eeepc + Tribes 2

Anybody own a eeepc?, I'm just wondering if it runs/runs well on it.
If anybody is wondering what a eeepc is, here's a pic.
eeepc3.jpg
(small white one)

Comments

• I don't see why not. Tribes 2 is eight years old at this point and it doesnt take much to run it, especially if you turn the settings and resolution down. With what they're able to pack into small computers these days, I'd be really surprised if it couldn't run it.
  • Interesting
  • I figure with as well as my laptop runs Tribes at 1280x800 (specs in sig), and I don't think the Eee's specs are much lower or higher, I would guess Tribes would run pretty admirably.
    I've seen videos of people running Doom 3 on an Eee, let's see Tribes!
  • "I don't see why not. Tribes 2 is eight years old at this point and it doesnt take much to run it, especially if you turn the settings and resolution down. With what they're able to pack into small computers these days, I'd be really surprised if it couldn't run it."

One would think being the game's 8 years old you could get great fps in all cases with lo spec parts, but in a lot of cases t2 can hit frame rates like it was crisis.
  • though, remember how much bigger Tribes2 is then Tribes1.. its like 400MB bigger then tribes..
  • I grabbed a first gen 4g as soon as newegg got them in last year. I have T2 bootable from SSD, though the integrated graphics chipset doesn't give much space for a game that's already choosy with hardware. I might mess with it a little more this weekend, but I'm not optimistic that I'd be able to get it running smoothly, at least not on the 4g.
  • So no luck getting T2 to work with the 4g's onboard video, i believe it's something like 8mb's. Starseige: Tribes runs like butter though. I am very happy.