Favorite Maps?

Just wanted to see which maps were most loved by everyone here.

Comments

• I love the map "Mech(Something) Arena". Forgot the name, but I love it.
  • recalESCENCE!
    I'd probably like it more if I someone would make a base layout map that I could stick on the wall next to my monitor so I can refer to it to whenever playing and not get lost on my way to the enemy gen room/flag :v.

Anyway, for large scale games Circle of Stones is easily my most favourite map. For smaller ones it's probably Dangerous Crossing, with the reservation that you actually have two even teams duking it out on it.
  • circle of stones is awesome. 8)
  • I like pretty much all the maps, but, nothing beats the classics of Tribes 1, such as rollercoaster, dangerous crossing, broadside, scarebrae, etc.
    recalESCENCE!
    I'd probably like it more if I someone would make a base layout map that I could stick on the wall next to my monitor so I can refer to it to whenever playing and not get lost on my way to the enemy gen room/flag :v.
    I've been playing Tribes 2 for so long, that, I know pretty much every dynamix interior layout by heart. Here's a tip for finding the gen room in recal: If you go to the bottom of the flag room, the hall that looks different is the path to the generator.
  • I love the map "Mech(Something) Arena". Forgot the name, but I love it.
    machineheads arena.
  • recalESCENCE!

the best T2 experience i've ever had was a well organized pub game involving 4 fully loaded havoks with shrike cover and a bomber well ahead of the pack to clear the rooftops before d-day. one havok went down before it got there, but the other three crashed the base and we held their gen room for the rest of the game. still, nobody managed to cap their flag, but oh well :P
  • CTF: Dessicator, Insalubrius, Circle of Stones
    Siege: Ultima Thule
    Team Hunters: Rimehold (pretty much Ultima Thule, except you spawn outside and the nexus is where the Main Hall Gens would be located)
  • Dust to Dust
  • Broadside and Scarabrae are classics....Desert of death lol get some. A lil t1 ultra renengades arena under the hill dm was badass.
  • Raindance followed by circle of stones.
  • Yep, that map.
  • circle of stones
  • Katabatic.
  • I have many maps that I like, particularly the cityscapes and Tron. However I always find myself coming back to Katabatic.
  • What exactly do you like about katabatic? I don't mean to create a stir.
  • What exactly do you like about katabatic? I don't mean to create a stir.

I think it's got a bunch of great things going. Wide open areas to bomb, good base design, reasonable flag placement.

The only things I dislike are A) no water and B) those damn midfield bases. Useless.
  • those damn midfield bases. Useless.

HO much?
  • those damn midfield bases. Useless.

HO much?

?
  • The midfield bases on katabatic make playing heavy offense a piece of cake. I'd say those are the most useful midfield bases of any map.
  • Gelatinus Prime
  • The midfield bases on katabatic make playing heavy offense a piece of cake. I'd say those are the most useful midfield bases of any map.

Agreed that they are the most useful, but that's what HAVOCs are for.

Well, skiing into the enemy base at mach-speed does have it's advantages. You can usually slip in without many people seeing and knock them down (or at least stagger them).
    With a havoc, everyone sees you coming and braces for your impact. Sometimes, the sheer chaos will let you slip through their grip, though.

Well, skiing into the enemy base at mach-speed does have it's advantages. You can usually slip in without many people seeing and knock them down (or at least stagger them).
    With a havoc, everyone sees you coming and braces for your impact. Sometimes, the sheer chaos will let you slip through their grip, though.

Havocs are nice for coordination as well. You can deliver 5 heavies at once if the gunship is full, which can totally destroy an enemy base in a matter of seconds and hold it for minutes. If this follows a bomb run, it's a piece of cake to eliminate anyone and everyone left standing.
  • Damnation, Titan, Crossfire, and back when I played Masters mod about 6 years ago Bridged was kind of a favorite as well.

Recently I have been enjoying Dire, a lot of mayhem going on in that map.