Replacing Sounds, T:V > T2

I know it's blasphemy to speak of that other Tribes game, but I'm working on extracting some of the sounds from T:V to adapt for T2 (mostly because the spinfusor sounds like it packs more of a punch). It's not the easiest work; a couple of the looping sounds are too long for T2's implementation, but I'm making some progress with weapon sounds and will probably adapt the GUI and vehicle sounds.

if I ever finish it, I'll package up a .vl2. In the meantime, you can always extract the audio.vl2 file to find the sound to replace, then put a like-named file in the file structure under ~/GameData/base.

One interesting thing I've tracked down: maybe it's because of my scripts (PJ's and Faramir's packs), but a sound plays on every successful hit. I've tracked that sound down to
/audio/fx/weapons/cg_hard4.wav
If you replace that wav with something else, you'll get a new sound for successful hits.

Comments

• Try Porting the voice packs in future.
  • One interesting thing I've tracked down: maybe it's because of my scripts (PJ's and Faramir's packs), but a sound plays on every successful hit. I've tracked that sound down to
    If you replace that wav with something else, you'll get a new sound for successful hits.

ive replaced that sound as a test but it seems to be your scripts, do you know what part of the script it is? it would be cool to have hitsounds working like in quake, so that even each cg hit does a little sound..
  • One interesting thing I've tracked down: maybe it's because of my scripts (PJ's and Faramir's packs), but a sound plays on every successful hit. I've tracked that sound down to
    The hit-sound is something done by Classic, I do believe.
  • The hit-sound is something done by Classic, I do believe.

I'm pretty sure that's it. Looked through all my scripts and none of them appear to add a hit sound like that.

How easy would it be to make a script to add on-hit sounds for non-Classic servers?

As for the T:V voices, I'll probably look into porting those too.
    The hit-sound is something done by Classic, I do believe.
    You can change it via ClientPrefs.cs.
  • There are hitsounds for configs other than classic...I think Halide's HitSound is one, but I might just be making that up.
  • the hit sounds are exclusive to classic. ive never been able to evven make it work in base or anything else. and Halide did make a kill sound script.

search for this on slingscripts and youll see it: HalKillSound_vl2.zip

you can change the sounds too.