Why the ads?

Why are people advertising their server on the forums? I run yet another empty server, but I don't run around telling people about it because it's already on the master server list.

Comments

• Maybe they hope people will come to their servers? Hoping to become the next Branzone Central or Goon Haven? Maybe not that ambitious, but looking for publicity nonetheless.

Variety is the spice of life, no? Maybe by advertising a new server in a thread here, some random newbie who's only lurked until now might go play with live
    people. It could happen. I'm not saying it's likely, but it could happen.
  • Advertising the Saturday Night Siege pub here helps to draw more players to the server. Usually we only have core players, but with the addition of players who read the forums here we had enough to draw in the "I'll join any server that a lot of people are playing on" crowd. The end result is that we ended up filling the server.
  • Advertising the Saturday Night Siege pub here helps to draw more players to the server. Usually we only have core players, but with the addition of players who read the forums here we had enough to draw in the "I'll join any server that a lot of people are playing on" crowd. The end result is that we ended up filling the server.
    theres a siege pub server???
    AWESOME!! :D
  • Why are people advertising their server on the forums? I run yet another empty server, but I don't run around telling people about it because it's already on the master server list.

For a moment I thought you were talking about real ads.

"Goon Haven is brought to you by Enzyte, the male enhancement solution!"
  • Why are people advertising their server on the forums? I run yet another empty server, but I don't run around telling people about it because it's already on the master server list.

Thank you for the idea! Free penis pills, here I come!

... no pun intended. Sorry to all the children! :o

Thank you for the idea! Free penis pills, here I come!

... no pun intended. Sorry to all the children! :o

This is Bob. Bob plays on Goon Haven. Commence that annoying whistling tune that will be stuck in my head all day...
  • Thanks, now the friggin tune is stuck in my head! (sarcasm)

Back on topic, I have no problem with people promoting their servers.
  • I truly hope the community grows big enough to support many of the servers currently in existence. Grow, community, grow!
  • To spite cfreak we should have a sticky with member hosted servers listed, according to mod and so on.
  • I truly hope the community grows big enough to support many of the servers currently in existence. Grow, community, grow!

I've personally spammed everyone who enjoys gaming on my buddy lists with the Tribesnext site, only three have signed up and only two have the install actually working, the other UEs endlessly and is waiting for the next patch.

IT WILL HAPPEN THOUGH. I'll also probably get banned from a lot of FPS servers because I bring it up in those as well (COD4/5 -- etc).

Meh, we'll grow, and you'll have more peeps to appreciate your server.
  • To spite cfreak we should have a sticky with member hosted servers listed, according to mod and so on.
    I'm fine with that.
  • Blair Lag Project //Tribes1 Ultra
    Blair Lag Project //Tribes2 Base with ai
    Blair Lag Project //Tribes2 Ultra
    Blair Lag Project //Tribes Vengeance w/antics
    Foreign Intervention 1.6 //CS1.6 with ai

take that!