Let's get to know one another:

Comments

• Uh....apparently I'm dating your sister.

This is awkward.
  • edited February 2009
    The poop is in the house. ;) Kudo's to Thyth and team for TribesNext. You have resurrected a sleeping monster and now my gf is going to hate me again. The power of Tribes is too strong. I must resist...

I use to live on that street in Thyth's sig. I played Starsiege Tribes, Tribes 2 and even some vengeance. Have always loved Tribes. Good to see some old faces around here. And wow Tribes and people being civil? Its amazing.
  • my sister is gonna be playing tribes2 in a few days. shes gonna pwn nubs. here is a pic of her. plz welcome her:

n6202598_38986636_7718.jpg
    I already welcomed her a few times pretty soon you will be known as cranky uncle Anarchy
  • wtf she told me she didn't have a bf.
  • The poop is in the house. ;) Kudo's to Thyth and team for TribesNext. You have resurrected a sleeping monster and now my gf is going to hate me again. The power of Tribes is too strong. I must resist...

I use to live on that street in Thyth's sig. I played Starsiege Tribes, Tribes 2 and even some vengeance. Have always loved Tribes. Good to see some old faces around here. And wow Tribes and people being civil? Its amazing.

it wont last...
  • my sister is gonna be playing tribes2 in a few days. shes gonna pwn nubs. here is a pic of her. plz welcome her:

n6202598_38986636_7718.jpg

she will give 'chain whore' a whole new meaning :)

-moto
  • What up everyone eyekandy here. I own a flooring business that started up about 5 months ago called CheaPro, Inc. I subcontract for a company some might be aware about called Empire. Hopefully will grow even in this bad economy!! Played t1 and t2 on shitty comp during the competition days so I never competed. I am excited now to be able to compete and maybe kick some ass!!! Pic of me in Utah...and an ugly closeup
    • DSC00242.JPG
  • "it wont last..."

the seeds of tw are already sprouting as we speak
  • I'm trying. That was the point of this thread... In fact.. I might have an idea.
  • I'm trying. That was the point of this thread... In fact.. I might have an idea.
    what's your idea? you can't leave us hanging like that man.
  • There's another forum I frequent that has a few rules in place. The rules are primarily there to prevent discord, and they work very well. Of course, they need the moderators to enforce the rules, which they do, quickly, and impersonally, seen a mod ban a friend of his for a few days.

I just dropped a few suggestions. If the mods like the idea, we might see a rules thread in a bit.
  • There's another forum I frequent that has a few rules in place. The rules are primarily there to prevent discord, and they work very well. Of course, they need the moderators to enforce the rules, which they do, quickly, and impersonally, seen a mod ban a friend of his for a few days.

I just dropped a few suggestions. If the mods like the idea, we might see a rules thread in a bit.

I've been waiting on one of those for a while. I also suggested one in the suggestions section, but nothing every happened.
  • I got a response, he said they already have one in the works. Cool beans.

And yes, I just used the term "cool beans".
  • I got a response, he said they already have one in the works. Cool beans.

And yes, I just used the term "cool beans".

Not as cool as cool "baked" beans! :D
  • this thread is starting to look like a tw thread, even without the flame. common guys, stay on topic. who is the next contestent on the tribal version of "I'll show you mine, if You show me Yours" ;]

-moto
  • index.php?action=dlattach;attach=243;type=avatar
    This is me, on my way to work.

I'm 31 years old, got a wife and 2 kids. I work with crane and conveyor systems, not very exciting stuff. I've been playing Tribes since T1 but I've never been really good at it, just average I guess. TAC is definitely my favourit way of playing Tribes but I don't see much TAC action nowadays.

Oh yeah, also.. I live in Sweden. So the ping really go skyrocket when playing on your American servers. I'm thinking of installing a second copy of Tribes and play on the T2Revival servers in Europe but I'm much to addicted to the ## {dggs} Fast V2 server and the nice people playing there.
  • index.php?action=dlattach;attach=243;type=avatar
    This is me, on my way to work.

I'm 31 years old, got a wife and 2 kids. I work with crane and conveyor systems, not very exciting stuff. I've been playing Tribes since T1 but I've never been really good at it, just average I guess. TAC is definitely my favourit way of playing Tribes but I don't see much TAC action nowadays.

Oh yeah, also.. I live in Sweden. So the ping really go skyrocket when playing on your American servers. I'm thinking of installing a second copy of Tribes and play on the T2Revival servers in Europe but I'm much to addicted to the ## {dggs} Fast V2 server and the nice people playing there.

Welcome!
  • Hey people long time player returning to T2. Played for years and spent to many days at home playin this lol. Looking for my old buddies and seeing whats going on. If you know me drop me a line! Also looking for all the great old maps (Glat. Prime any one!?!)
  • glat prime ah yes wasnt that the map with the jello like water? there was also another map that had bouncy water you could drive an mpb off into and bounce it we used to have contests to see how far we could bounce it before it blew up anybody remember that one?
  • Yeah, that's the same map.

Combat CPA hosts that map.
  • ah yes you are correct I always got that map confused with another map protos I think thats what its called anyway love that map fun as hell for messing around on. ;D
  • Glenn C. probably the oldest guy on here...live in Fayetteville, NC...next to Ft. Bragg, where I spent 10 years working for Uncle Sam....Uh, believe it or not, I almost dont wanna do this, cause it will sound like I think I'm James Bond or such....WTF...OK....I was a parachute rigger in the army, I'm Jumpmaster qualified, with Senior Parachutist wings, Canadian Wings, etc...did a year in a country with a lot of desert.... (not fun).

I am a Master Scuba diver, I used to shoot competition with USPSA.ORG , (hence, my game-name) I have a bunch of dirt bikes, and boats....and a bunch of computers...
    I do networking/equipment repair on gas equipment for a chain of stores now...keeping the gas stations in touch with the major oil companies....

Married almost 20 years, my son now games with me
    http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=673.0

I did the T-1 thing, and was in gaming clans {KSA} and |FX3|
    This is a pic taken back in 91, with oil well fires in the desert behind me
    (and yeah, I pasted my wings on the pic)
    MESAUDI.jpg
  • edited February 2009
    well...
    seems there are some old dogs on here.

let me introduce myself by the name I used for T1/T2, which some of you should remember as we had the opportunity to play with/against one another on many occasions, which was "synthetik"

I played T1 religiously right up until the release of T2, I started a clan with several others called "S&M" (stealth and mutilation)
    we participated in a gaming league (of which I cannot for the life of me remember the name of....) until T2
    once I played T2, T1 was a thing of past
    T2 brought everything together for me, it was perfect, and IMO way ahead of its time. there has been several games that have tried to compare with the tribes genre, and have also failed miserably. and nothing ever will (unless someone makes another tribes game (NOT LIKE VENGEANCE !! which killed the tribes games.)

that being said, I will be joining you all again on the battlefield. (I just hope I can keep my adddiction in check.... its like being an alcoholic, one sip and your right back where your started before AA....

a little about myself.
    as mentioned, I played T1, started a clan and we competed lightly on a gaming league for a short time.
    then T2 arrived, and shortly after I had a difference of opinion with someone of my clan and decided it was time to move on, so I joined a team called dRats (desert rats) in which we competed on TWL for several yrs prior to the demise of T2. dRats was a base clan, and we only dabbled little in the other mods, although my personal favorite was V2 (version2)
    but I/we never competed in anything but base.
    I was actually ranked #1 in base for 1 1/2 week, and was always ranked in the top 10/20. and I was ALWAYS playing, if I wasnt at work, I was playing, in the middle of the night, I was playing, I think I only got an avg of 3 hrs sleep a night for over 3 yrs during that time.
    at the very end of T2, I started my own little team to compete in 5vs5 matches called "Team Lub" which was all for fun only, we never took it seriously (which was a riot when we played a team who did and still beat them) :p

then I just faded away from the scene, a ruined relationship and a court hearing making it impossible to participate in gaming at all.

now, Im back (I hope) and looking very much forward to joining you all ingame.
    for those who may remember me, please drop me a PM and say "hi" and while I havent gone through the list of people on here yet, I will soon and if I recognize you, I'll drop you a line.

here is a pic of me and my son
    • niconme.jpg
  • my name is Ryan, I'm a normal guy who used to play this devotedly. I just found this, and couldn't have been more excited. but about me, i guess..
    well, I play bass and scream for a southwest michigan speed/death metal band. The genre might be off, but it's sort of like lamb of god meets static x, or something. Idunno, I hear it too much to say, leave it to the critics.
    anyways heres some pics of me.
    l_7017a3af062d73d55e89e733d60dc61a.jpg
    l_ca05645422a945d8d5865e99a50d7341.jpg
    l_cce2b5adbef9446ea08140ab2171fe5d.gif

anyways, you can find me playing under the name Vile.
    glad to see my favorite community of all time coming back.
  • Wow is that you with your mouth open like 50 inches?

yeah, we could photoshop that one pretty sickly lol : )

lol.

lol.

Okay, that deserves a ROFLMAO!!!

All jokes aside, welome to T2!
  • Hi my name is Warren I'm in canada, took a long break from t2, and was looking to get back into it when i noticed this. Good to see t2 is not dead yet... anyways... i played under the handle of ss3_gohan. hope to see some familiar names in game soon.