Is anyone a firm beliver in that you can out run a shrike...

Is anyone a firm believer in that you can out run a shrike by using an energy pack, skiing, and the games momentum?

...Ive been practicing. But its REALLY hard on maps that are mostly flat. Any pointers?

Comments

• Just turn around and mine-disc it.
  • Forget the minedisc, pull a sudden stop and shocklance it in the ass when he turbo's past you. He'll either regain control around a week away from his base or he'll flip over and suddenly be a very confused and low-health light.
  • In ultra it's easy to boost past a shrike, they're only left in the mod for fun.
  • Ive shocklanced a couple when Im able to, but I mean can you actually out run a shrike, in say base or classic.

Good point on the minediscin, will give mess around with that.
  • Don't out run, dodge, stay on the ground and strafe to the side before you get hit, or if you're in the air: free fall before you get hit. Shrikes can be chained down if you have time. And listen to Kryand about the mine disc - that is something you can do in any armor at any time in any position. The shocklance is a niche weapon, if you're carrying one more than 5% of the time (with a few exceptions) you don't know what you're doing.
  • I always carry a shocklance as light. Almsot always as medium. Most of the time as heavy. I also definitely know what I'm doing.
  • I've hit speeds around what a shrike has done once in a map and I'm pretty much a noob, of course, the shrike can go as the crow flies, so I don't know if your speed compensates for the terrain.
  • I've hit speeds around what a shrike has done once in a map and I'm pretty much a noob, of course, the shrike can go as the crow flies, so I don't know if your speed compensates for the terrain.

Classic or tribes2? Vehicles actually have a use in base but classic's got most people moving at Mach Fuck by default so it's presumably easier to outrun a shrike in that.

Classic or tribes2? Vehicles actually have a use in base but classic's got most people moving at Mach Fuck by default so it's presumably easier to outrun a shrike in that.
    its near impossible to outrun a shrike in scout, even with energy pack;
    Shrikemaxspeed: approx 300kph
    Scoutn00benergypackftw!: 250kph, IF theres hills and IF you're always skiiing, And IF you dont run out of energy.
  • Again classic or base and how many people can fly a shrike at max speed all the time? it's suicide to run around with no shields on that thing.
  • In the end it depends what mod your playing, from base to MD2. You sometimes run from a strike for a few seconds, then it catches up :P. In those few seconds you should head for a turret/base.(or even a tall hill)
  • well, lights can go upwards of 700 kph in classic, so yes they can definitely outrun shrikes. Some of the faster caps in the game will def. outrun shrikes (one of the back to front routes on slapdash will get you at least 400-500 kph, and that's still run by many people), but most of the time it's not efficient to take the time to set up all these routes

Pretty sure it was tribes2 (base)...it was on Goons and I'm pretty sure thats base.

Pretty sure it was tribes2 (base)...it was on Goons and I'm pretty sure thats base.
    None of the Goon Haven servers run base (even tsw is derived from classic).