PROBLEM WITH A PLAYER

I might sound noob but what the fuck ever..There's a player called "valarking"...I quote another player saying that he is hacking. Reason he was assumed to be hacking is because He started a vote to kick player and succeeded in kicking SIX of them when EVERYONE voted no but he would INSTANTLY get just enough votes to kick the player. The only way our votes would count as NO would be after he got enough votes to kick them..Idk wtf that is or anything..But yeah..Thought I should report it cuz' it fucking ruined atleast 5-8 peoples Arena game.

Comments

• There have been complaints about this player before, but the only measure against this player would be for every server to ban on sight.
  • He's a known griefer, causes problems wherever he goes. I'm curious if we could actually get the TN guys to ban his IP, or maybe even his MAC address.
  • He's a known griefer, causes problems wherever he goes. I'm curious if we could actually get the TN guys to ban his IP, or maybe even his MAC address.
    His MAC address? How the hell are you going to accomplish that?
  • Due to the decentralized setup of the TribesNext system, globally banning a player account is not possible.
    The only time you actually communicate with the auth server is during account creation, and account certificate retrieval. Servers never communicate with the auth server.

Dunno. Seen it done before. Believe it was an old TRPG server, FoH. The owner of the server would ban by MAC address. I think it worked by checking the MAC address against a ban list, and if the address matched one of the banned ones, it would ban the IP.
  • edited February 2009
    He's a known griefer, causes problems wherever he goes. I'm curious if we could actually get the TN guys to ban his IP, or maybe even his MAC address.

Dunno. Seen it done before. Believe it was an old TRPG server, FoH. The owner of the server would ban by MAC address. I think it worked by checking the MAC address against a ban list, and if the address matched one of the banned ones, it would ban the IP.
    It's stupid easy to change MAC addresses. Easier than IP addresses.
  • The idea was that your average player would never know to change their MAC address.
  • And it says something about you if you have to change your MAC address to continue griefing people in a game.
  • Oh, that guy. Bastard tried to teamlance me when I had the flag, FAILED, I took one shot at him in return which happened to catch him in midair (I don't know how, it simply happened), got kicked from one vote, all that fun stuff.

I wonder how one would go about making a hack that manipulative anyway.
  • Honestly, you can't ban by MAC address...
    You never get the players actual MAC address, you get the MAC address of the last internet router they bounced through to reach you!
  • If that's the case, then I was ill informed.
  • He hit The Construct last night too. Let him get his kicks, i guess. Just insta-ban him if he shows up in your server.
  • People like that lead sad lives.

I almost feel bad for them.

And by almost I mean kinda.

And by kinda I mean not at all.

And by not at all I mean fuck those assholes.

• And by not at all I mean fuck those assholes.

And by fuck those assholes I mean they should die in a fire.

And by die in a fire I mean they should eat hot plasma.
  • And by eat hot plasma I mean swallow my cum.
  • That player valarking was on out server TKing all the time so I banned him for a week and dont see much of him lately. I don't know how any player can hack into a server unless they get the in game PW, if there is another way please let me know.
    RB
  • The guy should be served with a global "no tolerance" policy. Permaban him as soon as he starts dicking around.
  • I'm pretty sure this is a smurf of a poster on these forums. (FYI)
  • I'm pretty sure this is a smurf of a poster on these forums. (FYI)
    Do you have evidence of this TT?
  • Nope. Only rumor...but there are some people that keep databases of this kind of thing. They might be able to shed more light on the subject.
  • Nope. Only rumor...but there are some people that keep databases of this kind of thing. They might be able to shed more light on the subject.

Can we notify these people and institute a protocol on how to deal with such people, in a way that is impossible to circumvent?
  • Encourage players to take recordings of griefers and send them to admins. The admins can then perma IP ban them, both in servers and on the forum.
  • Encourage players to take recordings of griefers and send them to admins. The admins can then perma IP ban them, both in servers and on the forum.

anyone with half a brain can get around an ip ban. I wish there were a way to have more control over the situation, rather than just inconvenience someone.
  • You can ban name/ip and that's a pretty good start.
  • We should be able to send electric shocks through the internet upon server vote.
  • [quote author=TheOracle[xXx] link=topic=608.msg6189#msg6189 date=1234553222]
    We should be able to send electric shocks through the internet upon server vote.
    [/quote]

This. into the offender's anus.
  • [quote author=TheOracle[xXx] link=topic=608.msg6189#msg6189 date=1234553222]
    We should be able to send electric shocks through the internet upon server vote.

This. into the offender's anus.
    [/quote]

Some people may actually enjoy that. It's much better to drip arsenic into their bloodstream at a specific rate per accumulated ban/kick/vote.
  • Is there even such a thing as a guid in this game anymore with tribesnext up?
  • Yes, you have a GUID...it's part of your account credentials.
    Of course, you do get a new one per each account...