similar to a RPG forum. You can create tribes there and you can join them. Joining a tribe will give you acsess to a special section of the tribe with topics about the team strategies, roles, rankings, general discussion... stuff like that. Also leading a tribe will give you options to admin your tribe section.

Example: I make a tribe called "tribename". Then I will get a section in the "guilds" section of this site named "tribename". I will be abel to delete or edit posts and topics in the "tribename" section.
    Other users won't be abel to acsess the "tribename" section unless they join my tribe. When they join my tribe then they get acsess to the "tribename" section and will be abel to create topics and post in other topics in the "tribename" section. They will not be abel to delete or edit topics and posts created by others.
    If anyone wants to join my tribe then he/she will have to ask for an invitation or something like that. (a realy good option would be if I can simply add or remove names to a list wich determines who is in my tribe and who is not)

Thats the basic idea.
    It sounds like it wouldnt be a hard task... but as I sayd, I don't know anything about these things.
  • did u just say "guild"?

• That's the best idea I've heard in a long time. Only problem would be what happens when teams aren't even and you have 8 dick heads and 8 good guys on one team and 16 good guys on the other. Screw even teams? LOL!

Well yeah :P
    If the admin is taking the effort to separate the blatant morons from the people just trying to play, then to hell with even teams. Get the morons on one, everyone on the other, and have at it :P

As for a forum section specifically for creating tribes, I'm unsure how feasible that would be with this forum system. Subforums might work, but as far as I know, only admins are able to make subforums under any system. Overall, usergroups and subforums would probably end up the best way to carry that out, but the privileges required to make it happen are usually on a much higher level than the vanilla user, and I don't remember if (having had experience adminning Invision boards) you can limit mod power to one section...

I meant "tribes" ... sry if I offended you.
  • Well I have an idea how to find a quick fix for the "no tribes in Tribes 2 :( " problem. But due to the fackt that I have no idea of how a forum is run and moderated it might be a realy stupid idea ( I hope that this sentence will keep ppl from unleashing theyr fury at me )

The idea: lets simply add a section similar to a RPG forum. You can create tribes there and you can join them. Joining a tribe will give you acsess to a special section of the tribe with topics about the team strategies, roles, rankings, general discussion... stuff like that. Also leading a tribe will give you options to admin your tribe section.

Example: I make a tribe called "tribename". Then I will get a section in the "guilds" section of this site named "tribename". I will be abel to delete or edit posts and topics in the "tribename" section.
    Other users won't be abel to acsess the "tribename" section unless they join my tribe. When they join my tribe then they get acsess to the "tribename" section and will be abel to create topics and post in other topics in the "tribename" section. They will not be abel to delete or edit topics and posts created by others.
    If anyone wants to join my tribe then he/she will have to ask for an invitation or something like that. (a realy good option would be if I can simply add or remove names to a list wich determines who is in my tribe and who is not)

Thats the basic idea.
    It sounds like it wouldnt be a hard task... but as I sayd, I don't know anything about these things.

Rofl @ Guild!
  • edited January 2009
    But due to the fackt that I have no idea
    it might be a realy stupid idea

http://www.nonstopenglish.com/quickstart/

I hear it's free, and has a 75% success rate.
  • But due to the fackt that I have no idea
    it might be a realy stupid idea

http://www.nonstopenglish.com/quickstart/

I hear it's free, and has a 75% success rate.

I quess I have to give it a try :(
  • i quess so :x

/sorry
  • this really is AN GREAT IDEA!
  • this really is AN GREAT IDEA!

I speak inglish goodly! ;)
  • i is speakings englishings finings.

Shall we all quest for the enemy flag?

;D
  • Nah I have a lot of grinding to do before I can use heavy armor
  • Perhaps I can persuade you to buy this mortar launcher for a hundred gold
  • [quote author=TheOracle[xXx] link=topic=347.msg3245#msg3245 date=1232735932]
    did u just say "guild"?

Shall we all quest for the enemy flag?

;D
    [/quote]

LMAO
  • :P

So the idea with making forum based tribes was s***?
  • roll d20 to ski?
  • 5d20 for a midair, you need four 20s D: