Comments

• Hey valarking,

I like what I've heard about your stylings

Stop by #lastgasp irc.tribalwar.com sometime
  • Hey valarking,

I like what I've heard about your stylings

Stop by #lastgasp irc.tribalwar.com sometime
    ^numero uno loser. 8)
  • Yeah, I've vote kicked this guy a couple of times on the Goons server. He was TK-ing. Just being an ass. Vote kick - gone - resume game - have fun! :)
  • [quote author=TheOracle[xXx] link=topic=608.msg6189#msg6189 date=1234553222]
    We should be able to send electric shocks through the internet upon server vote.
    [/quote]

I have this saying... which I have been using since I first stepped into the Internet Superhighway via Battle.net to play StarCraft:

"The day someone invents a way to punch somone in the face through the internet is the day surfing the Internet will be a worthwile endeavor." :)
  • HEY GUYS WHATS UP LOL
  • i like turtles
  • also i didn't hack

you're a dumb fuck if you think i have the brain cells necessary to hack that. i just clicked vote kick.
  • also i didn't hack

you're a dumb fuck if you think i have the brain cells necessary to hack that. i just clicked vote kick.

Don't forget, it takes an intelligent person to pull off 'genuinely stupid'. Or a genuinely stupid one.
  • Rundown on valarking and his boyfriend generic_1:

valarking and generic_1 share account information with one another, multiple times valarking has used the account generic_1.

Here's a list of all the names that have been accessed by valarking/generic_1's IP addresses:
    • generic_0 (GUID #2221105) (CLIENTID #95106)
    • generic_1 (GUID #2341114) (CLIENTID #95113)
    • valarking (GUID #2174131) (CLIENTID #95106)
    • z0dd (GUID #2341053) (CLIENTID #95113)

Traceroute on both IP addresses pinpoints generic_1's place of residence in Texas, while Valarking is located on the East coast in or around the Virginia/Maryland area.

3d street view of their home and number of their landline incoming. Stay tuned.
  • *cough* stalker *cough*

The eye of the tiger Anarchy, the eye of the tiger.
  • Just let me know when and where and I'm there Anarchy.
  • Rundown on valarking and his boyfriend generic_1:

valarking and generic_1 share account information with one another, multiple times valarking has used the account generic_1.

Here's a list of all the names that have been accessed by valarking/generic_1's IP addresses:
    • generic_0 (GUID #2221105) (CLIENTID #95106)
    • generic_1 (GUID #2341114) (CLIENTID #95113)
    • valarking (GUID #2174131) (CLIENTID #95106)
    • z0dd (GUID #2341053) (CLIENTID #95113)

Traceroute on both IP addresses pinpoints generic_1's place of residence in Texas, while Valarking is located on the East coast in or around the Virginia/Maryland area.

3d street view of their home and number of their landline incoming. Stay tuned.

I see someone enjoys the same methods I do.
  • I like that he smurfs as little zee.
  • You could give us the IP address and ban by IP too...
  • You could give us the IP address and ban by IP too...

I wasn't sure how to ban by IP address. And, I wasn't sure if you wanted me to give out their IP addresses on a public forum. If you could let the server admins running evolution admin mod know how to ban by IP address using TribesNext, that'd be great. Here are the IP addresses of both valarking/generic_1:

valarking: 97.77.50.107
    generic_1: 97.77.53.163
  • I don't think putting the IP addresses up publicly is a good idea. You would be better off PMing them to the related parties.
  • IP bans in TN are set up the same way that they were in T2 before.

BanList::add(guid, 0, banTime);
    BanList::add(0, client.getAddress(), banTime);
    BanList::add(0, "IP:xx.xx.xx.xx:", banTime);

I had to rewrite the ban system (see bans.cs in t2csri.vl2), since the engine functions that handled that are broken with the TN authentication phase, but I made it backwards compatible with the API used by the existing scripts.
  • [quote author=TheOracle[xXx] link=topic=608.msg6441#msg6441 date=1234803116]
    I don't think putting the IP addresses up publicly is a good idea. You would be better off PMing them to the related parties.
    [/quote]

I agree, but it's not like we're posting people's IP addresses here for fun. They've been acting stupid for a while now, and now they're just going to have to deal with being vulnerable.
  • True, but I just think its in poor taste and it invites retaliatory action from certain people who may not have your benign intentions.

And maybe the solution is to create a blacklist of problem players, and make it privately available to all the server admins. That way disruptive players will be dealt with across the board. If a player decides that he wants to come clean and be accepted back, he can petition for his name\IP to be unbanned.

In this way problem players will not be able to just move on to another server and continue their antics.
  • [quote author=TheOracle[xXx] link=topic=608.msg6466#msg6466 date=1234811340]
    In this way problem players will not be able to just move on to another server and continue their antics.
    [/quote]

Or they could create a new account and continue their antics on any server they like.

Banning completely is impossible. Unless there is a way to derive the actual IP address from generated IP's theres nothing that can be done.

We could always remove open account generation.
  • But that would kill the flow of new players/smurfs.
  • Unless there is a way to derive the actual IP address from generated IP's theres nothing that can be done.

I don't think so. You can ban proxies, but there are lots. Anything you can ban by can be circumvented with enough know-how.
  • I suppose my question would be whether this guy uses the same name everywhere. Seems to be.

I know in T1 players with certain tags on their names could be given elevated privileges (usually admin, sometimes super admin) automatically. Would it be possible to ban a specific name from a server? In conjunction with no-smurfs that would perhaps keep this guy at bay for maybe a week at a time while he waits to make a new account.
  • Unless there is a way to derive the actual IP address from generated IP's theres nothing that can be done.

I don't think so. You can ban proxies, but there are lots. Anything you can ban by can be circumvented with enough know-how.

Actually, years back I caused quite a ruckus on the Stratics IRC network, and they had my entire city's block of IP addresses banned from the server because I circumvented my ban so much. They called this a "k-line"
  • lol, proxy.
    K-line circumvented.
  • lol, proxy.
    K-line circumvented.

a lot of irc servers know when you're using a proxy and won't allow you to connect.
  • lol, proxy.
    K-line circumvented.
    Good luck finding a UDP proxy.
  • lol, proxy.
    K-line circumvented.
    Good luck finding a UDP proxy.

FTW.

Thyth, is it possible to design a permanent anti-asshole solution for those hosting Tribes 2 servers?
  • lol, proxy.
    K-line circumvented.

a lot of irc servers know when you're using a proxy and won't allow you to connect.
    It's not that they know you are using a proxy, it's that they have a gigantic list of IPs of known proxies. Not every proxy is on it, and sometimes some non-proxy IPs get banned as well (though they usually have a system them lets you remove it for yourself).