Goon Haven - News, Info, Etc

Comments

• And if the map is "supposed" to be foggy for effect, still increase it...
    If we need fog to help struggling graphics cards, leave that to the clientside View Distance slider.

Please? :)
  • Well said.
  • That's not funny I cried when I had to throw my Voodoo 3 3000 in a landfill.
  • *lights a candle for Flyingbox's card*

Just got off a short run of Desiccator. Now that's a map that needs less fog. Near impossible to bomb right.
  • Use the command circuit to mark the enemy vpad/whatever other locations you want to bomb with waypoints.

Also, "lot's of fog" is kind of the entire point with Dessicator, like it or not because of that, which is why I'd also be vary to increase the view distance on any map that has fog as a part of a gameplay element in any manner (will be much easier to spot enemy bombers etc).

But yeah, on the already mostly clear ones, I see no harm in increasing the view distance.
  • Use the command circuit to mark the enemy vpad/whatever other locations you want to bomb with waypoints.
    Marking with waypoints is fine and all for knowing where you're going, but you still rely on that little red crosshair to actually make your shot, and because it tracks on the ground, which is generally below the fog line at a safe bombing altitude on Desiccator and others, you can't see the crosshair (or at least I can't) in order to time your shot.
    If there's a script out there that makes the bombing crosshair always visible, regardless of fog, I'm listening.
  • 32 man back down until i can squash these evolution mod bugs :(
  • Please open maps up fogwise, either by editing old maps or when you make new ones. 250 to 450 meter visual distance is retarded in 2009. No one runs a voodoo card anymore, so set the visual range to 600 or 700 or even more. Please.

Server mods, please don't do this.

Fog is not only a graphics thing. It's a gameplay thing.
  • Fog is part of the tribes 2 atmosphere.
  • It would be cool if you'd keep stats on your server. =)
  • 800 meter visual distance pls.
  • Hi. I don't like fog.

If fog in the game cannot naturally occur in game like it does IRL and roll around the maps, I do not understand the purpose of fog and don't care why we have it.

Secondly, I see far too many flags IRL which I cannot always take back to my base. This capture the flag system confuses me very much. Can we please change flag to another system for my purpose of not stealing flags from people?

kthxbye
  • Also, "lot's of fog" is kind of the entire point with Dessicator, like it or not because of that, which is why I'd also be vary to increase the view distance on any map that has fog as a part of a gameplay element in any manner (will be much easier to spot enemy bombers etc).
    Fog is part of the tribes 2 atmosphere.
    Yes. Fog is integral to many maps.
    But yeah, on the already mostly clear ones, I see no harm in increasing the view distance.
    Among other points, fog stops ridiculously long-range snipes . Imagine how much Surreal would get fucked up if fog was reduced.

LEAVE FOG ALONE KTHX
  • 900 meters
  • Fog should be left alone. The fog is part of the gameplay, not just a graphics thing. Please don't fuck around with fog.

Other than the simple stats that are shown by the Evolution mod? Is there a different stat tracker you're looking for?

Other than the simple stats that are shown by the Evolution mod? Is there a different stat tracker you're looking for?

Most used Voice Command.

Most used Voice Command.

It would be evenly spread between the taunts, methinks. Or [VGS Shazbot].
  • edited January 2009
    Your helpful admin team:
    thebeaz
    theJuice
    KillerMojo
    Oplem
    silsor
    Varkas
    madjdmyo
    Rufus_J_Squirrel

screen1_thumb.jpg
  • Do those global messages still lag the crap out of servers? Haven't seen them used in awhile.
  • Do those global messages still lag the crap out of servers? Haven't seen them used in awhile.

No, they don't lag they're just obnoxious when you're trying to, I don't know...play the game.

Yeah. I was actually given a really nice parser written in Perl, that I cleaned up a little, but I've since lost it in the years inbetween. It did individual, clan, match, and map stats for a single server. It was written by VisualEcho for the AnnArbor server back when T2 was first released. If no one knows of anything like this still available, maybe we could put together a little group to work on it and distribute it to the various server admins.

EDIT: The output was uploaded to the server website via a cron job. It was very nice.
  • On a side note, Fling should have admin on every server.

Seriously. I'm sure everyone who's met him will vouch for this.
  • Agreed.

Teratos =D
  • Hello,

I would like for the owners, moderators to look into admin Opelum* (i think that is the spelling)

I love your server but he found it amusing to spam global admin chat for about 3 straight maps. I understand if there is something that is worth saying to type it in admin chat, but this guy was just spamming away on it. Trivial, maybe, but quite annoying.

There have been other admins that did a great job. This guy makes the other admins look bad and put a damper on the gameplay for about 3 maps. (almost 2 hours straight)

Just wanted to give you guys feed back.

Love the server keep up the good work.

Thanks,
    ReD
  • Thank you, Redeye and others. I have spoken to him and while he may still be a little more vocal or aggressive than some of the other admins, I have told him to tone it down a lot.
  • Goon Haven 32 is back up!

100% Custom Map Rotation

Please hop on that server and help test the maps! If everything works out, I will move them to the 64 man.
  • Oplem = public enemy #1

(#2 is infierno)
  • holy crap i think i just figured out why evo was screwing up. if so, i'm a huge dummy.
  • You REALLY REALLY need to get some active admins during the evening.