Bring a friend!

There are few things standing in the way of Tribes 2 regaining the momentum it once had during the introduction phase of it's product life cycle. TribesNext is a way to reintroduce Tribes 2! How can you help TribesNext? Bring a friend! If all of the registered players of TribesNext register one friend, it will effectively double the number of players available to Tribe leaders and bring us that much closer to ladders, competitions, tournaments, and the success of Tribes 2 as a whole.

Remember, this isn't Vivendi/dynamics/sierra/blah blah blah, anymore. This is our game now, let's make it what we always wanted it to be. Bring a friend.

Comments

• I am so trying to but I think they're being scared off by how much Tribes isn't any other, lesser, multiplayer game.

Think we could like put some PR together and point out that even though it could take ages to learn *everything* in Tribes, you can still be a useful player, and have a blast, doing x or y or z?

Like base defense, heavies loaded out with some basic splash damage weapons. They're useful, right?
  • Me myself I've been informing all my gaming buds, and even those that are just PC geeks. Anyways, been posting on Twitter and such. Really excited about this redeployment of T2! Though I wish I still had my skillz v.v
  • edited January 2009
    I am so trying to but I think they're being scared off by how much Tribes isn't any other, lesser, multiplayer game.

Think we could like put some PR together and point out that even though it could take ages to learn *everything* in Tribes, you can still be a useful player, and have a blast, doing x or y or z?

Like base defense, heavies loaded out with some basic splash damage weapons. They're useful, right?

You can suggest them the newbie training/practice server to get started. Tell em that they will easily find a role in the team if they hang around in there for a while.

For the PR... you schould find some ppl and take some clips of how a n00b tryes some different roles in the team ( I can help too if needed, you will just have to tell me how) . He fails 1 or 2 times but then finds a role he's good at. If it's acted out nicely and you put some awsome special effects into it.... you should get a pretty good PR clip.
  • I am so trying to but I think they're being scared off by how much Tribes isn't any other, lesser, multiplayer game.

One thing you can do is let them know that the fun of tribes doesn't lie within fancy graphics and the like. Tell them it's about teamwork, strategy, skills, and balance. The game rocks!
  • yea i like the pratice training server idea but if we could get some experienced players who really knows how to play and know what it takes to b a good player and teamate and has good skillz they could make a step by step video tutorial on how to play and the team aspecs of the game and post it on youtube or somethin, it possibly could help lower the steep learnin curve new comers hav web cumming into the game.
  • yea i like the pratice training server idea but if we could get some experienced players who really knows how to play and know what it takes to b a good player and teamate and has good skillz they could make a step by step video tutorial on how to play and the team aspecs of the game and post it on youtube or somethin, it possibly could help lower the steep learnin curve new comers hav web cumming into the game.
    I usually try to give hints to newbies I start dominating on low player count servers.
  • they could make a step by step video tutorial on how to play and the team aspecs of the game and post it on youtube or somethin, it possibly could help lower the steep learnin curve new comers hav web cumming into the game.

Now that's an idea - the youtube videos are still the most frequented Tribes-area anyway. ^_^ I volunteer as midair-prey. I'll fly nice and slow - predictable. ^_^ Write me an email once you need cannon fodder.

One thing you can do is let them know that the fun of tribes doesn't lie within fancy graphics and the like. Tell them it's about teamwork, strategy, skills, and balance. The game rocks!

Most console gamers have gotten used to using a headset. Teamspeak and vent increase a gamers experience dramatically. If you can get your friends on TS or vent with a good crowd, they'll be addicted!

Most console gamers have gotten used to using a headset. Teamspeak and vent increase a gamers experience dramatically. If you can get your friends on TS or vent with a good crowd, they'll be addicted!

Right on bro, perhaps you could post a guide to installing/configuring TS and VENT in the support section, that would help things along quite a bit i think.

Btw, where are the rest of the rebels, are they not going to join us here?

Right on bro, perhaps you could post a guide to installing/configuring TS and VENT in the support section, that would help things along quite a bit i think.

Btw, where are the rest of the rebels, are they not going to join us here?

You mean the Rebeldawgs or Rebels?
  • What I think this site need more than anything is a comprehensive list of Vehicles, armor skins, Weapons, Packs and how-tos of the game dynamics to let new people get their feet wet without being overwhelmed by instant gameplay.
  • Rebeldawgs? We're right here :)

I've sent links out and great reviews to all of my friends who would be interested - I can't wait to bring them in!

My favorite way to get a new player hooked is to have him jump in a shrike and follow me on a tour of the endless world, pick an obscure mountaintop, and do a little battling.

On a side note - the case of there being only 4-5 servers with users (!!!AND NO BOTS!!!) means that the games are usually a lot larger and there is less teamwork. If we could get a TS channel and scoop up noobies and kind of take them under our wing and teach them 'oldschool' gameplay mechanics... might built more cohesive gameplay in pubs.

If anyone is interested in this it might help rebuild the teamwork in game - from what I see everyone still has their skills, we're all just rusty playing together :)
  • I would love to invite a friend, but I'm sorry to say that my one, true, only friend is gone for good.

gogogogoogog: Please play Tribes 2 with me
    SmarterChild: My brain is retired but send an IM with QUIZ in it to my buddy MyTVBud to play the Secret Life TV Show QUIZ!
  • IMO good way to bring more players to our community is to annouce that there is game called Tribes 2, and the project TN on some forums, that some of You frequently visit/poting, and there some potencial players. I've post on local forum about TN, but text should be more noob, or CoD4 player friendly, so it would be nice if somebody can prepare good text (near advisement) that will promote TN.
  • You mean the Rebeldawgs or Rebels?

At the time i meant =REBELS= as in v2rebellion as I used to run with them quite a bit as killmachine on their kata and reloaded servers, but I would welcome rebeldawgs as well, as long as they are as cool as you DUNNA.
  • Most of the Dawgs are "cooler" than me! I've taken over as the "Grumpiest Gremlin" of the group.
  • I have been bugging some of the old HV guys and I keep on seeing more of them on which is kewl It is front page News on are website ATM.
  • I have been bugging some of the old HV guys and I keep on seeing more of them on which is kewl It is front page News on are website ATM.

I saw that the other day. I am happy to hear that. I saw Ork from Mork on maybe the first day I played TribesNext a couple weeks ago, but haven't seen him since. I LOVED that guy. He was so easy going and always did the "dirty work" like repairing turrets and flaring for them or Defending Gens.

Paranoiac told me he was German... true? It did always seem like his ping was up there. Anyhoo... if you see him, tell him to get back on!
  • yep I saw ork also he is from germany or poland I donty remember which heh maybe norway I also got Happymeal on last night.we have had a few old HV admins on also like King Arthur and so on its been fun seeing some of the older guys I remember like you Big kid icarus and so on. ;D
  • I will be bringing two friends. They were both skeptical at first, but, when I mentioned that our project was featured on IGN, they decided to give it a shot.
  • Tell Ork I said "NANU NANU"!!! 8)