Defense Turret

Is DT Not running on these servers? Because it sounds to me like a Happy Mod 2 fun fest?

DaRk=BaN?
Bust a Nut

Comments

• No and No.

Enjoy! ;D
  • Yah, it is a aimbot fest out there... it really sucks.

Luckily Thyth is a god, and is probably working on standard issue server protection.
  • So were saying that HM2 is a go then? lawl.... If you start seeing random people just whoring pubs with l33t 2000+m sniper shots, and not ever missing a SLANCE.... Chainguning at PERMA IFF's from thousand's of meters away....

No offense but if you want to launch tribes, and not kill it, RUN the freaking anti cheat.... Otherwise, Hm2 will do what it did last time, and drive a freaking nail in every pub server out there...
  • Why havent SERVER ADMINS, just started installing it on there servers? And Tribes Next is stupid for not packaging DT with there Tribes Download, or with there patch.
  • edited January 2009
    Oh I see why, they broke DT support, by installing Ruby Inter... I sometimes wonder if people ever stop before they do stuff...

Honestly, Tribes Next, I appreciate what you've done in re launch the game, but surely, you could think a little better...

What killed T1? Happy Mod... What killed T2? Happy Mod 2.... well and vengance....

Cheaters, have plagued this game for so long, DT came out, and suddnely teams that were amazing were no longer good... I know probabl 40-50 players that would honestly, come back to playing T2 IF.... DT was supported... That should have been your absolutely first priority after getting a master server online, is "how do I intergrate anti cheat" like EVERY other game on the market...

This game has had enough half assed attempts, to "come back" that if you guys are going to do it, which you are... please do it right, the majority of the REAL t2 community already has sour tounges from previous attempts.

DaRk=BaN?
    Bust a Nut....
  • Give them time to work on something. Better off with a client built into the game itself than having it run seperatly at this point. Installing DT and seperating people this early will only force people not to play, lets try to gather as many faces as possible?

Wait for the updates?
  • Dark, do you see what it says in the Info page? At the bottom above "Download" it says, Beta.

Do you know what Beta means? When applied to software?

It means incomplete, use at own risk, buggy, not the finished product.

Right now, their priority is stabilization.

If you have a problem with it, ask Thyth to add in a built-in DT-like patch to the exe, sooner.
  • Is DT Not running on these servers? Because it sounds to me like a Happy Mod 2 fun fest?

DaRk=BaN?
    Bust a Nut
    Oh I see why, they broke DT support, by installing Ruby Inter... I sometimes wonder if people ever stop before they do stuff...

Honestly, Tribes Next, I appreciate what you've done in re launch the game, but surely, you could think a little better...

What killed T1? Happy Mod... What killed T2? Happy Mod 2.... well and vengance....

Cheaters, have plagued this game for so long, DT came out, and suddnely teams that were amazing were no longer good... I know probabl 40-50 players that would honestly, come back to playing T2 IF.... DT was supported... That should have been your absolutely first priority after getting a master server online, is "how do I intergrate anti cheat" like EVERY other game on the market...

This game has had enough half assed attempts, to "come back" that if you guys are going to do it, which you are... please do it right, the majority of the REAL t2 community already has sour tounges from previous attempts.

DaRk=BaN?
    Bust a Nut....

http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=150.0
    http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=41.0
    http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=123.0
    http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=36.45
  • I've been working on various bug-fixes in the native code that I added to the game. I have rudimentary cheat neutralization in the development version which will be part of the RC2 release. Naturally, people who are capable of analyzing executable code to the sophistication necessary to build a hack like HM2 will be able to find a way around it, but that was the case with Defense Turret too. It will stop the script bunnies who just download/run/hope it works, though.
  • lol @ this thread
  • Oh I see why, they broke DT support, by installing Ruby Inter... I sometimes wonder if people ever stop before they do stuff...

DaRk=BaN?
    Bust a Nut....

It's funny that you find a way to criticize this to that extent, yet you probably don't know how this was made..
    Not everyone does something perfectly every time. This patch was made FIRST and FOREMOST to allow online play of Tribes2. When building a house, do you stop the ceiling from leaking before you even have it? No. You make the frame, the basic structure of the house, then you add the walls, ceiling, floor, and all that other stuff before you waterproof it...
    Think before you ramble off senseless worries of "Why isn't there anti-hack?" It's not going to help, make suggestions and help sort out problems, but don't just get out of line and get angry at the makers 'Because it doesn't work perfectly'...
  • Give them time to work on something. Better off with a client built into the game itself than having it run seperatly at this point. Installing DT and seperating people this early will only force people not to play, lets try to gather as many faces as possible?

Wait for the updates?

I support this sentiment.

Oh and are you the same spinal that made the file menu for the ds?
  • Dt was hacked anyway so it's false hope to use it.
  • DT was a flawed concept from the start.
  • edited July 2010
    It's been a year and about 6 months since this thread started. So is there something to take its place? I play on the only populated server (no bots) and it sucks to be one of the only ones not running a cheat.

(the following is stolen from someone, that is also asking for a fix, who is not me)
    Anyway, there are FEW good players in goons to speak of since questionable scripts are rampant in that server. Things like auto points, mortar script, revenge way points, no fog (seen some one using that today) and many other what I consider to be cheating scripts.

At this point, I think there are some very good players in goons that I think are not using cheater scripts. However, like I said there are VERY FEW (under 10 people). We all may have hated EWO but at least they had a handle on it where as in goons its just open season for cheater scripts.

Some of you may have been wondering why some person can drop mortars accurately at 400+ meters? well there is a script that puts a line above peoples head and you put your mortar reticle at the top of that line and you will hit every time. This to me is cheating there is no use of skill when you are just aiming where the script tells you to aim.

When you watch these videos, they make look closely at the target and you will see that mortar line.
  • It's been a year and about 6 months since this thread started. So is there something to take its place? I play on the only populated server (no bots) and it sucks to be one of the only ones not running a cheat.

(the following is stolen from someone, that is also asking for a fix, who is not me)
    Anyway, there are FEW good players in goons to speak of since questionable scripts are rampant in that server. Things like auto points, mortar script, revenge way points, no fog (seen some one using that today) and many other what I consider to be cheating scripts.

At this point, I think there are some very good players in goons that I think are not using cheater scripts. However, like I said there are VERY FEW (under 10 people). We all may have hated EWO but at least they had a handle on it where as in goons its just open season for cheater scripts.

Some of you may have been wondering why some person can drop mortars accurately at 400+ meters? well there is a script that puts a line above peoples head and you put your mortar reticle at the top of that line and you will hit every time. This to me is cheating there is no use of skill when you are just aiming where the script tells you to aim.

When you watch these videos, they make look closely at the target and you will see that mortar line.

I lol'd at this, you are aware of beacon reticles, correct?

one could drop a beacon in a spawn area. It draws a line from the beacon to where you need to shoot to hit it, that was a feature of the game since it came out.
  • Recordings, or it didn't happen.

A lot of the EWO players were/are pretty mediocre. In all of the times I've played on Goon Haven recently, I haven't seen anyone with inhuman abilities. A lot of people have been playing this game for a long time, and consequently are pretty good.

More frequently than not, the people complaining about other players using hacks are just sour after getting their ass handed to them. Goon Haven has a strict policy of requiring recordings of suspicious behavior; it's there for good reason.

But yes, if it makes you people feel better, a more complete version of the anticheat is forthcoming in the next patch.
  • to anyone reading this not directed at 1 person:

sorry to burst ya'll bubbles but i been playing tribes since Tribes the original, strictly played competitively on TWL and i closed beta tested Vengeance. so this game is not new to me. i just don't post on here much, i know what is possible and what is not.

and i am NOT going to Demo every single game i play, unless you want to buy me an extra HD then sure. but when someone is flyign away from you and you are zoomed into them and they are also facing away from you then a laser comes out of their ass and head-shots you from over 400m then come on.

or how about when you are cloaked and you are positive no one has seen you and you haven't been on any radar but when you are about to crest a hill (your triangle has not crested the hill yet) someone 200m off lobs a mortars directly on your head. once sure luck but continuously... i think not.

Or someone that is on a map with fog like quagmire that is able to pick off people (not carrying the flag) over 400m away, once sure luck but continuously... i think not.

P.S.
    Phantom139: L2Read

Thyth: the anti-cheat will show who is legit and who isn't once the new patch comes out. you will notice people that were amazing all of a sudden suck. the same thing happened when TWL required DT in all ladder matches.
  • and i am NOT going to Demo every single game i play,
    If you're not willing to demo and help us ban cheaters, well then, don't complain. Complaining only pisses people off and makes them not want to listen to you. If you want us to watch someone whom you believe is cheating, don't be afraid to let us know on our forums.
    but when someone is flyign away from you and you are zoomed into them and they are also facing away from you then a laser comes out of their ass and head-shots you from over 400m then come on.
    I've played on Goon Haven ever since the beginning of TribesNext. I've blown many hours away on my regular account and on my smurf accounts, and I've yet to see this happen. Actually, shooting anywhere but from your muzzlepoint is impossible unless someone with console access to the server had changed it for them.
    or how about when you are cloaked and you are positive no one has seen you and you haven't been on any radar but when you are about to crest a hill (your triangle has not crested the hill yet) someone 200m off lobs a mortars directly on your head. once sure luck but continuously... i think not.
    I cloak frequently, and I've only seen one guy do this. We busted him a couple nights later after someone sent in a recording.
    Or someone that is on a map with fog like quagmire that is able to pick off people (not carrying the flag) over 400m away, once sure luck but continuously... i think not.
    Perhaps you should demo it next time.
  • and i am NOT going to Demo every single game i play, unless you want to buy me an extra HD then sure. but when someone is flyign away from you and you are zoomed into them and they are also facing away from you then a laser comes out of their ass and head-shots you from over 400m then come on.

ive seen this kind of thing happen in a ut game, like tribes vengeance where its an every day occurance, I would be zoomed in on someone 500m away and he wouldnt even be looking my way and pop headshot im dead oh well

as far as im concerned ut is a horrid engine with horrid gamestate tracking and netork code, but i have never once seen this in t1 or t2 ever unless it was caused by packet loss or other network issues, and i have been playing since 98

this may be due to autopoints and it may be due to randomness, but even if it is due to autopoints you were in someones sensor net so oh well stay out of ppls sensor nets

once again, autopoints, and if the game was brought up to 2010 thered be no fog at all and this wouldnt bother anyone, but since there are people who think fog is good then its not going away when it should

as always, just my opinion
  • also, people batch about ip and hm2, but ip is really only good for high pingers, and hm2 is still relatively rare

if you cant get away from some guy chaining you with a ping of 250 even with ip, you deserve to die

the stand alone aimbot for t2 is laggy and takes massive amounts of cpu time so its worthless unless you are like in a wheelchair or something, the aimbot in hm2 is laggy and isnt very good either but it does work, happy said it was a proof of concept so its not polished either, so in all worrying about hm2, ip, and so on is pretty pointless

you figure youd batch about the endless mortar spam, mine disks, one shot sl kills, and other weakness that passes for day after day play at goons
  • I love when people use the line "I know what is possible and what is not", and then in the same post claim to have seen someone do something that isn't possible even with cheats.

I have a suspicion that this guy is yet another The|Sniper smurf. Mainly because he posted a quote from that moron in his first reply to this thread. Let's not forget what The|Sniper is like; he literally thinks everyone better than him has to be cheating, and even makes up cheats and accuses people of having them. This guy's points have a striking similarity, and so does his typing style.
  • I love when people use the line "I know what is possible and what is not", and then in the same post claim to have seen someone do something that isn't possible even with cheats.

I have a suspicion that this guy is yet another The|Sniper smurf. Mainly because he posted a quote from that moron in his first reply to this thread. Let's not forget what The|Sniper is like; he literally thinks everyone better than him has to be cheating, and even makes up cheats and accuses people of having them. This guy's points have a striking similarity, and so does his typing style.
    sherlockholmes.jpg
  • Recording a single match on Goon Haven would take under 100 kB of disk space. You've downloaded more data by viewing this thread.

If you play for 5 hours or so, you might reach a few megabytes. That's sure to be hugely taxing on multi-gigabyte or terabyte hard drives.

Demo, or don't bring it up.
  • The shooting out of the ass is completely possible - AS A CLIENT-SIDE GRAPHICAL GLITCH ON TSURANI'S COMPUTER.

I've recorded every match I've played in the last 5 years without any HDD problems (and T2 demo's take up only a small percentage of my storage space).

I've seen this before, while other people were whining about cheaters, I actually caught one (with a demo).

People like Tsurani know that cheating is rare and that the people they accuse aren't really cheating. That's why Tsurani et al. asks that we take HIS WORD for it, even though he could easily demo. The truth is, he knows he's spewing lies, and he just wants to whine enough that people will let him ban whoever he wants.

Not only do I have no sympathy for him, but I strongly dislike him since he's trying to hurt what's left of the T2 community and doesn't mind hurting the reputation of innocent players to get his way.
  • brings to mind the glitch i saw carrying a flag once, was in the crouch position as like unto when riding the gravbike, yet skiing along

i chalked it up to having set the priority for t2 to realtime or high, always a bad idea, and if you play thusly you shall find out for yourself

above normal pri is all one needs for t2
  • There are mods that allow that.
  • let me guess ... mods written by qing?