It's not registering my old account.

Not to complain or anything but when I type in my old account information (name and password) it tells me they don't exist. So I tried to click on "create account" and it says the server for tribes next is down or unresponsive or something like that. Just wondering whats up and if I am doing something wrong.

Comments

• Your old account information (from the original T2 account system) is no longer available.

The auth server is shown as online, according to http://tribes2.turkeh.net/status, which means the connectivity issue is likely on your end (firewall, strict antivirus, etc..), poke the FAQs for more detail and solutions.
  • "Your old account information (from the original T2 account system) is not available to tribesnext auth server, but may return if gg ever fires up the original master/auth server."

fixed
  • So would I have to re-register an account? Also I have tried to add the UPD and TCP ports to my windows firewall and still I can't get into a server. I can finally get past the login screen somehow but the game still tells me I need the tribes next client to join the servers and I am a little on the stupid side so I can't figure it out. Thanks for any support you guys give me.
  • Etabob, yeah, you need to make a new account.

Have you checked out this thread: http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=464.0?

If you have already installed Tribes 2 (full version), you just need to get the two megabyte Tribes Next patch and install it in order to play on TN (Tribes Next) servers. It's in the Downloads area: http://www.tribesnext.com/downloads.

Sami-FIN
  • So I can email Sierra and get a registration key? I just don't understand everything now. I already checked the TCP and UDP port numbers, infact I added all of the ones posted on that thread. Still I am not allowed on any server. It may be because I am not showing up as a registered member and I need to take care of that first and foremost but other than that I think I have followed everything to the T. Anyway thanks again for the information.
  • YOUR OLD ACCOUNT IS GONE. FOREVER. IT IS NOT COMING BACK. USE THE NEW REGISTRATION METHOD LINED OUT BY TRIBES NEXT.
  • But wHta if u gad an account with sierra, how do you use it in the tribesnexts?
  • It's funny how people have to attempt poorly at being rude through text. I am merely trying to gather as much information as I can..lol so I have redshifter to thank for the show of immaturity and negatativity. If anyone wants to know how not to act when it comes to responding to a thread read this topic. Anyway thanks for that but I think the fun has been ruined for me, no need in trying this hard for a game when there are people like redshifter playing it. Best regards to everyone else and good luck with everything.
  • edited August 2009
    It's funny how people have to attempt poorly at being rude through text. I am merely trying to gather as much information as I can..lol so I have redshifter to thank for the show of immaturity and negatativity. If anyone wants to know how not to act when it comes to responding to a thread read this topic. Anyway thanks for that but I think the fun has been ruined for me, no need in trying this hard for a game when there are people like redshifter playing it. Best regards to everyone else and good luck with everything.
    What Red Shifter said was not rude at all. He answered your ****ing question, and you're going to ***** about how he answered it JUST because it's in all caps and large font? Obviously it was necessary, because your question was answered THREE TIMES in normal font already, and you still asked about it after that. God some people are so ungrateful...
  • Blakhart and Sami-FIN helpfully and properly provided correct information pertaining to the problem; frankly, as did RedShifter.

If you're having problems with the base initiation of the game (which, I'm trying to infer from the rather complete LACK of information about your problems in your posts), I have helpfully provided a click by click screenshot guide to installing the game and the TribesNext patch: http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=37.0

If you have followed that down to the click (which I'm going to assume you haven't), then you would be presented with the TN version of the login system upon launching the game (which I assume you haven't seen). Once you reach that stage, there is a (frankly idiotproof) account creation wizard that guides you step-by-step in the creation of a TN account.

If you have specific error messages, post them. If you're going to be vague about the problems you are having, and trying to attack the people who are giving you correct information, then by all means, consider our community unworthy of your presence.
  • Well I do believe I was trying to be as informative as I could be on my problem and the fact that I was answered three times with nearly the same answer everytime isn't my fault, some people like to blame those who say things like "I can finally get past the login screen somehow but the game still tells me I need the tribes next client to join the servers and I am a little on the stupid side so I can't figure it out." I started out badgering myself so no need for the sarcasm first and foremost. Secondly it seems like everyone is leading me in circles telling me stuff that I've already tried to inform everyone that I've tried and was still have some of the same problems yet I keep getting the same answer....kinda needed a new answer if anyone actually knew anything. Redshifter in all caps is possibly a mistake on my part and thyth you telling me in your own special way that I'm not doing all I can is a bit off but ohwell, all I can do is keep asking questions until I get it figured out, plus I just don't understand why it has to be so difficult to play T2 in LAN, never had to install a patch to join local servers but then again that could be just me and my lack of knowledge on how these things work. My apologies on the waste of everyone's time and I am sure theres more important things to do so with all that being said I'll just remove my account from this website in hopes that everyone is satisfied.
  • I just don't understand why it has to be so difficult to play T2 in LAN
    This tidbit would've been helpful.
    TribesNext is so you can play Online!
  • See... you didn't mention anything about LAN play. The screenshot walkthrough tells you exactly how to install, patch, and run the game in online mode, which is the expected and intended method of operation. You must be in online mode to connect to online mode servers. If you are not in online mode, the server will return a message to the client saying: "This is a TribesNext server. You must install the TribesNext client to play. See www.tribesnext.com for info."

This message replaces the old Sierra "This is an online mode server. You must be playing online to connect." message, so people still using hacked together LAN solutions would know where to go and how to join properly, rather than having no way of knowing why they can't join a server.

If you want to play in LAN mode, on LAN mode hacked servers (I think EWO might still run one), you do not need to create any sort of account with TN. So, your question about account creation really is the source of confusion. We don't understand what you're trying to do.

All of the (two) direct questions you asked were answered:
    So would I have to re-register an account?
    Etabob, yeah, you need to make a new account.
    So I can email Sierra and get a registration key?
    USE THE NEW REGISTRATION METHOD LINED OUT BY TRIBES NEXT.

Those questions tell us next to nothing about what you're trying to do, so, it's understandably frustrating to try to fill in the blanks to help you. Plus, you're being all defensive, instead of answering the questions we've asked back to you.
  • In his defense, he did say something about clicking "Create Account" and seeing that the auth server was down (even though it wasn't). So I think the LAN comment was a mistake on his part. Unless he never even installed TribesNext at all... but I'd think he would have done that by now. Then again, maybe his "way to get past the login screen" was using the LAN shortcut and thinking the lack of a login screen meant he was logged in.

Either way, his initial problem of not being able to reach the TribesNext auth server is still on the table. I think.
  • Etabob, sorry, if I have offended you in any way. I didn't mean to, but merely thought I had understood your problem.

Please do post again, if you need anymore help. Turkeh's and especially Thyth's (sorry, Turkeh) final posts do seem to contain all the necessary information, though.
  • Well I was hoping someone could explain it better than I could. I opened the executable properties and typed at the end of the line -nologin and so I guess I am seeing the server list without an initial login screen, but anywho no need for this thread to turn into a storytime bashing event, just glad to see my problem described better than I could do.
  • If you installed the patch, use the original SierraUp.exe shortcut to launch the program, or set up Tribes2.exe to use the -online switch. The -nologin switch doesn't log into the TribesNext system properly.
  • Alrighty no more -nologin...check, good to see you found the caps lock redshifter :p
    I am having trouble finding the Http filter on either my firewall or my anti-virus. I use AVG for anti-virus and just Windows Firewall for the firewall.... I read a thread on here about the server address and what I need to do to include Tribes 2 or something like that, http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=1470.0
    But I can't seem to find out how to "disable HTTP filtering"
  • Alrighty no more -nologin...check, good to see you found the caps lock redshifter :p
    I am having trouble finding the Http filter on either my firewall or my anti-virus. I use AVG for anti-virus and just Windows Firewall for the firewall.... I read a thread on here about the server address and what I need to do to include Tribes 2 or something like that, http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=1470.0
    But I can't seem to find out how to "disable HTTP filtering"
    http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=469.0

AVG is specifically mentioned. The option is called "Link Scanner" and apparently you need to reinstall AVG without it to actually get rid of it.
  • This is why I never use any sort of virus scanner. They do nothing but cause problems, and they provide no functionality that you can't provide for yourself by exercising some basic internet sense.
  • alright well I finally got tribes 2 working all because you guys were patient with me. Sorry for the headache I caused. Thanks a million for the information even though you guys didn't have to put up with that, I just got deffensive when I'm trying as best as I can to describe my problem and all I get is sarcasm. Anyway thanks again...my apologies red shifter.