Bot poseabilitiy/other stuff

See. I've gotten bored and decided to try doing a few oddball things, like try making screenshot comics (including applying filters so its a little more interesting looking). However there are a couple things I was wondering.

Bots: I know you can call bots in as extras and the like, and I'm fairly sure there's a thread in advancedmod about skinning them on a per team basis, but is there any way to make them be at roughly x or y position or would i be better off going with getting the playermodel things and try finding a way to skin and pose those?

Projectiles: there any way to, say, get a freezeframe effect for projectiles (like a spinfuser disc in mid flight but not dropping and still with the glowey effect, or a grenade in free fall emiting smoke).

Interest: would anyone honestly give a flying frak here if I did this? it'd be an 8x11 format comic and quasi serious/quasi silly, but its not 'joke on every page'.

Comments

• Hahaha, that would be pretty awesome. Or figuring out animations and doing a machinima with Tribes2.
  • Projectiles: there any way to, say, get a freezeframe effect for projectiles (like a spinfuser disc in mid flight but not dropping and still with the glowey effect, or a grenade in free fall emiting smoke).
    This is possible, however, I've forgotten how to do it. I'd have to dig deep in my overpopulated tutorials folder for the answer.
  • I realize Tribes 2 models work off of specific animations rather than using whatever the scource engine does, which would limit posing possibilities. As I said, more a case of bored and wanting to do something that won't require coordinating and trying to get people interested in a machinima nobody wants to do.
  • [Sort of on and off topic] I was part of the Until Uru community a couple years back, and there was this group of like three guys that were doing PSAs with machinima. I was there one night when they were requesting people to go dance in this one location so that in the video the spokespeople would be interrupted by a rave going on there. While the Myst community is a little more cooperative than Tribes (perish the thought, I know) and quite a few of us were enthusiastic about spamming the 4-second dance cycle as best we could, it still took them a long while to coordinate and get it together. Think it took a couple takes, too.

If we could get some way to make our own animations (hopefully "easily") to apply to bots, basically have a lot of control over the bots, that would be pretty awesome and much easier to coordinate than trying to get a bunch of live players to do it.

For stills, I'm guessing you could maybe use static player models (I've seen them on a couple maps now) and find a way to pose them (or make new models with the pose), or have the animation include a long "hold" time where it holds that position long enough to get the screenshot for a still.
  • The latter idea is what I had in mind due to the difficulty in coordination. I figure it might help with exposure if people like it. At worst it'll keep me from being bored and might give others that are better at writing ideas.