private.store & public.store

is there a way of ditching the credential download by putting private.store & public.store in GameData?
i reinstalled tribes2, and the auth server is offline, so i cannot download credentials.

Comments

• You shouldn't have to download your credentials every time. My tribesnext doesn't have to.
  • You shouldn't have to download your credentials every time. My tribesnext doesn't have to.

If you READ, again, you might find i REINSTALLED Tribes2
    :-)
  • The public.store file contains every digitally signed account certificate that you have. One per line. When you "log into" an account, the account certificate from that file is what is sent to servers.

The private.store file contains encrypted private exponents. When you "log into" an account, the private exponent that matches account names is loaded, decrypted with your password, inserted into the Ruby interpreter as a full RSA key, then protected from access.

If you copy those two files from the GameData directory of your previous installation into the GameData of your new installation, the accounts should appear in the drop down list, and you should be able to log in. If they do not, make sure the patch is installed properly, and that you are running the correct executable.