Lee_Stricklin May 2011
EDIT: I found the fix for this on the forum, though I am having trouble creating an account as it doesn't seem to be doing anything after I hit create account.
JudgeHershey May 2011
*I think you can make an account with the following:
- These instructions -> http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php/topic,2095.0.html
You can NOT log-in with Wine-1.2-rc5.
- Best Wine versions (in order of best to worst):
- Most importantly: DO NOT MODIFY T2 IN ANY WAY! Keep the basic installations as is, and make sure to use a .dso - remover once in a while. Modifications of T2 (skins, mods, voice kits, special binds, etc.) are currently the No.1 cause of Unhandled Exceptions for those running Tribes 2 through Wine (proof through experience).
Note: More recently, I've found it's OK to mod some stuff, just do so one bit at a time.
- Use DSO-Removers, I recommend every single time you run TribesNext.
- Goon Haven Issues: I've found that on the "Goon Haven" server, which runs Classic mod, errors of all kinds can happen, but ONLY on certain maps (although many maps that it runs). These errors, including "Bad File Descriptors", "Segmentation Fault", and "UE", will crash T2. They will be very frequent on some maps, every few minutes, making game-play ridiculous.