promoting Tribes Next

SevSev
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
Alright everyone I think most people here would agree that tribes 2 is one of the best games ever created. And the tribes next patch allows anyone with a computer do download it and play it for free. So I think everyone should really try to promote tribesnext any way they can. I mean we should tell our friends, talk about it in other forums maybe even get some well know game sites like gamespot to do an article about it. I know right before they shut down the main server the community was getting preaty thin because there where no new players joining the community because there where no new CD keys and people where slowly leaving. But now that anyone can play I think the tribes community could be bigger and better then ever and im sure alot of the old players would come back too. Anyone else got some ideas?

Oh and someone should edit the wiki that could really help to.

Comments

• Alright everyone I think most people here would agree that tribes 2 is one of the best games ever created.

I don't agree with that. Tribes 2 is the best game created.
  • I think we should wait with advertisments for newbloods until TribesNext is stable and bugfree.
    Most newbloods won't come back if they have left because of a bug...
    Otherwise I agree.
  • I think we should wait with advertisments for newbloods until TribesNext is stable and bugfree.
    Otherwise I agree.

I agree with this guy. Wait until TN is stable before getting more people.
  • Was just about to let http://bluesnews.com know about it until I paused and thought I'd drop by here to see if anyone else has thought about spreading the word ;)

With the posts above in mind I'm gonna hold off on letting the cat out of the bag at Blue's News, though I did post on an old haunt, Houston Vehicles (or HV Elite as it's known now):
    http://www.hvelite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27582

Not that my server will now be filled with 50 vehicle lovers tonight... ahh the old times !!!
  • You should edit your post at HV Elite and tell them it's still a beta.
  • This is currently on the front-page of reddit. I'd recommend giving it a few more upmods

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/7nd85/tribes_2_is_back/
  • someone host a torrent of the full 600MB install. i uninstalled t2 years ago. also someone get loucypher interested
  • SevSev
    edited January 2009
    I think we should wait with advertisments for newbloods until TribesNext is stable and bugfree.
    Otherwise I agree.

Yeh I did think of that later. Your right we should wait but when its all fixed then we can start telling people.

Oh and I thought of a fun little thing we could do. After its all finished and we start telling people obout it we should have a thread where we come on and post how many people we have gotten to download and play the game. That way we kind of get an idea of how many people are coming into the community.
  • someone host a torrent of the full 600MB install. i uninstalled t2 years ago. also someone get loucypher interested
    He already is. He's posted in the development thread several times over the course of the past couple months.
  • Well, went ahead and posted in my blog:

http://pervomonkey.blogspot.com/

anyone post in NeoGaf or any of the other forums? Do it! Do it now!

;D
  • I'm gonna hold off on letting the cat out of the bag
    How... considerate of you, when do I get to breathe?
  • You guys just got posted on Kotaku - the cat is out of the bag.

http://feeds.gawker.com/~r/kotaku/full/~3/GtW5QJNR_tc/hey-tribes-2-is-back
  • I can move forward with getting the word out on www.gamerDNA.com when the admins feel its good to get the surge of new players. Like others, probably a good idea until we get the "O.K, green light" from the TribesNext team. Because with a lot of new players, we really only got one shot to impress them.

But yeah, count me in for any form of spreading the news to cyberspace.
  • I'm sorry if my head has been in the sand but that's the first time I've ever heard of or visited GamerDNA. With Kotaku and BluesNews already having picked up on the story, I think we can safely say, as has been said above, that Cat has left the bag ! ;)
  • Not sure if you guys have seen this or not:
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/941/941845p1.html
  • Penny Arcade just linked to Tribes Next in today's news post. Long-time readers may be aware that the PA guys are intimately familiar with the Tribes of yore.
  • Yep just found this from Penny Arcade and gotta say I'm feeling awesome that T2 is back. I'll spread the word to a vet or two I know.
  • Heh, nevermind my last statements then. Guess I will make a post.
  • hey guys i've got a great idea. odds are you know some prety lazy people. people to lazy download a 600 mb file. well i have a plan to circulate copies of tribes. step 1. take tribes two install file and patch and burn to cd. step 2. give cd to someone.
  • oh and tell them to give the cd to someone else after they have installed it. to make sure they do also burn a txt file to the cd and call it give to someone else. that way they install it give it to someone else and so on.
  • oh and tell them to give the cd to someone else after they have installed it. to make sure they do also burn a txt file to the cd and call it give to someone else. that way they install it give it to someone else and so on.

What if they love the game too much to give the CD away? lol!

What if they love the game too much to give the CD away? lol!

I'm not giving away my original Tribes 2 cds. But I will gladly copy Tribes2_GSI.exe to a recordable CD-R and give it to someone else.
  • edited January 2009
    Maybe it's not such a good idea to get absolutely everyone to play T2. Goon Haven is full of retards already :S
    I don't really want to see more ppl who call other players black twisted gay persons in some US slang language. Makes one want to quit the game.

*If I want to deal with this kind of shit I go play CS*
  • The problems is that we can't stop them, and we need them to fill out the servers. A good admin will take care of them anyway.
  • Maybe it's not such a good idea to get absolutely everyone to play T2. Goon Haven is full of retards already :S
    I don't really want to see more ppl who call other players black twisted gay persons in some US slang language. Makes one want to quit the game.

*If I want to deal with this kind of shit I go play CS*
    If you stopped paying attention to the retards and actually played the game, they'd probably stop being retards.